Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Alternative Medicine
Health Discussion Forum

What is the best way to soothe sunburn?

What are some natural stool softener's?

Clearing Acne Remedy?
i have acne, and i dont like it. I heard of things such as Toothpaste, Sugar and soap. there are just and endless number of homemade cures. I was wondering if anyone had any home made remedy that ...

What natural remedies can be used for high blood pressure?

What is a natural cure for arthritis pain and where can you get it?

This may sound stupid,my right foot hurts on the side of the foot,does anyone know if it could be the shoes?
I limp sometimes when it starts hurting,sometimes my feet and ankles swell,when I sitting down in bare feet,a sharp pain shoots in the side then it goes away.I have no medical insurance but when I ...

Bladder infection! help??
any home remedies??
otc meds that worked for you???
ANYTHING?!
has anyone ever tried those cranberry pills??
HELP!...

Any other recommendations besides Echenacea that can help boost the immune system?
I'm always catching colds...and just wondering if there are other natural herbs that can be taken with Echenacea to boost the immune system. I understand that zinc also helps a great deal....

Best cure for stress?
E...

Is there effective treatment for stomach ulcers?
Have persistent chest pains and stomach pains and doctors said i have stom ach ulcers and advised me take an anti- acid drugs and avoid all foods with acids but have done that and no improvement....

I have been suffering with burning feet for almost a year. Any remedy with alternative medicine ?

Does anyone know a special prayer that gets rid of warts?
I heard there is a special prayer that gets rid of ...

How can I lower my blood pressure without taking Rx.drugs ???

How can i stop being so anxious all the dang time?
no medications please. give me some natural remedies such as foods or herbs or breathing excercises. something....

Is drugs the answer?

My son has been having watery bowel and vomiting for almost two weeks. now, vomits after eating w/ tummy pain.
he has appetite to eat but rather skeptic for he might get stomach pains and throw up again. doctor said no medicine is required but watch the food intake. so, no dairies etc.. he's 9 y.o., ...

What can you do as an alturnitive to cutting?

My hair is thin, and falling out due to stress. Does anyone have any good ways to help stop this happening?!?
My hair is already thin, but I have a lot of work stress which makes my hair fall out at the root. Stress from my hair falling out just makes more fall out. I'm taking a multi-vitamin and trying ...

Is NutraSweet safe?
I had a tablespoon of fifty50 fruit spread that contains NutraSweet. And I heard that NutraSweet can be deadly and it is not safe.

I am worried if I am ok......

What kind of people take heroin??

sxy latina XXX
Cranberry juice and thrush!?
Whenever someone has thrush apart from using cream people say to drink cranberry juice.How the hell does that help??xx

suehindley
cranberry doesnt help thrush it helps cystitus. it can atually feed thrush with its high acid content.

you need acidophilis to help with thrush

notsoanonymous
God I love Yahoo Answers! Its more human than Wikipedia.
Every time I log in I learn umpteen new things to store away for future use and share.
If cranberry juice is good against infections, I guess its good to boost the throat against sore throats and colds too?

damari_8
Rating
Cranberry juice is good for urine infections, no thrush!
Use natural yogurt if you don't want to use the normal creams.

W W D
Rating
Never heard that one. Cranberry juice has a substance in it that coats bacteria and makes it easier to pee them out when you have a bladder infection, but I think that would be an especially uncomfortable choice of beverage in one with a sore mouth.

Cy
Rating
something to do with the natural chemicals and enzymes in the cranberries...help to calm the indection.

LISA J
Rating
i thought it was for use when you have cystitis (and it does work for that)

rita g
Rating
dont know but my sister swears by it.

lunachick
Drinking cranberry juice or taking freeze dried cranberry pills (which are available at most health food and supplement stores) help with thrush by combating yeast. Thrush is a form of a yeast infection. If you have it, I am really sorry because I know that it can be painful. Cranberry is also useful in the treatment of urinary tract or bladder infections. It's a very powerful natural antioxidant. Good luck.

Oh no!
Rating
It doesn't. Cranberry juice is antibacterial and useful for urinary infections. Thrush is a fungi, cranberry juice is useless against it.

Suzan D
Rating
Its not thrush that you drink cranberry juice for its urine infections. t helps with the acid and alkaline in the urine which causes a burning sensation. For thrush applying canestan cream or a pessary and natural youghat really help.
From Suzi a nurse.xxx

purplepadma
Rating
I thought it was cystitis it's good for?
Thrush people tend to recommend live youghurt on a tampon (it really does help!)

Numpty
oh its the best thing... cranberry juice encourages those bad bacteria that are in your body to exit! it really does work! better than any drug trust me!

pretty sure they stop the bacateria from attaching to any part of your body, whether the infection is internal or external, hence removing the bacteria...plus it contributes towards ur daily water intake as well so it can help ur skin as well as any infections!

lunah
its live yoghurt for thrush... eating it helps... its the bacteria in it that helps with the fungal infection...

as stated before... cranberry juice is for bladder infections.

sal_sunshine99
cranberry juice is great for bladder disfunctions.. one of it's properties apparantly.. you can buy it in tablet form, like royal jelly or garlic.. i just whack orange juice in with it to make it taste bearable :D

lozzielaws
Cranberry is usefull for cystitis, not thrush.

naughtler
Rating
cranberry - for cystitis.
for thrush? well, the insane itching will be relieved by an old remedy. take a small amount of TREX - yes, trex - the white vegetable-derived fat. Hope you are in the UK as you wont know what I'm talking about. The Co-op sells it. Biocare (Birmingham) also sells a product that is excellent and natural - however, its main ingredient is very similar to Trex. So try that - it's also very cheap.
you should get to the bottom of why you have thrush though. Read books on candida and how to eliminate an overload of it.

by the way - loads of people think "ooh, I'll drink cranberry juice for my cystitis" and end up buying 'cranberry drink' instead - which is either full of sugar or sugar substitutes. The sugar is very helpful if you'd like to make thrush even worse...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, December 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy