Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Alternative Medicine
Health Discussion Forum

Whats the best way to quit smoking?
i need a supplement to help me quit. ive tried going cold turkey and i always go right back to smoking. ive also tried going down to lights and ultra lights but i seem to smoke more. what should i do?...

I`m an addict to Crystal.I`m getting weak day by day.how can I get rid of it?(bytheway nobody knows in my fami
no one knows about that but it`s becoming public since I doze off at work or I`m always late for my classes.I have already tried to substitute Crystal with some painkillers like Theramadol but it was ...

My brother is constantly getting bitten by fleas. he cant seem to get stop them from bitting him?
all over his body. Is this cause by some sort of deficiancy? Is there something he can do that is natural that can help reduce the bites?...

Going trough hard times in my life, need to get ove my depression. Anyone know of natural anti depressants?
I've been on zoloft for the longest, but due to my troubles, I no longer can afford it and need something to apeace the hurt I feel.... please help ...

What is the best way to treat a blocked ear mine feels completely clogged up?

How to pass a drug test in Little over 48 hours.... drug test is on Monday?
ok I'm sorry I'm not perfect i slipped and found out i have a drug test on Monday and it i haven't smoked weed since Thursday (its the only drug in my system if that helps lol) but yea ...

Does marijuana help with bi-polar dissorder?
My best friend smokes almost every day. He does not take his presribed meds. He says his self medication works better. He has worked in emergency medicine for over 15 years. He also has a ...

Have you ever really taken a cold shower to get rid of excess excitement?

Hypnosis on Sunday i went to see a hypnotist and now i feel sick every time i smoke?
so does it really work hypnosis to stop you smoking?? does it really work or was i sick because its been 24hours since i had a smoke??? whats your thoughts???...

What is the best natural remedy to take for slightly high blood pressure?

Do you know any natural laxatives?
stuff you can eat to make you go to the ...

What is a natural way to fall asleep fast?

What is an effective treatment for severe insomnia?
I am interested in nonaddictive, natural treatments. I have tried melatonin, magnesium, and chamomille tea-- none are effective. Help!...

Wean is the wrold gonna end?
how is gonna ...

What is the Quickest way to Get Marijuna out of your System?

How do i cure a mouthburn?
you know how when you eat or drink something too hot and a part of your mouth gets burned and goes numb? can i do something other than wait it out?...

Anyone know any effective home remedies for acne?
Any advice is helpful, thanks....

Whats a trick on making a cavity pain stop?
i have a bad cavity and it hurts so bad that i cant sleep at night...i cant get to a dentist for another week and ibuprofin and tylenol just dont help...is there in secret ways to soothe the ...

How can I treat packed bowels??
I recently had Knee surgery and was perscribed Hydrocodone and naproxen, my doctor neglected to metion however, that I should drink double amounts of liquids. now I am extremely constipated....Most ...

Natural constipation remedies suitable for a young child?

amlee_king
What's a natural way to treat head lice?
My three year old has head lice, and I'd rather not use chemicals.

trent
Shave his head

assuming that your child is a boy that is

if its a she thatd definately be kinda weird

Miss H
My step daughter went to a sleep over and couple weeks later....LICE!! You have to use chemicals to get rid of it! The one that really worked was a generic brand from walmart called equate head lice remover?? Read the instructions.

Wash all her blankets and stuff in HOT water and dry them on HOT:)

MinivanMama
TOOLS:
- 100 watt lightbulb or natural light is best
- nit comb (recommended instead of fine-toothed comb)
- old toothbrush for cleaning out the nit comb after each check
- magnifying glass (easier to determine what's what)
- natural lice treatment/preventative (normally contains tea tree oil and/or lavender essential oils)
- rubbing alcohol and glass cup (to put combs, toothbrush in after checking)
- option: pup tent for the child to "camp" in for the duration so you don't have to keep stripping down the bed every day to wash

DO:
- Make sure you know what ingredients are used in the lice treatment product and research how safe it is
- Treat the hair according to the lice treatment product directions
- Be vigilant about combing every strand of hair with the nit comb (every day the first week, every other day the following week)
- Vacuum car seats, mattresses, furniture
- Wash all bedding and recently worn clothing (put dryer on the hottest setting)
- Soak all affected combs/brushes in rubbing alcohol for at least 24 hours
- Notify/check all family members and any visitors that have been in recent contact with your family
- Make sure your kids don't share hats, coats, scarves, etc at school
- Make sure your kids bring their own sleeping bags/pillows to sleepovers

DON'T:
- confuse nits with hair debris (see article When a Nit is not a Nit > http://www.headlice.org/faq/notnit.htm)
- get/use lice spray > lice are localized and won't stray from the head unless there's another head of hair close by to set up shop in
- use OTC or prescription lice killers because they are pesticides, therefore poisonous (the CDC concedes that "treatment failures are common" and states several health hazards with using the following: pyrethrins [A-200, Pronto, R&C, Rid, Triple X], permethrin [Nix], malathion [Ovide], lindane [Kwell])
- use mayo, vaseline, pet flea shampoo, vinegar, gasoline > not only are they a PITA to clean out but some like gas are flammable and dangerous to use (c'mon, use a little common sense!) or strip the hair
- buy a lice treatment product if it doesn't state what is in the ingredients

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:
My first (and hopefully last!) experience with lice was when I noticed nits on my oldest DS 3 weeks ago. I had those little buggers gone within 3 days! I did not spray, use crazy home remedies wearing a shower cap all night or bag up all sorts of stuff (like stuffed animals). I did not have to use Rid, Nix or any of the other OTC stuff.

I combed my DS every day, twice a day for a week. I washed all the bedding and dirty laundry using the normal water temperature but put the dryer on the highest heat setting. I checked my son twice a day for a week, being careful to comb through his entire head. I bought the Robi-Comb but it wasn't very reliable. It considers dandruff and other hair debris as lice, and doesn't detect nits. Nobody else we had been in contact with or within my household (me, DH, youngest DS) ever got infested. I do, however, insist my family use a natural tea tree oil & lavender shampoo/conditioner as a treatment and preventative (I like Giovanni the best; also tried JASON; California Baby makes one too), along with Lice Off spray daily, in between shampoos.

Good luck and email me if you have any questions!

Vickie S
Rating
Tea tree oil from the 'melaleuca alternifolia' tree with the T36-C5 qualities - add to the shampoo and the lice are gone - if you require more info, feel free to email me and I will help you the best I can - please don't use those pesticide laden lice shampoos, let's keep our children happy and healthy!

BigE
Rating
only way is to shave your head bald... either that.. or you can just go to a store and get some shampoo...

=)!
I've had lice so many times when I was younger.

My mom used viniger and picked the lice out of my hair.
she also put mayo in my hair ( i was 7 and i cried the whole night & i dont think it worked)

in the end she used chemicals because all of my siblings had it, and she did too.

If your child is a boy, shave his head, thats the easiest solution or get a buz cut.

Bean Blogged
Rating
Do a Google/Yahoo search for "treating head lice" and it has a lot of suggestions.

Best

sunsetspotter
things like olive oil and red wine help see them, but hair colour,same as is works that why adults dont usually get lice.

Julius S
Rating
You get a hippy to stick a candle in his ear. This also works against scabies and the typhoid louse.

iTz_psycho
mayo works i hear and olive oil or u can always pick em out 1 by 1

Jelly B
Shave the head or chemicals, that's really your only choice. Don't forget to treat all the areas of your home also. Expcially the little one's room. Even the stuffed animals. You can put them in a bag, sealed tightly for a week. Anything else can go in the dryer. If you don't do this part, there's a good chance you will see a reinfestation. Good luck, it's a pain.!

I sharpen
Zzzzzzzzzzap that hair. :)

Shave it all off.

Orrrrr...herbs. Check the links below.

Tata
Cover the little man's head in olive oil, rub it into his hair and all over his scalp, make sure its all really covered and let it sit for 45 minutes or 1 hour, then wash it out. It will also make his hair shiny and soft.

medicine ball man
Rating
Try 2 drops pure peppermint oil, 2 drops pure eucalyptus oil
diluted with 2ounces sweet almond oil, gently massage into hair and scalp. Twice daily for two days.

Harry Pickledick
Rating
Get a propane torch that is used for brush clearing. They sell them at Home Depot. That'll work great.

Mike
Rating
Mayo WORKS! just goop on and let sit 2hr wash out hair will be greasy but bugs will be dead comb out with vary fine brush. U may want 2 repeat for a few days putallsheets n stuffed annimals in dryer or seal in plastic bags 4 1 week. Good luck. I rember when my little girlhad them it was h ell till we found this method Good luck

☼☆♦♫♥ Christina ♥♫♦☆☼
Im sorry that you are havin this problem, I know it must be scary. It is not a good idea to use chemicals on a child. You can use regular mayonaise to put on the childs hair and let it sit 15 mins and then comb out the knits (lice eggs attatched to the hair) and any dead bugs. to keep them gone yes you need to wash all bedding and dirty clothes and pillow, and make sure that you put them in the dryer on hot to kill any leftover bugs, and knits..... to keep them down, get some tea tree oil and put a few drops in the shampoo and there will not be any return visits. This kind of thing happens when you have kids.... please dont listen to any of these cold and uncaring people who tell you to shave the babies head. Good luck!!

sapphire_630
You can try mayonnaise or Vaseline to smother the lice, you can make a natural lice shampoo to kill the lice. To a base of five teaspoons of Pure Olive Carrier Oil (or Pure Coconut Carrier Oil), add five drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil, five drops of Rosemary Essential Oil, five drops of Lavender Essential Oil, five drops of Peppermint Essential Oil, and five drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil. Add a small amount of regular shampoo to the mixture, and put this all over the hair - all the way to the edges. Leave this on for an hour under a towel or tight-fitting shower cap to prevent drips. Rinse the hair, and shampoo the hair. (Olive oil and coconut oil kill lice by "dissolving" their exoskeletons, and other oils will not have the same effect.)

•√¡rgő•
Rating
You need Tea Tree Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar and a lice comb

Head lice infestation is predominantly found on the scalp. In addition to using the following recipe on the scalp, you should also do a complete body wash. You need to completely wash all clothes and bedding using Tea Tree by adding 1/2 to l teaspoon of the oil in each load of wash. Wash the entire body with shampoo 300-355ml)fortified with 2 teaspoons of Tea Tree oil. Rinse hair with a hot water solution containing 1/2 teaspoon of the oil plus 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. After drying, saturate a nit comb with the oil (pure), and run it through the hair. Do this for at least a couple of days.

Tea Tree is superior to the products you buy in the pharmacy for lice and scabies. It dissolves the lice and eggs on contact stopping reproduction in its tracks. It will not harm the central nervous system!

You can get tea tree oil from a health food store, apple cider vinegar at grocery store and lice comb from pharmacy.

You may want to reduce the amount of oil used since your son is only three. I mix a few drops with some olive oil when cleaning my son's bum at diaper changes. I used to put it in his bath water instead of soap which also contained harmful chemicals (parabens) . It is anti-fungal too. Don't let him drink it but otherwise it's not harmful.

You may be interested in this: Here is the skin care safety database. It tells you which skin care products (baby care included) contain more harmful chemicals than others: http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/wordsearch.php?query=parabens&nothanks=1

Clam
Rating
Hopefully her hair isn't really thick but anyway, you can comb her hair with a fine tooth comb and kill the lice as you find them, being careful to get them all then, and this is a slow process but has to be done, pop the nits between your thumb and finger nails until they are all gone. Check her head every week until you are sure they're all gone. I know this sounds awful but it sure beat using chemicals on your Little one. Good Luck.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy