Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Alternative Medicine
Health Discussion Forum

Sore Throat ?
I have a sore throat and it is really bothering me.
I have tests I can't miss on Tue. and Wed. (TAKS)
So is there anything I can do to soothe my throat?
thx....

Natural cure for gout?

I have failed to be hypnotised on 3 occasions, is it a waste of money to try again. Tomocon?
Three different hypnotherapists in different years. The problem I was treated for has never altered one iota....

Cure By Prayer?
Have You Been Cuerd By Prayer Instead of Medicine?
Please give detailed account....

How can i increase memory by natural ways?

Where can i get emu oil?
i understand emu oil is good relief for arthritis, can any onr tell me where i can get in hyderabad, ap, ...

What do you think is the cure for an obese country?
what can you as an american do to cure the obesity in our country?...

Home remedy for high cholesterol ?

What are the benefits of drinking apple cider vinegar and water?

If you could make up a drug what would you create?

What can I do to cheer up myself? I feel miserable. Any vitamins, herbal tea, supplements can help?

Other than an antibiotic, what can I give my son for swimmer's ear?
sheesh, it ten to 1 Am and I really don't want to go to ER
1 ear "stings" the other is painful...suggestions?...

Anybody know a natural way to decrease anger?
I am looking for supplements, herbs, etc....

Is it true that pouring mountain dew in your eyes, although it may sting a bit, prevents glaucoma?
it says so on the back of the bottle!...

How would one go about curing a sore throat?

I can not swallow any pill larger than an advil. are there alternatives for people like me ?

Is their any Herbal Remedy to cure hepatitis B&C and what is cure rate or %?

Can St. John's Wart stop depression effectively?
I am curious.
Additional Details
Oh, and my depression isn't really severe, just some anxiety and sadness. I also don't ...

My period is nothappening from past 1 & 1/2 month the date was 21st april.please prescribe medicine name sos.?

Enemas....?
It seems like i'll never poop again so tommorrow i might use an enema. R they safe and can i die?
Additional Details
a saline ...

squig
Can vitamin d be absorbed through window glass?

Fir3ry_f3mal3
Rating
yeah i suppose so.

dimondld1
Rating
Yes! Sunlight stimulates our bodies to produce vitamin D and Yes, you can get it through window glass. My son was born jaundiced, and was in need of natural vitamin D from the sun. The pediatrician suggested, since it was winter and I couldn't always take him outside, to put him in front of a window so he could catch some sun! It worked!

helplessromatic2000
Rating
Vitamin D isnt absorbed at all. As sunlight hits your skin (which it does through glass) your body makes vitamin D.

peaceful_shmn
Rating
To add ontop of what others have said: VITAMIN D is not a vitamin at all. Vitamins must bo obtained from sources outside of the body or from bacteria inside the body. Vitamin D is actually a Hormone. I call it Hormone D. : P

You don't HAVE to have direct sunlight exposure, says science, so you can create the D hormone through exposure like that which comes through a clear glass.

...however, it's a low amount your body creates when you receive a low amount of sunlight. Direct contact with sunlight is MUCH more effective. Go outside and you'll never have a problem.

David S
Rating
The body absorbs UV rays and uses them in a process to manufacture Vitamin D.

Because glass tends to block UV, you will not stimulate Vitamin D production standing behind glass.

Also, if you have dark skin, you will convert less sunlight into Vitamin D. Interestingly enough dark skin also protects Folic Acid in the blood stream so there's a clear survivability advantage if you're out in the open because lack of Folic Acid leads to severe birth defects.

SuperAtheist
As others have said - probably not. You need UVB radiation, which glass will block.

But if you're worried about not getting enough, why not just eat some: use D-fortified milk or something similar. You don't *have* to make your own.

And don't overdose - some vitamins can be deadly if you have too much

CD

mr.answerman
Rating
The answer is yes, regular clean window glass does not filter out uv light. This why household furnishings will fade over time with regular glass. Now the trend is toward low E glass. This glass has a layer of sputtered metal and this effectively filters out UV light so this glass will not work for creating vit. D.

aspirit
There is no vitamin D in the air. It's the reaction of your body to the energy of the sun. Glass won't stop the process unless it is filtered.

SKG R
Go out in Sun pl.

rebel
Rating
yes

GoldieMeg
Rating
Vitamin D is produced inside your own body by the effect of the UV in the sun's light shining on your skin.

Strangely enough you cannot produce Vitamin D from light shone onto your skin through a window. The UV light that you need does not pass through the glass.

Dorothy and Toto
Rating
The sun doesn't emit vitamin D. Our bodies manufacture it, and sunlight stimulates our bodies to make it.

Light through glass sometimes filters out the ultraviolet, which is what triggers the production of vitamin D.

Alison P
No. you have to be fully exposed to the sun. The amount of vitamin d that is soking up is so little that you might as well get the organic supplement. Hope this helps.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, August 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy