Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Alternative Medicine
Health Discussion Forum

Hi does anyone know what is the best health food supplement for reducing alcohol cravings,?
heard gillian mckieth talking about it cant remember ...

What can i do for the problem of constpation and gas?
any home remedy or treatment plz ...

Bad highs on weed, how will my body react to ecstasy?
i always got really bad highs when i smoked weed. i want to try ecstasy this weekend, but i don't know if that will also give me a bad trip. are bad experiences more common with weed than with ...

Can you use ibuprofen for stomach aches?
it says on the back of the box you cant use them for stomach ulsers or other stomach disorders. Does having a stomach ache count as a stomach disorder?

Do you think it will help me if i ...

What can I do to relieve pain in my calves and what could be causing it?

Can anyone suggest a homeopathic treatment for low-grade depression?
I think we all suffer small bouts of depression this time of year, but mine's been more tenatious and has lasted longer than I would expect it to. I really don't like the idea of ...

How to stop diarreha?

Has anyone done any medical trials,The money is amazing why wouldnt anyone do it?
thinking about ,its easy money!...

I keep feeling movement in my stomach area ?
i am not pregnant. but i think it is some kind of large parasite. i've ignored it but it keeps coming back abrubtly at times, weird shifting movements... is there some way to kill the parasites ...

How many enemas a week is too many?

Does cranberry juice REALLY cure a Urinary Tract Infection???

What is a good non prescription?
That you dont have to swallow as I cannot.
Additional Details
For Sleep Med....

Are there any health benefits of taking raw garlic?

Home remedies for a sore throat?

How to cure CONSTIPATION??
*embarrassed*...

Is there a natural way to lower blood pressure, without taking prescription drugs?
I have been diagnosed with high blood pressure. My doctor prescribed toprol xl 25mg and lisinopril 10mg. The side effects have been awful. She said I have to give my body time to get use to the ...

Home remedy for very hard stool?
Help! I just had the hardest most painful poo ever! I'm poor, it's late, are there any home remedies for this? something I may have here at home so I don't have to go get something?

What is the difference between an enema and colonic irrigation?

I have a sharp pain in my stomache do you know what it might be?
its like a big paper cut and its always there im not keeping any food down, its bottom left of my stomache, it tends to hurt less if i dont move. any idea what it might be?thanks.
Additional D...

How can I increase my height? I stopped growing taller in the 6th grade?
One summer I just grew. By 6th grade, I was 5'5"... the problem is that I STOPPED growing. I haven't grown an inch since 6th grade and I was 11? I am now 18 and I really want to be at ...

Weasel
Can a body bruise after it has died?
No, I'm not a macabre freak or anything, I was considering going to med school and I've been wondering about this for a while.
Does anyone know if a body can get bruised after it has died, either by someone hitting it, or falling or similar? Is there a specific time frame that matters?

charjen@btinternet.com
Rating
not an impact bruise but can get pressure bruises

anna
Rating
I don't think so as the blood is no longer circulating, and after rigor sets in, especially. A dr. or med student could tell you, or consult Grey's Anatomy.

Queen D
You can get something which is pressure bruises from the way the body has been laying which is called lividity.

mickjam
Rating
No, a living body is an organic, living thing. When there is an internal injury, the circulatory system will send more blood to an area to facilitate healing. When the heart has stopped beating, blood is going nowhere. It's coagulating and rotting inside the body. It will not bruise.
For the record, you are a macabre freak.

Olive Green Eyes
No, for a bruise to occour, there needs to be blood flow, which, of course, does not happen after death.

gun man
not extensively.

limgrn@sbcglobal.net
Rating
I have alwasy hurt that no it cannot cruise after death..

FIONA S
Rating
not a such, but if the body lies in the same position for a while the blood will pool at the lowest point which could look like a bruise.

hayzxx
Rating
i dont think it can because you need a blood circulation to bruise i think

warren26_2000
Rating
yes the body can bruise after death and no it does not have to be becouse someone has banged into it or at the worst becouse sme 1 has hit it. becouse the blood stops circulating around the body this alone can cause bruises in places where u wouldnt expect it to be bruised this is regis mortis apart of the setting of the body and this happens to most bodies that pass away if not to every 1. i hope this answers your ?

Frodette Baggins
I suspect that a body, generally speaking, could be bruised after it has died - but having said that, I think that forensically it would be detectable.
I think that the difference is that the bruising that you are talking about is that the blood would leak from the flesh and that would need a beating heart to force the blood in to the flesh. If the same thing happened without the heart beating, then the blood would only flow into the flesh. It isn't a huge difference - but there is a difference!

gazeygoo
Dead bodies don't bleed since the heart is no longer pumping the blood. This is true of bleeding from cutting into the body or from what we usually think of as bruising. The blood does "pool" into the lower area of the body after death and this morbid lividity as it is called can help to determine time of death by the degree of lividity that develops. I might add since you must be old enough to go to med school but have so little knowledge you are probably not a prime candidate.

Pollyanabanana
Gazeygoo is right, but not about the med school bit. No reason you should know about post-mortem bruising in order to be a good student!

enufwork
There is a phenomenon called "lividity" that causes purple spots in the low spots of a body... basically blood settles there.

There can be continued bleeding into tissue after death, and for a few minutes it could probably be triggered by post-mortem trauma.

Aloha

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, July 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy