Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

Allergic to antibiotics?
Thanks all of you so much for your help so far! I've quit taking the antibiotics and it's been 5 days. I'm on Benadryl but my face, arms, & back are still broken out and swollen. A...

Is this normal allergy symptoms?
I have a bad sinus headache, raw, sore throat, mild fever and achy chest! Is his allergies or an infection?
Additional Details
Sorry, I forgot to add all the sneezing and yellow phlem....

Asthma/Allergy medications causing Hyperactivty?
My son has asthma/allergies, and now his doctor is wanting to diagnose him with ADHD. I have been told that his medications for the asthma/allergies could be causing some hyperactivity and such..D...

Ongoing bad hives, swollen lip/eyes/face...?
sorry for posting loads of questions about this, but feel i get more help here than at the doctors!.....ive had a case of very bad hives for 7 weeks, im now on between 180mg - 260mg a day of ...

Help!!! My sinuses are killing me! Any new ideas?
So- I had sinustitis back in the US when i lived in New Orleans- now I live in Amsterdam, which the two are quite alot alike. I'm sneezing, my eyes are swelling and I can't breath through ...

Whats some allergies that you yahoo-ians have?
for me its dust... sooo lame

how about you?...

I need advice. how do i stop a runny nose.?
without blowing it or using any herbal stuff as im a t school and my nose IS POOING ME OFF...

Could I be developing an allergy to my cats?
I am a teenager suffering from severe allergies. I have always been allergic to pollen, especially in the spring to early summer. Since May, I have had constant allergies. I initially assumed that ...

Do you like chocolate? Well I...?
I HATE chocolate! No I'm not allergic to it, I just hate it! And when I go to parties (which is a lot) there is ALWAYS chocolate. We can never remember to take other food for me. What should I ...

How do you stop a bloody nose?

What do u do to make a swollen eye better (not as swollen)??

Why do i itch alot between my legs?

What is this allergy!??
In the mornings my eyes always water really bad, and i sneeze. Sometimes it happens during the day. I take hayfever tablets, some other tablets for allergies from the doctor, and i use eyedrops, but ...

Hay fever I have taken piriton and now feel so tired?
only seem to get it from tree pollen
any uk drug suggestion non drowsy
thank ...

How do you get rid of allergies? I have tried EVERYTHING!! The meds make me sleepy.. please read on....?
I've moved to NC last fall for grad school. I had no allergy problems until about 3 weeks ago when the weather started getting warmer. I have over the counter Claritin which I was using but it ...

Why do I always sneeze a lot in the morning, but never the rest of the day?

What could be causes of weak immune system in seemingly healthy 30ish adult?
I got the flu almost three years ago and have had upper respiratory infections, several cases of pneumonia a year and asthma type systems (no asthma per tests) since. I am on medication for ongoing ...

I don't know what's causing my hives!!!!!?
As the title says...I've had hives since December 2007 to this day and I don't know what causes it. What are some ways that I can:

-Find out what causes my hives.
-Get rid ...

I alwasy ahave a blocked nose?
Could it be cancer. Its allways 1 nostril which is blocked. When was is unblocked, the other one ...

Im Allergic To Dairy, Gluten & Yeast.?
HELP!
i only found out im Allergic to them & i dunno what i can and cant eat!!
Someone Help Mee Please?

2kool4u
Why would lettuce make you sick?
I gave up eating lettuce because I got sick so many times after it with bad stomach cramps. It took me a long time to identify the source of the problem. Could I be allergic to lettuce, or could there be something like traces o finsecticide or preservative that I'm highly sensitive to?

It's hard to avoid lettuce as they seem to give it to you with everything in restaurants. I always have to tell them not to when I'm ordering. Sometimes I get sick even eating something that has been in contact with lettuce.

I'm otherwise healthy and can tolerate almost any other food. Thanks!
Additional Details
As a follow-up to this I should say that I've often eaten lettuce in the past and had no bad effects from it. That makes me think it might be something added rather than the lettuce itself. (BTW I had a similar bad result from eating salad stuff called "rocket".)

marcela r
Rating
It could be that it wasn't washed properly, or washed at all.
-Yes, you could be alergic to it.
Many green vegetables an leafy legumes, have that effect on peoples stomachs. Just like beans.
Now that you know the source of your cramps, life should be much easier for you. Just say no to lettuce.
Good Luck!!!

KittyKat
Rating
Buy the organic lettuce. What you are eating most likely does have remnants of pesticides and other things that have grown into the leaves. The organic doesn't have any of that and may well be your solution. Worth a try :) I have a friend who can't eat lettuce unless it's organic so she won't get salads in the restaurants and removes it from her sandwiches ~ or just tell them you don't want it. When there is something I can't have, like pickles, I tell them not to put it on the plate and send it back if they do. I have reactions to vinegar if I get too much in my system so I order my food the way I know I can eat it and most places will comply.

sharvani
Becasue lettuce is very Evil, yes yes,. very evil indeed.

or

You are intolerant to "green" stuff, like you'd get the same effect eating grass. You arnt a cow, cows can break down the stuf in grass / lettuce, some ppl cant and they get sick.
Dogs and cats cant digest grass,so they eat it when they want to get sick and throw up.

Harmie
Rating
My first response to this question was that maybe you don't wash your lettuce well enough before eating it. Not too many people do this, as they should. You could be allergic to the pesticides/preservatives.

pennypincher
I read several years ago that they put something on the lettuce in the restaurants to help it stay fresh. I forgot what it is called. I also read that some salad bars had to put up a sign when they did that.

xapao
Rating
maybe the lettuce you ate is infested

httnmrtt
Rating
It is possible that you may be allergic to lettuce, but nobody on Yahoo! can make that diagnosis. See an allergist. I'm more inclined to believe that you had some lettuce that wasn't properly washed and you had a reaction to a pesticide or some other stuff that was on the lettuce itself. If you prepared the lettuce yourself it would be easier to track down than if the lettuce were served from a restaurant, fast food joint or buffet style. Getting sick from eating something that has been in contact with lettuce does not make any sense at all unless the contaminant is highly mobile and then you should see it crawling off the lettuce onto whatever else is next to the lettuce. I strongly suspect that you have conditioned yourself over time to dislike lettuce, probably because of a few bad reactions, and your reactions are largely psychosomatic. That can be treated also, if you really want to like lettuce.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, August 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy