Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Alternative Medicine
Health Discussion Forum

Wisdom Tooth Pain?
My brother on a scale of one to ten is about a 8 in pain right now. He says that he is able to eat and has taken 2 500 mg aspirin within the last 24 hours. We have tried the salt watermethod, Orajel ...

I have problem of stammering.how i can recover from it without any medicines.?

What Is The Best Fish For Me To Eat?
I am concerned about mercury poisoning the most....

Has anyone ever heard of someone throwing up after smoking marijuana?
I've known two people who have smoked weed fine for a little while, and then suddenly they start throwing up everytime they smoke. Its supposed to be helpful for nausea, so why would it make ...

What is the best cure for stomach ulcers? its been 5 years now & i still have them.?
I use Omeprazole 10mg, the pain is gone but comes back if i miss atleast 4 days of medication.i am tired of pills everyday.help?...

Answer for getting rid off almost all headaches!?
*^*YOU MAY NOTICE THIS ISNT A QUESTION*^*
We all love ice cream right...ok almost all of us here is a easy and "cool" way to get rid of headaches! Get a brain-freeze and it will get ...

Can you take Valerian with Xanax?
I have horrible anixety and have taken two Xanax's. However, I just want to sleep right now, can I take Valerian in addition? It's an over the counter "vitamin" for healthy ...

Anyone have good results using Accupunture as an alternative medicine?
anything a person should remember, or consider using accupunture for pain relief ??...

What do you think about baba Ramdev?

Low immunities! What is the quickest way to increase your immunities?
I'm a school teacher, and I've been sick ALL winter! I take a daily vitamin, iron, magnesium, etc. I've started taking zinc. I get enough sleep, and I do my best to keep my stress ...

What's the best remedy for toothache?

How can I enjoy the benefits of smoking without getting so much hazardous smoke in my lungs?

Why is there such a terrible smell in my nose in the morning?
I had a car accident last year.My 2 young daughters were in the back when a crazy driver hit and ran us off the freeway and we landed in the median upside down.When I felt the car rolling I said ...

Is there a natural way of healing split ends? without having to go out and buy some expensive product?
Like esspecially after blonde foiling??...

How do i surpress ant bites...its really itchy?

Additional Details
thanks grandma!...

What is ipecac?
What is ipecac?
And where would you find it in a regular house?Ex, Bathroom, K...

I am sick. I am throwing up every were. How do i get better?
Not even sprite, 7-UP, and/or saltines will stay down. HELP ME! I AM SO HUNGRY!...

What is the best supplement to take for hemroids?

Is heroin a good drug to try??
im thinking about trying heroin. anything i should know before i use it-- i have done pot before and spray can stuff....

Is there anything that helps,get rid of gallstones until i have treatment?
try peppermint tea,but there has to be something potent out there that get rid of or improve my health because i am having so much ...

bookluvr315
How much zinc and vitamin C do you take to get rid of a cold?
like as in how many mg's is the max that you can take? last time I had a cold I remember a friend telling me to take like 1500mg of Vit C a day for like 5 days or so and then to only take 1000 for the next week. but I cant remember if those were the right amounts or if they were higher or what, and as far as the zinc goes I just know its supposed to help alot with colds but how much do I take? thanks for any help.

linda t
Rating
It takes awhile for vitamins to work - weeks, in fact. Taking them regularly according to directions helps ward off colds. At the first sign of a cold, use Zycam. It cuts the durations & symptoms dramatically. Best of Luck!

anzarbond
Rating
Zinc role in cold it is question and surprise also because zinc is a treas-element .Vit ' C' very much effective in cold . Take 2000 mg in two divided doses.Better take effervescent tablet dissolve one tablet of 1000 mg ( 1 gm)in a glass of water and immediately drink it.So dose is like 1 tablet morning and one tablet evening (1 bid) for 5 days .

Saved by Grace!
Rating
Im not a big believer in the vitamin c thing....cuz most are synthetic....but I have a REALLY great alternative method to both prevent and get rid of colds and flu and the sicky stuff alike!
drop a couple of drops of hdyrogene peroxide in each of ur ears...let your head be tilted so it doesn't spill out...keep there until bubbling stops....(if no bubbles..no infection) do this severl times a day until no bubbles....it works I tell ya!! do it for my little girl too....in many cases it even lessons the duration time ur sick and symptoms.(assuming you do the treatment in the middle of cold)Its best to do at first sign of anything!

try it!!!! :) (doctors say its safe....but won't work....have proven their theory wrong so many times)

granny turtle
Rating
All I know is any c your body doesnt use just passes through. I think Zinc can cause nausua if overdosed. My book says 50 millgram daily. and 500 mill C and says overdose zinc can interferr with other minerals. Hope your better soon

metoday
take vit c in divided doses no more than 500mg, at least 15 mins apart. apparently we can take on lots of vit c so you can even go 3000-5000mg and not do damage. The max is supposed to be around 10 grams, according to the vit and mineral guide. when you get to much vit c you get diahrea.
the zinc don't take more than 30-50mg daily for all the previously mentioned reasons.

sapphire_630
Only take as much as the zinc bottle says ]
1500mg of C for a few days and then cutting down to 1000mg is fine.

Drink orange juice and eat chicken broth too, they are good for colds

Russell N
It isn't a case of how much you get but how much you have.

I would suggest you eat plenty of capsicum and red meat because capsicum contains high amounts of vitamin C and red meats contains iron which helps oxygen get through your blood.

but all you have to do is eat healthy, get rest and of course get plenty of fluids and you will be fine.

popeye
Rating
Taking too much Zinc will result in heavy metal poisoning, so only take what is listed on the bottle. It will build up in the body and cause problems if taken in excess. Vitamin C is a water based vitamin, so if your body doesn't need it, you will get rid of it. The recommended is no more than 2000mg/day.

DinhaC
Rating
prevention is the best cure, why take vitamin C in mgs? why not eat plenty of fresh fruit, vegetables,honey its how nature intended us to fight off colds, not out of a little plastic bottle containing man-made vitamin C.

Desert Lady
From WebMD:
Vitamin C has been studied for many years as a possible treatment for colds, or as a way to prevent colds. But findings have been somewhat inconsistent. Overall, experts have found little to no benefit for vitamin C preventing or treating the common cold.

and . . .
Researchers have studied the use of zinc as a cold remedy and as a way to treat the cold virus. Still, the data from years of scientific studies is mixed.

In some studies, researchers found that zinc lozenges or nasal sprays decreased the duration of colds. In other studies, they found no differences in cold symptoms between those who took zinc and those who took a placebo or sugar pill.
. . . . .

Personally, when I think a cold is coming on I take vitamin C (2 gms immediately, then 1 gm a.m. and 1 gm p.m., then back to 1 gm/day. Can't overdose on C, but I wouldn't take more than that). If I don't get the cold, I don't know if it was the vitamin C or that I wasn't getting the cold anyway. But, I haven't hurt myself!

I haven't used zinc enough to know if it is effective.

I haven't had a cold in three years!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, December 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy