Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Alternative Medicine
Health Discussion Forum

Have you ever been cured from a health problem by using natural remedies?
cuz I have....

With so many multivitamins on the market which one has the best ingredients for better health?
or do you make your own, that doesnt seem very safe, you need calcium you need b6 b12, all freakin b's, how much? iron... etc, etc, is there a magic pill?
Additional Details
THANK YO...

I have a sore throat what can i do/take to sooth it?

Do you know anyone who has been hurt by a chiropractor? Or anyone that felt ripped off after going to one?

Additional Details
Im not looking for a chiropractor, I would never pay someone to crack my back and put me in danger. Don't you think something is wrong if you've been going ...

Is there a vitamin or natural product that can help ADD in children?
Is there a natural product or vitamin that will help a child suspected of having ADD? Also any comments from parents that have put their ADD children on prescription drugs and have they helped or ...

Home remedie for Nausea and/or Vomiting (for adults)?
I believe there is something with lemon. What's the proportion to water? Thanks!...

What is a natural remedy for hair loss, to stop thinning of hair?
or even grow hair back, topical or whatever type of treatment, any advice, suggestions, etc? Thanks....

Curing trush on newborn tongue naturally (natural remedies)?
heard about gentian violet how can i use it and in which part is it harmful to babies?...

Why do so many altmed fantasists also believe in 911 conspiracies?
so many of your wacko sites link to 911 "truth" sites.
Additional Details
aimee: well they have something in common i.e. there is overwhelming evidence against both. Also a lot ...

Sore throat?
ive been having a sore throat for like 6 [i may be exagerating] months....without going to the doctor....what ways can i heal it?im on holidays now so im gonna try most of them in one day..unless ...

Am sorry i need to over come laxatives abuse but i dont no how help?
can i get my bowls to work on own again ...

Best homeopathic medicine for insomnia?
i lost my father in jan in painful condition,,now me unable to sleep witout alpax etc..meditation also not works,pls guide any homeopathic med for ...

Dave
Supplements that give energy?
are there any supplements that give energy? sorta like an energy drink.. i heard that ginsing is supposed to help. any ideas?

CianKn
vitamin pills dont give you energy, just a placebo effect.

Susan Yarrawonga
Rating
Perhaps a men's energy multivitamin every day might help. They contain extra B vitamins.

shanta
i think protein

Chris B
There's two parts to the answer to your question....

Our 'energy' as most people think of it comes from our dietary intake. There isn't any other way for us to obtain energy. We take in a certain amount of food a percentage of which provides our cells available calories to use. The food and drink we consume is our only true source of energy.

BUT!

Vitamins are natural substances that affect the way our body converts those calories to energy.Different types of cells have slightly different metabolic processes, and use available calories differently. For instance, the largest net consumer of calories in the average human body is the brain. Vitamins in the B complex, particularly B-12, affect the way most cells metabolize available calories, but particularly those in the brain. This is one of the reasons that megadoses of B-12 tend to promote a very heightened feeling of energy and sense of well-being.

Other substances, such as minerals you might find in a multi-vitamin or in other herbal supplements aid in converting substances the body can't use as is, into substances it can, like tryptophan, which metabolizes (using certain vitamins) into serotonin...which also affects your sense of energy and well-being.

Herbal energy drinks can work, but be sure to research their contents on the web and understand how each of them work in the body.

Overall energy, and how you feel can be helped by supplements, but work best in the company of a healthy diet, proper sleep and light to moderate exercise. Do those things, and supplements will take you to another level!

Hope this helps

pooterilgatto
Rating
Vitamins and minerals, give you energy. Get a good Daily Multi vitamin, like Centrum, or some other brand of your choice at your Health Food store . It takes a little time, of taking the Vitamin with your meal, and you will soon notice the increase in your energy.

healthwriter
When you consistently suffer from low energy, it can be a sign that your body is heavily burdened with toxins. The best remedy is to cleanse, to get rid of accumulated waste and toxins from your body.

butterflyspy
Rating
If your feeling low energy try this fill a glass with soymilk or else regular milk then put a spoonful of blackstrap molasses in it and stir.It tastes pretty good and it has vitamin b and potassium in it.You can buy a large bottle of blackstrap molasses at the health food store. It has helped me when i was so low on energy I thought I was dying.

Saad 4 U
yes ginsing also b vitamins

Jen D
Rating
Ginseng
B-12
Ginko Biloba
Gotu Kola
Ma Huang (illegal in the U.S.)

Most health food stores carry brands of tea that will contain a blend of these, some also have caffeine.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy