Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Alternative Medicine
Health Discussion Forum

Whos Stoned right now?
i know i sure am!...

Is there a cure for athletes feets Does urine work?

Does Kevin Trudeau natural cures really work and is he telling the truth?

Headaches due to lack of something?
I am a vegetarian and have been experiencing some recent headaches. I am not sure if this is a symptom of something missing from my food or maybe just like stress or something. I eat plenty of ...

I heard that prune juice helps get rid of constipation, does plum juice do that too?

Additional Details
Is this the right category for this?...

Does trigger point massage work for you?
I have this knot in my shoulder (under my shoulder blade) that keeps comming back. The longest its been away after any massage is two days. It usually comes back within hours.

My cousin ...

Should family physicians be trained in alternative medicine?

Energy Question,help me please?
I need advice on how to increase my energy. I have been ill and my energy levels are low. The doctors want me to take pills to increase my energy combined with excercise.
I have been ...

Natural remedy for ADHD?

Additional Details
I don't need responses that deny the existence of ADHD. I know for a fact, from personal experience, that it I...

Any of you girls have this too...?
Towards the end of my period, I get one really bad cramp. Its awful; my legs go numb and I feel like I'm spacing out. I pass a lot of clots when this happens and it signals the end of my period.<...

What natural products do you use in your cleaning regime?
Ok, so white wine to remove red, and vinegar to clean your windows..got any other smart natural cleaning tips??...

Has anyone ever sought alternatives to drugs when treating depression or chronic pain?
Have you helped your depression or chronic pain without use of drugs? What did you do?...

How can we prevent from African Maleria?

I live in Manchester and I'm 16 years of age. Can i pick up a prescription without a parent or legal guardian?

St. john's wart how fast does it work?

Red- Eyes SOLUTION?
I WRITING TO ASK HOW ONE CAN IMPROVE HIS/HER IMAGE WHEN YOU ARE BORN WIH RED EYES..................IS THERE MEDICATION THAT CAN IMPROVE THIS UGLY RED-EYES PROBLEM. tHANK YOU...

Anyone know the best way to clean out your colon?
I am not constipated or anything but you hear about all the negatives of your GI tract being blocked up and I want to take something that is cheap and easy and will clean me out. I don't want to ...

Spiritual healing?
I am looking for spiritual healing, to help with my depression, help me connect with god, help me with ongoing questions i have
wheres the best place for to go for spirtual retreats ?
or ...

Joining the army its thursday i did 1 line of coke and inhaled some crack will i fail my UA next thursday?
1 line of coke about 4 inhales of crack how long till clean ua?...

I have a cold, can i drink orange juice?
this is my 2nd/3rd day having a cold. can i drink orange juice?

and could you recommend some fluids for me to drink?
Additional Details

JLB
My family takes garlic supplements to prevent colds and flu. Is there a way to give garlic to my 1 year old?
I'm really not asking for your opinion on whether garlic works or not. Only my 1 year old has had colds/flu this entire winter. I would like to know if anyone knows a way to give a toddler garlic supplements.
Additional Details
I'm not looking for ways to shove a garlic pill down his throat, but thanks medical professional. CPR wouldn't exactly help anyways if a garlic pill was stuck in his throat. I might have to give the heimlich a try on that one if I was stupid enough to give him a pill.

Thanks to all who answered. I tried it on some of his food tonight and down it went!

fastfakts
Maybe you should wait until he is older so he can take them himself!?

Do you know how to do rescue breathing or CPR if he chokes on it?

What is your plan of action for the garlic?

How will this benefit an underdeveloped immune system--- wait to give him supplements until he is of age when his liver and other vital organs can process it and break it down adequately.

Maybe you should re-think your adult question and start thinking about how to foster good, healthy, natural immunity thru a healthy, nutritious diet.

Goldista
I wouldn't think giving a supplement to a one year old is a good idea.

boricua_chick_21
Are you sure its safe to give garlic like that to your 1 year old. Id check that out just in case.

JeRoMe
Rating
just mix some pressed garlic or juice in with the bottle food.

mistress_piper
Rating
I wouldn't recommend giving a supplement to a one year old. Maybe a little in with the food, but that's it. Talk to your pediatrician.

P.S. - I love garlic and it helps me too, I just cook with tons of it!

Paulette
Rating
Check with your Pediatrician and see if a one year old can have a flu shot.

Since my Husband and I began getting flu shots about 6 years ago, we have not had a cold or any sort of the flu or sinus problems.

It might help.

Normality Enemy
I think you should talk to a doctor first but here are a few ways:

-Sneak garlic powder into foods
-PASTA SAUCE
-Try right-sized pieces of pizza

Observer
Rating
If you are concerned about garlic, yoghurt also improves the immune system. The acidophilus causes the body to increase the production of gamma interferon and improve the performance of killer cells.

rovelose1
pured with a Strong tasting food your child likes a lot. I know you do not want opinions, but I think you are doing a great thing for your child on this one.

LO!
Rating
Garlic works- supplements don't. Once you process the garlic you lose the allicin content. The only way to reap garlic's benifits is to eat it in it's natural state. This is the same for all foods. Depending on how picky your child is try cooking the garlic (I know- this too reduces the allicin but raw garlic is most likely too "spicey" for a one year old) with his favorite vege's or add to pasta or make a tasty dip.
Check into possible allergies that your child may have- allergies often seem like illness even to doctors. A simple blood test which you might have to insist your doctor do will let you know.

rrichards2k3
Rating
Depending on your child's digestive system, you can mix a tiny amount of garlic juice into his food, especially Italian dishes (ravioli, spaghetti, beefaroni) which kids around that age begin to enjoy.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, July 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy