Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Alternative Medicine
Health Discussion Forum

What Holistic treatment can be used for arthritis?

What is a good remedy for a horrible hangover???

Does anyone know of any good natural Nausea remedies?

Should i take half or a full LSD blotter?
I'm going to be taking LSD at some point soon and im wondering whether to take half a tab or a whole tab. Its the first time im going to of ever tried any type of drug before. I dont want an ...

When your bi polar is it norman to still have mood swings!?

Can you make whiskey from cannabis?

Is it true that eating cannabis leaves is not harmful, but smoking is?
I asked a question, "Why did Bruce Lee eat cannabis leaves", and one of the answers was that it's considered a natural herb in most parts of the world, and that eating it is harmless ...

Natural cures for bladder infection? Please help!?

Anyway to trip out without illegal drugs?
just wondering, id like to find a safe legal way to relax and trip in my home listening to ambient music?...

Marijuana,Is there any other alternative ?

Additional Details
angelkake I like your answer....

Tell me the name of most powerfull sleeping pill & frm where I can buy tht???

Natural remedies for sinus infection? Can I cure it without an antibiotic?
I'm a preschool teacher and CONSTANTLY getting sick :( Right now i'm trying to fight a horrible cold and i'm trying to lessen it for the holidays. I know I need antibiotics because the ...

Do you believe what Kevin Trudaue says in his book "Natural Cures They Don't Want you to Know about"
In his book, Kevin Trudaue claims that the drug companies are putting ingredients in the drugs on purpose to make you sick. He also claims that the food companies are puposely putting ingredients in ...

Is it possible for a Chiropractor to paralyze you under treatment?
I went to the chiropractor, and he applied alot of pressure directly down on the spine on the back of my neck, which sent a shock down my left arm. Now it is very sore.

Should I be ...

Im still on iron tabelts i was nearly sick i cant take them nomore the taste is horrible?
is there anything else that i can take the has iron in it that wont cause side effects or taste nasty as i live in london
Additional Details

Are there any home remedies to help quit smoking marijuana.?
I just quit smoking ...

Any cure in homeopathy for Rheumatic arthritis of the small joints?
My wife is suffering from the arthritis of the small joints for the last 25 years.She cannot lift even small luggage while travelling or shopping because of her arthritic wrists.
We have tried ...

Multi-Vitamins Why Do You Take Them? What Benefits Have You Seen?
Why do you take Multi-Vitamins? What results have you seen from taking them? Would you recommend teenagers taking them? How long have you been taking them? Do you have any links to how they can help ...

My throat is killin me its dry and itchy. what do 2?

Anybody know about alternative cancer treatments?
anything, any successful treatements other than chemo therapy

For hodgekins ...

Is eating yogurt at night helpful for sleeping?

Midnight_Angel
Rating
According to the Mayo Clinic, here are some examples of foods that can help ease you to sleep:
1 - That Thanksgiving turkey we all wolf down is famous for making us want to nap. The reason is that it is full of Tryptophan, an amino acid that your body converts to melatonin and serotonin, both of which induce sleep. Mom was right on the mark with that warm milk before bedtime. Dairy foods are another good source of trytophan as well as peanuts, bananas, oats and poultry.
2 - Mayo also recommends eating a light bedtime snack that is mostly carbohydrate with a small amount of protein, as that combination is thought to increase the availability of trytophan to your brain.

Here are some examples they give of beneficial bedtime eats:
(A) Small bowl of oatmeal with low-fat milk
(B) Granola sprinkled yogurt
(C) Crackers with peanut butter, cheese or a slice of turkey on top
(D) A sliced apple and 1 ounce of cheese

To be sure of good night’s sleep, AVOID these foods like the plague!
Caffeine, alcohol (Frat house stupor not included), spicy foods and too much liquid without eating any solid food right before going to sleep.

yona y
Each person is difference.
Some one eats yogurt work, but some one not...
If you need to have a deep sleep, after 4:00pm you must not drink coffee anymore.
OR you can try to get an Acupuncture treatment that can help you to have a good sleep. And no need to take any drugs/medicine...

poojari
not at all.yogurt has nothing to do with sleep pattern.

cougariver23
yes, it has the same amino acid, triptophan, that turkey has in it. Bananas do also.

lorivee666
I don't know about yogurt but I do know however about a wonderful all natural product that helps with any ailment you may have. I have noticed dramatic increases in sleep and many other things since taking this product. good luck it works!

Andy Pandy
Rating
Yes, washed down with wisky it works a treat.

newly wed1
Rating
Yogurt has natural bacterias in it that effect your intestines and helps digestion and yeast infections. If you are having trouble sleeping try Natural Melatonin 5mg, which works with your natural sleep cycle or a tea called Calming tea by I think "Yogi Teas" It will help relax you in order to promote the calmness you need to sleep.

mofred
Rating
I'm glad this question was asked as I have terrible trouble sleeping. I'm sorry I have no further tips to add. I've tried bananas and hot milk but never yoghurt or peanuts or turkey even. It all sounds a lot better than sleeping pills. Thanks for all the tips.

imsety
Rating
My opinion yes yogurt is good before bedtime.

glgl
I haven't heard of that but calcium (which is in dairy) is very good for relaxation, in fact taking a calcium supplement would help also (with magnesium at night, but separate capsules).
I have heard lettuce is also good for sleeping.

But the best sleep aid I have tried & works for me is doing lots of activity during the day, jogging, work-out anything to get endorphins in the blood system & also make you get rid of excess nervous energy. I get so knocked out & tired that I just drop off to sleep without even trying!

Tonks
Well eating anything with protein in it before bed can help you sleep by keeping you full at night and lowering the chances you'll wake up with a grumbling tummy. Yogurt could be particularly helpful because there is a lot of tryptophan in it, which makes you sleepy. It works along the same vein as drinking a warm glass of milk before bed. Good luck, and sweet dreams.

Swoms8
Rating
Yes it is. If you take this with any cereals meal it impact much and will get sleep quickly. But not sure what is the scientific reason for his.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, December 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy