Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Alternative Medicine
Health Discussion Forum

Does Ginkgo Biloba really work?
As far as the effectiveness of supporting healthy brain functioning....

Do you ever?
feel that you are anctious for something and you wait but you dont know if it will come....

With so many multivitamins on the market which one has the best ingredients for better health?
or do you make your own, that doesnt seem very safe, you need calcium you need b6 b12, all freakin b's, how much? iron... etc, etc, is there a magic pill?
Additional Details

Natural Remedy for Depression?
I saw some commercial on t.v. that was a non-perscription depression remedy that you could buy at CVS or Wal-Mart or something....

What are some natural sources of vitamin C, as in wild edible plants?

Is There Anthing Natural and Safe You Can Take To Get Rid Of Gallstones.?
I was told that I had Gallstones by My Dr.....Is there any Proven Natural Remedy to get rid of or pass them...Only answer if you actually experienced it and know it works....no hearsay PLEASE....

Best home remedies for yeast infections?

I'm trying to quit smoking, what are some home remedies for this?
i have been smoking for almost 4 years now, and i dont want to have to buy nicotine patches or anything like that, i just want to quit without spending money....

Whats the best remidy for a hang over ?

Hangover help?
My friend has a pretty bad hangover. How can I help him?...

Having accupunture. Bute have a massive fear of needles. !!! Will it really hurt?
Having accupunture thisafternoon. Soo worried about it.
Really hate / scared of needles. I panic around them. !!

Will it hurt. Are they very big ? Can mum comw with me ?

i&...

What's the best natural thing to stop a dry cough?

Is Green Tea good to drink when you have a cold?

Cure for Ear Infections?
Every year at this time I get an Ear Infection I go to the Doc he takes my money and gives me a prescription and thats it, never says anything about why, even if I ask, Ive heard Olive Oil could cure ...

What is a good medication fo indigestion?
i'm taking prilosec, but that doesn't work. i've taken zantac but that doesn't seem to work all too well ...

What is a good home remedy or rx for constipation?

Has anyone ever been to a Holistic Practioner and had amazing results? Tell me about it, I would love to know.
Fibromyalgia is the name and herbs is my game...please help me out if you know anything about this....

I have to take a urinalysis what is best detoxifier to take to hide THC?

Help me, please?
I need to convince my dad to become my doctor to treat me of leukemia. I was diagnosed couple days ago, and i asked my dad to be the one treating me. My dad said that he cannot be the one treating me,...

Why do I feel better after drinking grapefruit juice?
There are some days on which I feel absolutely tired, exhausted, breathless, have a rapid heart beat, am nervous and anxious. But I have observed that on days like these, I feel better when I drink ...

UchihaSoul12
I have a cold, can i drink orange juice?
this is my 2nd/3rd day having a cold. can i drink orange juice?

and could you recommend some fluids for me to drink?
Additional Details
and i heard that you shouldn't OD on the fluids cause it wont help. is that true?

lol21t
Rating
Drinking fluids is the best thing for a cold as long as they are warm fluids. (Cold anything will cause more mucous-avoid milk products as well). I don' t know where you heard about not drinking fluids, but it's not true. Orange juice has vitamin C, and while it may not help your cold go away any faster once you have a cold, it is still necessary for your body and may help to prevent future colds. Drink up!

Leona W
Water or CLEAR fluids are best. I do not know where your info came
from, but fluids will help flush the congestion out of your body.
Warm teas and honey are good, any clear juice, a cup of warm water
with bouillion dissoved in it is good, clear soups.

And it's been clinically PROVEN that chicken noodle soup helps a cold.

You do need the Vitamin C from orange juice, or you could
take a tablet.

timmy
not its not ture, when you're sick your body can overheat or dehydrate really easily, you need to drink juice and water

I never drink regular soda, but when I'm sick I love to drink 7-up or Sprite

careful on OJ though, its great for the vitamin C, but it is acidic and 3-4 glasses could upset your tummy

brulicious
yes! you need the vitamin c in there!

a_osuna25
Yes you can drink orange juice but make sure its room temperature. Some more fluids you can drink are herbal hot teas.

Johnny 5
One of the best products to use for colds is EmergenC. You can pick it up at most health food stores and wal-mart even carries it now. It has 1000mg of vitamin C plus lots of B vitamins. It also has lots of electrolytes to keep you hydrated. You just mix it with 8oz of water and they have lots of different flavors. I live off those things when I'm sick.

pony_power87
Rating
Orange Juice is a fine idea. Also, it can't hurt you to drink as much as you want as long as your kidneys are working.

Get well soon!

fitness hero
Rating
Yep you can
Water is the best thought

Natural B
Rating
you can and drink hot water if you like
check these remedies
http://myblogonbeauty.blogspot.com/2006/08/home-remedies-for-common-cold.html

shhcago
Well first thing that you should always remember is "Feed a cold, starve a fever"
But your question was about fluids. OJ is good to drink when you have a cold, or maybe if you have no appetite, one of those "nutrient juices" with the fruit/veggies in it. I can't think of the name of that drink. V8 splash should also be good...
Like the above poster said, gatorade is also good
Feel better soon, I have a cold too :(

Sage-Coach
Hello,
Drink lots of Orange Juice for the vitamin C. Fruit juices, gatorade and chicken noodle soup will keep you nourished and hydrated. Keep away from dairy products until your congestion is gone. Get well!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy