Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

Is dandriff alive?

Allergic Reaction?
2 days ago I had some beer (only like a glass, so no it wasnt from being drunk :P) and like 2 hours later when i went home with public transport i started feelin bit dizzy and rly nauseous.

Can you sneeze if you have no nose?
just wondering.....

Are people who are allergic to nuts allergic to coconuts too?

Can you suddenly develop and an allergy to alcohol?
I have always been a drinker but all the sudden this year it seems I can't hold my liquor... not even a small glass!! Wine that use to taste good, taste bad. Beer makes my stomach hurt, even ...

What do you like better dogs or cats?

When I eat some fruits I start to sweat and my face gets warm... is this an allergic reaction?

Additional Details
Thank you for all your answers. There was one inperticular that I wanted to ask about. I have had times that out of no where I get the shakes (not neccessarily ...

What food makes you sleepy?

I have a rash on my belly, its caused by the metal on my belt and bluejens?
Ive tried everthing to make it go away. All the creams you can buy. It bugs the hell out of me and itchs like HE**. I know its an allergie of some sort. But i cant aford to go to the doctor. What can ...

What else can I send in my daughter's sack lunch for her day camp?
They've asked that we not send peanut butter sandwiches, since there's a child with peanut allergies? Why are these schools and camps doing all this? Why are they inconveniencing the many ...

20 months old kid allergic to Milk,Egg, Wheat and Soybean?
What is the best form of milk and other diet for a toddler who is allergic Scale 3 for Milk, Egg, Wheat and Soybean? The allergies were confirmed with Allergy RAST Blood Tests on a scale from 0 to 6.<...

How can I stop a son with a runny nose?
I have a son who is 11 years old. He has had a runny nose for about 5 years. I'm not one to run to the doctor, but what can I do? Some parts of the year its worse than others, but it runs all ...

Am I Having An Allergic Reaction??? Help PLEASE?
I recentley got my hair highlighted(monday) todays wednesday. A couple of years ago I developed anaphalaxis and had to carry around an EpiPen.. well.. I still take allergy medicine for my sinuses and ...

Why are my elbows dry & itchy?
They've been like that for the past week....

What's the best over the counter medicine for a stuffy nose?
I always get really bad allergies this time of year. What's the best thing for a really stuffy nose?

Thanks!!!...

Allergy problem?
Lately my allergies have been acting up. What are some medicines or tips to keep them from acting up? I take Claritin everyday, but lately it doesn't seem to be working. Any suggestions?...

What are some sources of calcium other than dairy or fortified soy milk?
My daughter is allergic to dairy and soy and I wanted to know how to make sure she doesn't become deficient in calcium, she is only 5 years old. Is there a supplement I can give her, she already ...

Home remedies for coughing?
Does any1 have home remedies 4 coughing?...

What is a good treat for an allergy sufferer? Chicken soup for colds...but what for allergies?

Anyone know how to throughly clean out the nasal passages?

Chi V
Why are some people allergic to shrimp?

country girl
Rating
Because they are allergic to the iodine. Iodine is in all seafood and salt.

jen
Same reason anyone is allergic to anything. Their bodies perceive it as an enemy and attack. I feel for anyone with this problem. Shrimp is my absolute favorite food.

tysavage2001
Rating
For the same reason some people are deathly allergic of Peanut Butter. Good Luck ! :)

iindiigo
The iodine is probaby the cause of shrimp allergies. Some people are also allergic to fresh-water fish.

pixles
Rating
Why are some people allergic to nuts?
Why are people allergic to anything?
I am allergic to Ibproben, and I dn't know anyone else that is.
It depends where you sensitivity lies. Some people aren't allergic to anything.

purplemc_ss
Because allergies to Crustaceans is very common among alot of people.

Richard
Shrimp are high in iodine. That's probably the allergen.

simasaoji
Its not necessarily the Shrimp. According to the individual one can experience food allergies, or hypersensitivity..an abnormal response to a food triggered by the immune system.

Food normally doesn't provoke a response from the human immune system. In food allergies, two parts of the immune response are involved:

1. The other part is a type of cell called a mast cell.-Mast cells occur in all body tissues but especially in areas that are typical sites of allergic reactions, including the nose, throat, lungs, skin, and gastrointestinal tract

People usually inherit the ability to form IgE against food.
= no reaction to allergies

Those more likely to develop food allergies come from families in which allergies such as hay fever, asthma, or eczema are common.

Basically,
A person must first be exposed to a specific food before IgE is formed. As this food is digested for the first time, tiny protein fragments prompt certain cells to produce specific IgE against that food. The IgE then attaches to the surface of mast cells. The next time the particular food is eaten, the protein interacts with the specific IgE on the mast cells and triggers the release of chemicals such as histamine that produce the symptoms of an allergic reaction.

If the mast cells release chemicals in the nose and throat, the allergic person may experience an itching tongue or mouth and may have trouble breathing or swallowing. If mast cells in the gastrointestinal tract are involved, the person may have diarrhea or abdominal pain. Skin mast cells can produce hives or intense itching

The food protein fragments responsible for an allergic reaction are not broken down by cooking or by stomach acids or enzymes that digest food. These proteins can cross the gastrointestinal lining, travel through the bloodstream and cause allergic reactions throughout the body

The timing and location of an allergic reaction to food is affected by digestion. For example, an allergic person may first experience a severe itching of the tongue or "tingling lips." Vomiting, cramps or diarrhea may follow. Later, as allergens enter the bloodstream and travel throughout the body, they can cause a drop in blood pressure, hives or eczema, or asthma when they reach the lungs. The onset of these symptoms may vary from a few minutes to an hour or two after the food is eaten.

Sooo..
Allergens are usually proteins, and there are generally several kinds of allergen in each food. It is not fully understood why some foods can cause allergies and others do not, but a theory is that it is probably that some proteins in foods mimic very closely proteins present in viruses and bacteria. So in some persons, ususally this is genetically predisposed, their immune system is not able to distinguish the food protein from the virus or bacteria one, and therefore it attacks.

All seafoods have high Iodine, but it not certain that an allergy to one or the other is related

The major allergens in fish are flesh proteins called parvalbumins which are very similar in all kinds of fish/seafood

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, November 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy