Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

Is it true that every time you swallow a piece of gum, it takes 7 years to digest? Please help me!!?

Can You die from an allergic reaction to sulfites?

Is it possible to be allergic to water?
I've heard of this, but don't know if there's such an allergy that exists. Because water is in almost everything, people with this allergy wouldn't be able to live. Can people be ...

Do you think this summer has been harder on most ppl with asthma?

What are symptoms of a cat allergy?
i just pet my cat and a few minutes later my throught was sore and i'm having a bit of trouble breathing (nothing major) and this has happened before but i never connected the two together. Are ...

I have this bump near my ear and it hurts but i don't know what it is.?
Ok right near my left ear there is a small bump. I have no idea how i got it but it hurts if i press on it. If i squeeze it, it feels round. I had one on the back of my ear once, it eventually went ...

What are some home remedies for sinus congestion?

What is the best way to treat sinus problem without surgeries??
The best product that cure sinus effectively? I am allergic to sea food which cause me to sneeze and my face feel itchy.....

Does anyone know anything about LAYTEX ALERGIES???
Does anyone know anything about LAYTEX ALLERGIES?? i think i might have it cuz i need more info and i dunno what to do?...

Am i allergic to chocolate?
Hi, ages ago i read in a magazine about this girl when ever she ate chocolate her lips started to burn and she went to the doctors and they told her she was allergic to chocolate but the same sort of ...

Allergy remedies?
16 y/o girl. I have been suffering from SEVERE nasal allergies for about 3 years now, I have tried OTC and prescription meds, and nothing works for more then 2 weeks. Its like having a cold ALL YEAR. ...

Inside the nose?
I just had sinus problems. Now that i can breath, i feel this tickling sensation in my nose that will not go away. Everytime i breath inside the left nostrile i can feel that tingling sensation. What ...

Is anyone else here allergic to...............?
sodium laureth sulphate or sodium lauryl sulphate?
i am and ive just used a new shower gel to test it out. lets just say its not good. :-(
Additional Details
no actually, my whole ...

What kind of mattress/pillow cover to stop dust mites?
I've seen some that are vinyl (cheapest), polypropylene, and cotton (most expensive). But I've also read that cotton doesn't work 100% against dust mite feces (which is actually what ...

I've had this cold for 2 months, going to its 3. anyone help please?
okay so, i've had this cold of mine for about 2 months now, going into its 3 months. Is this anything serious? i have a blocked nose, and then at times like every 40 minutes or hour, i cough. ...

What could be the cause of continuous sinus infections?
I have literally had a sinus infection every month for going on a year...I take antibiotics and it clears up...and then it's back again in 3 weeks. Any ideas why? How about alternate medicines? A...

What is acute exacerbation of bronchial asthma?
my husband had admitted to the hospital due to breathing trouble and severe cold. The discharge summary specifies that my hubby had diagnosed by acute exacerbation of bronical ashtma. due to ...

Speading bug bites on my 2yr old?
My 2 yr old has numorous bites on her arms and legs... Her wrists are swollen and they are red with a white center. She is allergic to mosiqtos but these look nothing like that and she didnt have ...

What am i allergic to so badly?! And how can i treat it?!!?
I get this horrible allergic reaction from orange juice i guess and my family wont believe me at all! So my aunt goes out and buys this...orange juice slash soda thingy and its so weird, and it had ...

Could my daughter have an undiagnosed food allergy?
My daughter is 8 years old and has been struggling with allergies for a couple of years. Her pediatrician has not tested her specifically but claims that she is most likely allergic to pollen and ...

eaglezphan
Why do I turn red when I drink Alcohol? Could I be allergic?
Here is what happens - I drink alcohol and my face turns bright red and feels like it's on fire. Also my neck and chest get red blotches. The weird thing is, this does not happen all the time. Usually not when I am drinking just beer, but if I drink the hard stuff mostly. I am 36 now and I remember it starting when I was around 20. Then as I recall, it was not as bad for a few years, but in the last few years has come back worse than ever. To the point where if I am in a social environment, I have to leave because it is so noticeable and embarrassing. What could be causing this? Is it a serious problem as to where I should stop drinking, or just more of something I need to get used to without having to worry about? I have heard of something called "Asian flush" where a percentage of Asians lack a certain enzyme that breaks down alcohol, but I am a white boy from Jersey. Could this be my problem?
Additional Details
Also wanted to add - I am a scotch drinker and very rarely does it happen when I drink scotch, but always happens if I drink rum or vodka.

~lipgloss barbie doll~
you might be allergic to it

whateverbabe
Rating
alcohol is a natural body heater, that is why

johnouyoung
Rating
Try Pepcid AC at least 30 minutes before your first drink to remove redness.

Tara Maeve
Do you drink mixers with them? I get horribly flushed and have a feeling of tingling in my skin if I drink spirits with some brands of mixers, due to additives in them.

Rockford
I have the exact same thing. I can drink one or two beer, but if I drink wine or hard liquor, my skin gets red, flushed and I feel burning pain. Most people will tell you its Rosacea, but what it really is erythema(redness) from damaged skin. If you really want it too stop, avoid all exposure to heat. This includes heat from saunas, heat from suntanning, anything that makes your skin hot. Repeatedly exposing your skin to a heat source thins your skin(atrophy) and makes it more subseptable to temperature changes. Alcohol and spicy food make your skin hot. I would avoid the hard alcohol or all triggers in the summer. Avoid putting lotions with oil on your face, it will just make your skin hotter too. I stictly avoid the heat and sun for two years and my face doesn't flush nearly so often.

big d
Rating
it sounds like u r allergic to just the hard stuff if u dont break out when u drink beer then just stick to that

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy