hi i have a cold i blow my nose once really hard and it comes back the snot and again its empty and it comes back i dont want a cold my nose is kinda red i blow so hard doesnt make a difference and ...
I wake with a runny nose everyday, sneezing, and a constant dribble (sorry but it is true) I am sick of feeling like a cocaine addict. I have no pets, I do not smoke, I do eat some crappy food ...
Why am i all the sudden allergic to my cats?
I've always been allergic to cats my throat gets itchy, i sneeze , and my eyes itch. My mom got 7 week old kittens in August and they didnt affect me at all except if they rubbed my neck then it would itch but other than that nothing. Now all of the sudden if they touch my face with their nose or rub against it with their face i have a huge welt wherever they touched me and it gets raised and really hot until eventually 15 minutes later or so it goes away. I never get welts even before with other cats that never happened. Anyone know whats all of the sudden happening? Additional Details Thanks for your awnsers. But they used to have fleas but not anymore and my brother is severely allergic to cats as well as dogs too and these cats didnt affect him at all either until recently.
It sounds like your allergy is intensifying and so you are getting a stronger reaction each time you come into contact with the cats. All I can suggest is having your mother find another home for the cats or visiting an allergist to see if you can take shots that will help you build up a tolerance to them.
There are so many types of fur in the cat family that you may be sensitive to this, that but not the other. You are apparently allergic in this case to the mother's spittle that she uses to clean them. She won't quit this for quite a while so keep your distance til then. Maybe you can figure out a way to play with them with gloves on. Hope you figure it out.... they are cutesies.
It could be that the allergy was just building up in your body, and more exposure to the cats makes your allergies get worse and worse. The first time I was ever stung by a bee I just got a little bump. The next time it was a bigger bump. It's gotten worse everytime I've been stung. Now when I'm stung, I swell up everywhere within 8 inches or so of wherever it gets me. A doctor told me it was building up in me. You should talk to a doctor if you have a chance. Also, think about taking a non prescription strength allergy medicine on a regular basis. Also, keep your mouth closed any time a cat comes around...I hate to think what might happen if a cat hair goes down your throat! Good luck!
Allergies can get worse with exposure.
It is possible they have fleas and you might be reacting to the dander.
If not you might be reacting to their dander. There are wipes you can buy that help to decrease the dander. The heat from your home might be drying their skin out and they are making more dander than usual. A little humidity can decrease that.
Make sure to wash the affected area asap that will help decrease the reaction.