Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Alternative Medicine
Health Discussion Forum

Which cough drop is better...¬†?
i have  a badcough and was  wondering  which  helps better???...

Drug Test: Can the doctor tell if a guy used his girlfriends pee?

How can you cure a bad head ace?

What's the next best thing to smoking weed?
I'm looking for something more legal that has a similar relaxing effect. thanks....

What do i do for dry,cracked and bleeding feet?
In the past I had this probelm. It was when I was about 12-13 years old. I have not had this condition since then. I am now 30 yers old and I have it again. Is their a cure for this, cracked and ...

What is the best thing out there to lose weight with?

Natural Cures/Help for Fibromyalgia?
Hi I have Fibromyalgia and IBS I am looking for Alternative ways to deal with the pain. Please let me know if you have found anything that works! T...

What is a great homemade or natural laxitive found around the house?

Did I Smoke to much weed?
Okay so iv only smoked like 4 or 5 times and this has happend 2 times already i smoke and then my whole body starts to viberate and my eyes cant stay locked on to anything they keep blurring.
i ...

What is colour therapy?how does it work?

How does gargling with salt water help to relieve a sore throat?

What is the best herbal plant to use for arthritis?

Should I take testosterone hormones if my voice a bit girlish?

Childhood constipation?
my five year old daughter is constipated and to add to my woes she's autistic,, any ideas on how to get her to function ? please . we have tried frsh juice, oranges,grapes,,she wont do prune ...

Is there anything you can eat to repel mosquitos?
Off, Cutter, Skin So Soft, nothing works, need to try something internal....

What's the fastest way to get rid of hiccups?

What's the best thing to drink to help a sore throat?
Besides honey and water mixed together.
And water....

How much water do I have to drink to cleanse my kidneys? How do I know that I am finished with cleansing?

I have a headache?
Please tell me what can I use medicine....

What, if any, are the health benefits of burning incense?

Patty
How do you bring a boil to a head.?
I had a list of home remedies but I must have deleted it.

arctic1
keep a hot hot cloth on it the same as a ingrown hair or even toothpaste i was told at one time hope it helps you

herycz
I don't know the home remedies but I know you can buy a drawing salve over the counter at any drugstore. Apply it and wrap or bandage the area loosely. Monitor it. Depending on the type of boil, the pus could be full of staph and you wouldn't want to get that on you or anything that others may touch. Make sure you clean all areas thoroughly after the boil expresses itself.

Kytten
cut a piece of brown banana peel just larger than the boil and place it over the boil with the inside of the peel against your skin using a band-aid to keep it in place, let it set for a couple hours and it should bring it to a head or try ichthammol ointment(found in most drug stores, sometimes known as boil-eze)

bdgizzy
Prid sauve.

cope_acetic
Rating
Wet a washcloth as hot as you can stand it and hold it against the boil til it cools. Reheat & repeat for as long as an hour at a time. This should work within 24 hours or less.

Sugar
Rating
I heard that you put salt on it.

joyceeleann
Epson Salt. If its in a place you and soak in a warm tub or bowl of water..add epson salt..it draws out all the puss inside the boil within a mintue or so.

kitttykatklaws
hot towel

thejenns22
Try a hot wet towel or sitting in the bath tub with hot water. I had one before and I would poke it with a needle (cleaned with alcohol first) and I would squeeze the bacteria and puss out. Make sure you put an antiseptic or antibacterial medication on it afterwards to prevent infection. You may be left with a scar and/or bruise.

Janis J
Rating
Is this a boil or a large pimple? If its a boil you might want to have a doctor lance it and make sure you don't get further infection. If its a large pimple .. there are a few methods .. but if you force it you may cause scarring! .. The only one I've known to work is heating a small bottle (boiling .. hot) .. placing it over the boil and cooling it quickly with a cold cloth - this is supposed to draw the poison to the surface and pop the pimple .. gross .. also leaves a bruise and again .. forcing it can scar. Good Luck! (Eat Garlic!)

Mrs..Yahoo
Rating
put something starchy on it like a potatoe
or flour or corn starch

david786
warm moist heat..

TweetyBird
Moist heat. Wet a washcloth, wring it out so that it's damp, put in the microwave for 30 seconds and apply. It can be reheated and remoistened as needed. Apply as often as possible for fastest results. Once it ruptures, it must be thoroughly cleaned and all pus removed to prevent reinfection. The pus will contain live bacteria.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy