Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Alternative Medicine
Health Discussion Forum

How to draw out a splinter??
My 6 year old little boy has a splinter in his hand and i don't fancy sterilising a needle to tempt it out.... besides, he wouldn't let me do that !!

Anybody have any good ...

What are the foods that must be avoided when you have a gall stone?
what are some natural remedies for gallstone for it to be flush from our body?...

I heard that gargling vinegar is good for a sore throat. Is this true?

Why do aromatherapy oils have two names?

Do you believe the essential oils can help with ailments?
I recently started reading about essential oils that were used during Biblical times such as myhrr and hyssup and have starting using them....

Marijuna Debate?
Why is weed such a crime? I notice people go crazy when they smoke crack or when people chug down alcohol. People can o.d. on these things yet you simply cannot o.d on weed alone. So why is weed such ...

How do I become a ninja turtle?

What is the best way...?
to keep a 2 year old cool on hot days? My son has problems with regulating his body temp. Doctor always say just stay inside. So does that mean I have to keep him in for the next week. It's ...

What's the best Over the Counter medicine for a severe cold?
What;s the best medicine that you have tried that will clear up severe cold symptoms like, stuffy nose, chest congestion and stuffy head. What have you tried that really works? I am using Thereaflu ...

Any confidence booster drugs?

Why are you supposed to drink a lot of water after a massage?

Is drinking aerated drinks (like soda,eno,7up) useful in getting rid of kidney stones?

Anyone have a tried and true herbal remedy for insomnia?
i'm currently trying natures own sleep ezy, but not having much luck, have you tried anything that actually helps?...

I have arthritis.?
Does the natural medication called "Devil's Claw" work for inflammation? If so, how good? I need serious help to get back to who I use to be....

I would like an unbiased opinion on Laser Eye Surgery (Lasek) I would like to hear from anyone who has had it?
I am seriously thinking of having Laser Eye surgery, I would love to here from anyone who has had the Lasek procedure, I am 61 and wear glasses for distance and close up, any unbiased replies would ...

Do alt med fantasists also believe in alien and 9/11 conspiracies?

Im constipated, any home remedies?

I'm sick, how can I get better without medicine?
I have a stuffed/runny nose and my throat hurt....

I took these white pills that taste REALLY bitter and I don't know what they were. What could it have been?
It was about the size of a regular altoids mint and it had the number 152 on it (or 142, can't remember)
I felt really calm and had sort of a buzz going on for like an hour while feeling ...

How do you sleep when you are out of weed?
I have Adhd and my thoughts are racing when im trying to sleep.
Additional Details
i don't want to end up like Heath Ledger....

kathnjerry
How to get rid of hiccups?

hkrissi
Blow all the air out or as much as you can from ur lungs,Hold like that 3-5 seconds,woah! Hiccups Gone!!!!

MGREXX
Rating
scare you?????

Accupauncture has been scientifically proven to be a hoax because it's like a plasebo, it's all in your head.

Listen. This always works for me. Put a pencil on each ear (not inside!!!) and wait 5 minutes. Hicups are gone!!!

mrsjoshgroban
Rating
stand upside down on your hands for as long as you can.. lean on a wall if you have to

john123447
Rating
According to the Chineese medicine you have an accopuncture point on your back ..about 10 inches below the shoulder..2 inches to the left of your vertebra..if you exert pressure with your thumb the hicups will dissapear like magic..This is the virtue of Shihatsu

racheal_uk_2000
get someone to frigten you

machineman813
hold your breath for 60 seconds. if that doesn't work try drinking a glass of water

souladvice
Fill a glass half full of water and drink it upside down.

Libertarians 4 real choice
Rating
Take a slice of lemon and cover it with sugar, and if you have it, bitters. Pop it in your mouth and chew it rapidly and swallow. Works about 90% of the time.

Recently, my nephew taught me how to get rid of them almost 100% of the time. You relax and focus on calming the spot right around your solar plexus, breathing in and out slowly. I thought he was full of it, but I've since tried it several times and it works.

kingbodonti
Rating
- drink water.
- hold your braet for about 1 minute.

hitchboy20002000
Rating
There's nothing more frustrating than a bad case of hiccups. Most cases of hiccups only cause minor annoyance and pass quickly. They can affect anyone. Many pregnant women will tell you that they have even felt their unborn child hiccup in the womb.

Symptoms
Hiccups are repetitive, involuntary, short intakes of breath accompanied by a distinctive sound.

Causes
Hiccups are caused by involuntary spasms of the diaphragm, causing a short, involuntary intake of breath. The intake of breath is stopped by the glottis (a valve in the oesophagus), which suddenly closes, producing the characteristic sound.

Common triggers are those things that irritate the nerves of the diaphragm, including:

Carbonated drinks

Eating too quickly and not chewing food sufficiently

Swallowing too much air (e.g. talking whilst eating)

Laughing
Frequent episodes of hiccups may indicate an imbalance of the digestive system.

Natural Therapies
The treatment of recurrent hiccups centres on addressing underlying digestive problems.

Herbs such as dandelion root and gentian may be indicated to stimulate the production of the gastric juices required for efficient food digestion

Chamomile tea is calming and antispasmodic and may help to relieve the spasm of the diaphragm
Only the most persistent and troublesome cases of hiccups require medication. Consult your healthcare practitioner if home remedies fail to resolve your hiccups in a reasonable amount of time.

Prevention
Always take time to chew your food properly, and don't eat with your mouth open.

Avoid carbonated beverages such as beer and soft drink.

Craig - Naturopath

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy