Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Alternative Medicine
Health Discussion Forum

I need a home remedy for not being able to sleep and ansiety?

Does any1 find the Pepto - Bismol Jingle ADDICTING?
I sing it all the time when I am bored. I sing it in the schoolyard with my friends and ppl think we are cazy....

Whats a natural way to get rid of a cold?
something to do with herbs maybe...?...

How soon after taking aspirin is it safe to drink alcohol?

Is there any substitutes for Sleep ?
Such as instead of sleeping you take a shot and it makes it be as if you had slept....

Can I cure a sinus infection without antibiotics?

What are some alternatives to chemical anti-depressants?

Natural remedy acid reflux heartburn?
hi,can anyone tell me if they have ever downloaded,this bob barton,acid reflux remedy report,its supposed to be a doctors natural way to get rid of heartburn acid etc,cost around 17 pound (34 dollars)...

I have a hangover...Cure me?

Additional Details
....It is quite a big hangover!...

Any one have a natural cure for sore throat?

Can someone recommend a natural sleep aid.?

What are the best natural remidies to cure asthma?

I smoked weed for the 1st time the other day.. is there a safe n fast way for me to flush the drugs out?
Yeah ok I know that ur not suppost to do drugs..

But I smoked weed for the 1st time the other day..

And now I am looking for a job.. So this means drug testing

So is ...

Magic Mushrooms?
Is it true that if you take magic mushrooms you can "see music and hear colours"?...

Anybody know any good natural laxitives?
I've tried apple juice and prune juice....

Can taking too many herbal medicines have a bad effect on my body?
I have a selection of 23 herbal remedies. if i take the recommended dose of each one, will that mess up my body and cause me problems? The herbal remedies are things like ginseng, ginkgo, saw ...

Does any one know of a natural way to deal with anxiety from post trematic stress?

Is it normal for a 42 year old to be diagnosed with Alzheimer's?

What is wrong with going to massage places?

Sore throat. Any tips on improving my voice?
I havea sore throat and possibly a bad cold, but I have to give a public speech in a little over an hour. My voice is terrible now. Any tips on improving my voice, so I don't sound like a ...

cheeze whiz
What are some remedies for insomnia?
i can't fall asleep at night and i don't want to take any pills.

kurticus1024
Rating
I know like 50

maybe I'll share em sometime

immoney88
Rating
you could use like some herbal crap or something like that

Bud's Girl
Well, personally, mine are: Trazadone, Lithium, and Visteral. I could NOT sleep without them!

pnkyz_brain
Rating
Massage!

mattoon_pac
Rating
you should try a natural over the counter pill called melatonin, it works wonders for me, i cant sleep at all without some form of medication.

siobhan
There are some good tips on this page:

Aely
Take a warm bath, sit in dim lights hour or so before sleeping. Try reading a book. There are alot of different teas that are suppose to help. My friends says just thinking of "black" and consintrating on that works. Adviod drinking anything with caffinee within a few hours of when you want to sleep. If you can't sleep don't stay in bed too long keep up and do somethng then try going back to sleep again. Good luck.

tlgassert
You can try taking the natural herb Valarian. If you take a few of those before you go to bed and drink with a warm glass of milk, that will calm your nervous system and will help you sleep. A bath before bed also, as long as it isn't too hot. Also if you lay in bed and focos on one thing and meditate on it, that will help too.

michael_handy2000
Its hard to know without knowing what kind of lifestyle you live. If you're pretty active throughout the day, your body should be sufficiently worn down by the end of the day and you'll have no trouble sleeping at all. It could be also that you are eating something for dinner, or late at night, that gives you an untimely energy boost.

But if that's not the problem, one thing I'll do is tire out my eyes by reading a book right before bed. The action of focusing and shifting your eyes in order to read is a great way to bring on drowsiness.

Beyond that, without more details its hard to find a real solution. I hope that you can find some suggestions in this forum helpful.

Icteridae
Rating
You're either keyed up from thinking too much or your body is running on overtime.

If your brain is too full of worries or schedules the best thing is to distract it:
It's corny, but I have a radio with nature sounds. The least obnoxious ones are the crickets or the white noise "wind". I play that and slowly count backwards from 10000. Like counting sheep -- but you have the large numbers floating in your head instead.

Aroma therapy from the answer above is good, too. Try either lavender or heather. I don't believe it actually effects your brain but it is enough of a distraction to perhaps relax your neurons.

If your body is the culprit -- get out and get some exercise! Nothing give me a good night's sleep like jogging 6 miles every day.

Good luck!

bad luck
workout and eat good no stress its difficult
try aeromatheraphy

wize woman
Rating
Meditation and relaxation works,also try visualization--imagine yourself in a calm place you love where you are close to God, for example, or your favoured mountain spot or sea shore.
Avoid late snacks, and afternoon coffee and tea and coke, every bit helps. If you relax more you need less sleep, because you sleep better, deeper, and so on. It is not the quantity of sleep, but the quality that counts. Good luck.

beltanes_ember
Rating
well best way is to take a pill...so ill tell you about it anyway. its a natural remedy, not that crazy crap that makes you feel like you have a hangover. I am a crazy-light sleeper, and every little noise wakes me up! so here are my tips...

first off, make sure your room is completly dark. i know i am bothered by any little bit of light, maybe you are too (even my computer lights, or cell phone charging bugs me) secondly try some white noise, like having a fan on (low--high may be too loud) in your bedroom. this also helps cover noise if other people get up. thirdly (here is the pill part) you can get melatonin...its a natural chemical that your body produces when you are about to enter deep, restful sleep. (and you can buy the cheap kind at walmart for about $5) take it 20 minutes before bed, and make sure you turn out the lights (melatonin stops working when exposed to light--meaning when dawn breaks melatonin slowly wears off so keep the lights out)

hope this helps,
Blessed Be

sOuL dOcToR
Rating
Homeopathic Remedies for Insomnia due to different reasons and with different symptoms :-

Sleeplessness during menopausal stage Senecio Aur 30, 4 hourly

Cannot sleep in the early hours of night; utterly wide awake, mind active; sleeplessness due to excitement Coffea Cruda 30, 6 hourly

Cannot sleep after 3 A.M.; sleeplessness due to mental strain or sedentary habits; sleep dreamy and restless Nux Vomica 30, at bed times for 7 days

Due to fear or panic; insomnia after shock or fright; restlessness and tossing in bed Aconite Nap 30, 4 hourly

Due to tiredness; either physical or mental; bed feels too hard; must keep moving in search of soft portion for relief in bed Arnica Montana 30 or 200, 1/2 hourly (3 Doses)

Sleeplessness after midnight from anxiety and restlessness; has to get up and walk Belladonna 30, 4 hourly

Sleepy yet unable to sleep; child tosses, kicks clothes off, twitches; restless sleep with frightful dreams Arsenic Album 30 or 200, 4 hourly (3 Doses)

Sleeplessness and restlessness; specially in first part of night; gets up and walks on the floor, as soon as the bed time comes patient is wide awake Chamomilla 30 or 200, 4 hourly

Sleeplessness due to old grief; after dreams of thieves or robbers Natrum Mur.200 or 1M, 10 min (3 Doses)

Sleeplessness due to sudden shock; disappointment Ignatia 200 or 1M 10 min (3 Doses)

Feels sleepy but cannot sleep; clocks striking at a distance keep him awake; bed feels hot; moves about in vain to find a cool spot in bed Pulsatilla 30 or 200, 4 hourly

Restlessness during early part of sleep; sound sleep when it is turns to rise; gets too hot in bed; throws off covers, gets chilly and puts them on again; puts arms above the head during sleep Opium 30 or 200, 4 hourly

Take the remedy which is similar to your symptoms. No side effects or complications and these are not addictive.
Take Care and God Bless you !

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy