Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Alternative Medicine
Health Discussion Forum

Can taking too many herbal medicines have a bad effect on my body?
I have a selection of 23 herbal remedies. if i take the recommended dose of each one, will that mess up my body and cause me problems? The herbal remedies are things like ginseng, ginkgo, saw ...

Does any one know of a natural way to deal with anxiety from post trematic stress?

Is it normal for a 42 year old to be diagnosed with Alzheimer's?

What is wrong with going to massage places?

Sore throat. Any tips on improving my voice?
I havea sore throat and possibly a bad cold, but I have to give a public speech in a little over an hour. My voice is terrible now. Any tips on improving my voice, so I don't sound like a ...

What's the best way to lower cholesterol naturally?
This lipitor is killing my muscles and joints with pain....

Do you believe in healing.?
either pranic, crystal or others as such....

Do you think I'll pass a drug test?
First off, please don't preach to me about your anti-pot opinions. For those who would know about pot, I need advice.

I'm an occasional pot smoker. I've smoked maybe 11 ...

What's he best natural cure for constipation?
My mother Just had surgery and is taking pain medication that constipates her. Is there a natural food or anything that she can take so she can have a bowl ...

Is it possible to beat a blood test for thc?

Ways to help anexity and depression?

I have a sore throat whats the best way to get rid of it?

Good over the counter sleeping aid?

Which of the following is most hilarious: chiroquackter, homeoquack or quackupuncturist?

Quickest way to make a tempertaure go down in a 5 year old?

Are there any alternative medicines to treating glaucoma?
Thanks... Preasure in my eyes has reached at least 37 i know.
Additional Details
One of the side effects of the eye drops i have to ...

Need energy!!!!!?
I have tried so many things to give myself energy. hoodia, energy drinks, stackers... they dont work anymore. Anyone know what works really well to get energy?...

Where can you get salvia???

Anyone got a good home remedy for bloated stomach and loss of appetite?
Besides bicarbonate soda, what else is good? I have a bloated stomach and don't feel like eating. There's a mild discomfort. Please help!?...

THC in Hair?
I will be taking a drug test in January of 2008 sometime. If i quit smoking now (i am a occasional smoker) will I be able to pass a hair folicule test? I am not sure if it is hair or urine test. and ...

The Peoples' Answerer
Is there any substitutes for Sleep ?
Such as instead of sleeping you take a shot and it makes it be as if you had slept.

life's good
Rating
no it's not. sorry!!!

JAYBEEZ M
I substitute sleep all the time, especially when the kids keep me up!

Information Police
Rating
No, sheep are the best. Can't do any better.

Oh, wait, you said sleep...

the bertis
coffeeeeee!!!!!!!

BajaRick
Rating
nope your brain has to go into its sleep mode , I have heard of people who only sleep for like a half hour then stay up for 2 then sleep for a half and so on

Susanne R
Rating
Massage and meditation will help but they are not substitutes.

Mopar Muscle Gal
Rating
no such luck

I Seek
I heard that two hours of resting with your eyes closed is equal to one hour of real sleep.

Joe
no real substitutes for sleep that aren't unhealthy. But something that won't put you to sleep are No-Doz found at cvs or eckerd for a couple of bucks (caffeine pills), or drink coffee. YEAA

LuluBelle
Nope, we need our sleep to survive, otherwise we go crazy, and die after 10 days without sleep.

after 2 days without sleep you will start to hallucinate, trust me ive had it happen to me.

raymond
no you need sleep why the hell would any one want to stay awake for there whole lives? you spend one third of your life asleep

Coyote81
In theory you could drill a hole in your head to drain the toxins that build up while you're awake, but i think that's a bit extreme. Plus, if you died in the process it would kind of defeat the purpose.

thenewjdevil
No. Your organs need rest. People with sleep apnea have problems since their majors organs do not get any downtime and this causes damage. There is nothing else that can safely simulate sleep safely.

aspirit
No. Your body works best with cycles of rest and activity. Extended meditation would come close to sleep, but there wouldn't be any dreams. Also your organs and glands repair when your sleeping. Cleaning out the chaos in your body and brain will give you better and longer hours of productivity. No sleep will make you less effective and live a shorter life.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, July 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy