Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Alternative Medicine
Health Discussion Forum

I can't sleep, please somebody can give me some medication, another thing a can not take any pill?

Is orange juice good to take when your sick?
I have a head cold and I need to know if orange juice is better to drink instead of tea or water....

How to get rid of migraine headaches?
I suffer from chronic migraines and I can't afford health insurance but I make to much to get free medical help, is there way to get rid of migraines other then over the counter meds b/c they ...

Where can you order quality vitamins online?
I have ordered from IHerb and a few other companies, but was wondering if anyone else has found a very good company that carries high-quality - not necessarily cheap - alternative medicine ...

Ok I messsed up?
I smoked two hits from my friend that she already inhaled but only 2 hits i have a test to take in 4 days I dont want to get a postitive urnine and I haave been taking goldenseal liquid w/ echinacea ...

I can't fall asleep if i go to bed early, any tips?
there is no way for me to fall asleep before 12:30 to 1:00am, and i'm trying to wake up at 6am but cant because i didnt get enough sleep. i'm really not a early morning person. i'd ...

Are chiropracters legitimate doctors?

My boyfriend has the cold and has been sick the past few nights does ne1 know ne gud potions???
It's been two weeks and he's being sick nearly every night and it's now coming to the situation were i have used nearly all the ingredients that is needed to fight the cold is their ...

Anyone know of any good supplements for anemia?
I'm almost out of neighbors.

*Wipes bloody arm remnant from lip*
Additional Details
Thank you HarleyGirl, Woman... P...

If there was no alternative, could YOU remove your frostbitten toes with a jigsaw?

Bladder Infections?
Rather than taking prescribed medications to treat a bladder infection...are there any other herbal remedies besides cranberry juice or cranberry supplements?...

Female facial hair and natural supplements?
I have facial hair on my chin and neck which i hate, Most of it's blond but there's a fair amount of course dark hair too. I'v had it for years and was wondering if anyone knows of any ...

What are the best sleeping tablets you have tried (Herbal!)?

Acupucture?
Anyone ever get acupuncture? Did it work? What was it for?
Additional Details
how many sessions did you have to go to?
was it ...

What is the best way to lower cholestrol without the use of western medicine?
Iv heard that cutting out meat and fatty foods alone may not be the answer as it is the body that makes our own cholestrol - is this true? Please ...

Is there any tea without caffeine?

What are natural ways to help with constipation?
no prune juice please....

Is there a way to treat a generalized anxiety disorder WITHOUT drugs?
I have suffered this for a long time. I'm going to try again to talk to a dr. but I know he'll just whip out the prescription pad. I don't want to be dependent on pills, but I have to ...

What is the best herbal medicine for diabetis?

Healing crystals/stones...?
i've searched the internet looking for imformation on healing crystals but different places i have looked seem to say completely different things about the same crystals/stones as though they ...

thomas n
How long is a written prescription good for?

Mary Smith
for quite a while

Ctherapy
Until you fill it

Dr. Okram
That depends. In the United States, each state sets the parameters for prescriptions. This means that states decide how long a prescription can be refilled. For example, in Ohio a non-controlled prescription must be initially filled within 6 months or it expires. If it is filled the first time within the six months, it is then good for one year from the date written.

Example: You get a prescription for fexofenadine (Allegra, generic) written on 11-13-2006. You must fill it for the first time before 5-13-2007 or it expires. Say you fill it on 1-3-2007, it is then refillable until 11-13-2007.

In Ohio, controlled substances (e.g. Vicodin, etc.) are only valid for a total of 6 months, no exceptions

Check with your local pharmacist or State Board of Pharmacy (or Regulatory Body) for the complete answer in your state or country.

golden1
Depends............if it is a long term on going medication, it will be good for a year, at which time the doctor will no longer refill it until he sees you again.

If you mean, if he writes it and you do not fill it, have no idea. Call the pharmacy.

happydawg
Rating
1 year from the date. Sometimes pharnacist get rattled and call the physician to clarify, but 1 year is the general rule.
RN

jaxkipiluvsponch
Rating
Depends on where you refill it at. I THINK it's 60 days (2 months). I held onto a prescription for just over 2 months, tried to refill it and Walgreens said it was too old and against their policy.

SHEBA
Rating
3 months in the UK

tracibenson
Sometimes it says at the bottom of the prescription ("valid for 180 days" or something like that). If not, I think it would depend on what it was. I would think no longer than 6 months, though.

JOHN M
Unless specified otherwise it is valid for a year.

The Anthwer Man
It thould thay on the bottle.

huggz
Rating
In the UK I believe it is 3 months...;

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy