Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Alternative Medicine
Health Discussion Forum

Besides antibiotics, what cures an earache?
i have had one off and on for two weeks, no medical insurance......

What color are most drug dealers?
why wont they ...

Can i take vitamin A ,vitamin E, vitamin B3 , calcium, and omega3 at the same time??

White tongue??
hi, i hope someone can help me, i have a painless white tonue all the time. i brish it and use a tongue scraper but it jus doesnt go. i dont smoke, drink tea or coffee and have a pretty healthy diet. ...

What should a person do if they know someone is being dishonest ?
I know for a fact that a man that runs a health food store in Michigan says he is a Doctor of naturopathy & calls himself "Dr." He only took a 5 week mail in course many years ago & ...

Anyone that tried the gallblader flush?? Any other suggestions for the removal of gallblader stones???

Is there a herbal aid or ear drops for ringing in the ears?

Can anyone recommend any alternative products for IBS.?

Do You Have a Cure for Depression?
I would like to find something to take for depression which isn't prescribed by a doctor. Has anyone had success with anything naturopathic or alternative other than St.Johns Wort? If so could ...

Marijuana -legal?
should the common herb marijuana be legalized?
its just a herb that doesn't really effect the body in a negative way except for make you a bit slower for a few hours
the feeling is ...

Should animals be used for drug developement?

Are colon cleanses all they are really hyped up to be?

If you get a cut or scrape, abd there's no alcohol, can you use vodka on it? can vodka be a disinfectant?
Vodka has a lot of alcohol, can it actually be used to kill germs and disinfect cuts and scrapes?...

I want to know new methods to quit smoking?
i have tried patches, are there other ...

I dont get high by soking weed.Any tips?
I smoke pot by making joints,hollow the cigarette and put the marijuana. Am i doing it wrong??All i feel is hungry and my throat goes dry?Any tips??...

Get that psychedelic effect without drugs?
Is there anyway to get that psychedelic effect without drugs? Like does oxygen give you that sort of sensation? Or like something else preffereably ...

I would like to perform a full body detox, how hard is it to do?
I've been reading online about doing an intestinal cleanse, are there any real benefits to this? I ran into this site: http://healthbeginsinthe and it basically covers why one would ...

Do taking vitamins and mineral pills really help?
Right now i'm almost perfectly healthy, but would taking vitamins help me or hurt me? Also my grandma is from Mexico and she's in her sixties with a few common health problems a lot of old ...

What is noni?
where and how to find indian ...

Am thinking of taking up meditation...any advice on the type I should choose?

‚ô•Ava‚ô•
How long does it take for 2 extra strength Advil to wear off?

Additional Details
I took it 3 hours ago and i need to take something else cause it didnt work!!

H2o
Rating
You should probably at least wait a minimum of 6-10 hours for the medicine to completely wear off, but to make sure, read the directions on the box. It will sometimes tell you.

Valhalla *
Rating
i read that taking more than the recommended dosage of aspirin including advil does not do any better so just keep that in mind.

xovenusxo
Rating
There is no real "effect" of extra strength Advil.....except possibly the caffeine. Check the label for dosage and when you are advised to take more and that would be the time frame. It could be slightly more or less depending on your weight and height.

xnoiseandkisses9
It should tell you on the bottle how long.

Usually you need to wait 4 hours I think. The bottle should tell you how long to wait before you take more.

beautyofthesea
Rating
If you took 2 extra strength Advil and are still having a lot of pain you need to see your doctor and getting a stronger narcotic type pain med prescribed to you like vicodin or Tylenol with codeine. What kind of pain are you having and how long has it been going on?

big bad momma
it takes about four to six hours,it probably wasn't strong enough

Leah
I think after 4 hours you can take something, but they don't fully wear off for about 6 hours.

Feel better!

The angels have the phone box.
Rating
It actually depends on your body. I won't bore you with details of the P450 enzyme or the difference between Phase 1 and Phase 2 pathways. ;-) But the recommended times are actually for the test subjects, average healthy men. So the rest of us are just guessing.

Drink plenty of water, but slowly. This will help flush the pharms out of your system and will probably help you feel better anyway -- a lot of pain is actually related to dehydration.

bmac
Rating
You'd be fine now. If you only took 2. If you had taken 3-4 (600-800mgs.) then I would say 6-8 hours.

Dumpy Poofus
Does it say on the bottle?

SCHNARF!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy