Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Alternative Medicine
Health Discussion Forum

Can someone recommend a natural sleep aid.?

What are the best natural remidies to cure asthma?

I smoked weed for the 1st time the other day.. is there a safe n fast way for me to flush the drugs out?
Yeah ok I know that ur not suppost to do drugs..

But I smoked weed for the 1st time the other day..

And now I am looking for a job.. So this means drug testing

So is ...

Magic Mushrooms?
Is it true that if you take magic mushrooms you can "see music and hear colours"?...

Anybody know any good natural laxitives?
I've tried apple juice and prune juice....

Can taking too many herbal medicines have a bad effect on my body?
I have a selection of 23 herbal remedies. if i take the recommended dose of each one, will that mess up my body and cause me problems? The herbal remedies are things like ginseng, ginkgo, saw ...

Does any one know of a natural way to deal with anxiety from post trematic stress?

Is it normal for a 42 year old to be diagnosed with Alzheimer's?

What is wrong with going to massage places?

Sore throat. Any tips on improving my voice?
I havea sore throat and possibly a bad cold, but I have to give a public speech in a little over an hour. My voice is terrible now. Any tips on improving my voice, so I don't sound like a ...

What's the best way to lower cholesterol naturally?
This lipitor is killing my muscles and joints with pain....

Do you believe in healing.?
either pranic, crystal or others as such....

Do you think I'll pass a drug test?
First off, please don't preach to me about your anti-pot opinions. For those who would know about pot, I need advice.

I'm an occasional pot smoker. I've smoked maybe 11 ...

What's he best natural cure for constipation?
My mother Just had surgery and is taking pain medication that constipates her. Is there a natural food or anything that she can take so she can have a bowl ...

Is it possible to beat a blood test for thc?

Ways to help anexity and depression?

I have a sore throat whats the best way to get rid of it?

Good over the counter sleeping aid?

Which of the following is most hilarious: chiroquackter, homeoquack or quackupuncturist?

Quickest way to make a tempertaure go down in a 5 year old?

LOUIS CIFER
Does anyone know a good way to quit smoking?
i'm 26 & its been 8 years since i started smoking.

mollie
Yes, meet someone with lung cancer or emphasema

christigmc
Rating
Have you tried gum and a punching bag. When you have a craving chew gum. If the craving is driving you crazy punch the bag.
Do you have children? This got my dad to stop smoking. He was told that if he continued smoking he would continue to risk his kids to be disfigured, with mental problems, and with continuous health problems. He quit on the spot. He still feels that he quit too late because I have sensitive lungs.

rythizzle
Rating
participate in as many physical activites as you can... eat healthier... everytime you crave a cig, punish yourself by doing pushups... trust me, you'll get tired doing pushups...

chrisbrown_222
Rating
I had your problem. I tried most everything. What actually worked was, I mentally put a pack of ciggs in one hand and my "man hood" in the other and asked myself which weighed the most. In other words, man or mouse. Cold turkey...of course you only need to stop for one hour,,,,,,,,,,at a time.

A guy who cant fall outta love
Rating
Think of all the bad things about it and write them down on a paper in a paragraph. Have someone read it to you as you think about those things, and when you're convinced not to smoke, buy a pack of that gum that helps you quit.

superdanny
Rating
*throw away your cigarettes, ash trays, lighters, matches, etc.
*try your best....
*if you can´t.... buy some nicotine gum or patches
*don´t go to places where people smoke until you manage to control the need.... I know it´s not easy but you can do it......

No one
Rating
No way is a good way except "cold turkey." I quit 26 years ago after having smoked for 25 years. I was smoking 3-4 packs a day and could barely breathe. My doctor told me he could give me medication to mask the symptoms, but in 3 years I would be a weekly patient of his and in 5 years I would be dead. That did it!! I never touched another cigarette again. Just stop, handle the withdrawal, and you will be glad you did!!

Good luck!!

Opus
Rating
Most people who are successful (have quit for a year or longer) did it cold turkey. If the cravings get to you, then the patch, gum or lozenge are very helpful. Hang in there, most people have to try 3-4 times before they get over it.

I'm That Chic For Ya... Man
Rating
They say it takes 7 or more times, usually, to quit smoking. In my mom's case, all she had to do was go to the doctor, they told her she had a lump on her throat or something, and she quit cold turkey. I hope it doesn't take something like that to happen to you to get you to realize you are commiting a slow suicide. Try the nicctine gum, chew it as hard as possible. Use the patch as often as they tell you. Really commit, that's all you can do because it's your choice whether you want to live longer, for your family's sake, and for your own sake. Good luck!! I wish you the best...

Lizza
Rating
Hypnosis worked for me.

Irving B
Rating
Cold Turkey..... Plus discover what tobacco smoke really tastes like. When you crave a cigarette by all means light up; but before you take that next puff, rinse your mouth out with a solution of baking soda and water. This neutralizes the tastes buds and gives you the true taste, and it is enough to boost your will power to quit the habit.

Melissa F
Welplex. I did it almost 5 months ago, and I haven't started back. I also wasn't cranky during the "withdrawal" phase, and I don't miss it. I referred several people at work to get it done, and they've all done it with the same result. It's pretty expensive, but it REALLY works. Always before when I would try to quit, I would want a cigarette so badly that I would actually believe I was going to die if I didn't have one. I didn't feel like that AT ALL with Welplex. In fact, I barely missed them at all, even the first week. I smoked for 12 years, at least a pack or pack and a half a day.

tried it all
Rating
I smoke and have been trying to quit. I have used the nicatrol filters. But I always seem to start back. no willpower! More power to both of us
And to all you nonsmokers. You have no idea how hard it is to quit. It is no different than an overwieght person trying to lose wt. Or an addict trying to quit drugs. EVERYONE has a bad habit, why dont you try to stop yours

Jenny A
yes----------------don't start.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy