Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

I cant breathe???Helpppp??
I can breathe fine when i forget about it but when its on my mind i feel i cant breathe the way i used to..and when i sit down i feel i can breathe better, and when i go to bed , i can lie on my ...

Question on allergy tests and drugs?
alright so i have an allergy test on december 24 and the last time i smoked weed was december 14. theyre going to take my blood and i dont know what theyre going to do with it. will it show that ive ...

Cough, itchy throat, runny nose, stuffy nose, plugged ears, pain behind ears, naseous, chills... just a cold??

My daughter has the hives but is allergic to benadryl what should i giver her?

Is it dangerous to smoke hash and drink alcohol at the same time..????????

How do u get rid of a sore throat?
I tried tea and i don't want to take medicines.
Additional Details
I need to get well soon....

Uncontrolable itching Need Help BAD?
lately ive been having uncontrolable itching iin the middle of the night...my mom says its probably allergy related or either im alergic to something and dont know it...HELP!!!
Additional D...

What r u alergic to?
i am not alergic to any animals, i dont suffer from hayfever, i am not alergic to dust etc

but the only thing i am alergic to is...very bizzare but ....kiwi

i cannot eat more ...

If I have severe allergy eyes, should I see eye doctor, allergist, or family doctor?

What do i do about a blocked ear?

Whats good for a cold blocked nose?

I feel like i have a cold, but suspect it's allergies ... how do I know?

My sinuses have been killling me lately does anyone know any?
thing that can help... ive been taking benadryl but all that does is put me to ...

What dog has the least affect on human allergies?

Allergies question...?
I have hayfever and i was wondering what i can do to stop the symptoms i get. dont tell me that i cant go outside because i have to go to school and work....

What should I not be eating or drinking to create less mucous for sinus infections?
Drinking plenty of fluids, water, juice etc, but body seems to produce non-stop phlegm and mucous. Currently on Zyrtec-D and an Antboitic (Omnicef)...

I am trying to find out what the di means in dihydrochloride?

Can food allergies kill?
Has anybody had any close calls?
Additional Details
I know that. I have food allergies to...

(big breath)

Peanuts
Soy
Eggs
Shellfish
Dairy
C...

Can someone me if they know of anyone who is allergic to air conditioning and if so what symptoms to look fo

Sinus infection=puffy cheeks?
Is it possible to have puffy cheeks if you have a really bad cold and are congested?...

night_flight35
Which is worse: a bee sting or a jellyfish?

hjeongm
Rating
jellyfish

JuVi
Rating
jellyfish duh

ambi_222
Rating
I got woken up one morning by a bee sting my neck, so i'll say the bee

Money Mike
In terms of pain, a jellyfish. I'm not sure if jellyfish stings can be fatal though, but I'm pretty sure that there are fatal bee stings.

Postmaster
Rating
Jelly fish stings can easily be fatal (Bluebottle) and saposedly really hurt, so in my opinion are worst.

Bee stings can also be fatal, but too my knowledge would require the person to be allergic or large quantities of stings would be required.

p_valdivez
Rating
jelly fish they burn for 2 weeks

­dimafromcan
Rating
bee

nimbiotics
a jellyfish, believe me, you will remember all your life, unless of course you are specifically allergic to a bee sting in which case u might be risking your life

uchaboo
Rating
Bee, it hurts like hell.

wiCked_cat
Rating
Honeybee stings
A honeybee that is away from the hive foraging for nectar or pollen will rarely sting, except when stepped on or roughly handled. Honeybees will actively seek out and sting when they perceive the hive to be threatened.Although it is widely believed that a worker honeybee can sting only once, this is a misconception: although the stinger is in fact barbed so that it lodges in the victim's skin, tearing loose from the bee's abdomen and leading to her death in minutes, this only happens if the victim is a mammal. The bee's stinger evolved primarily for inter-bee combat between members of different hives: a barbed stinger can penetrate the chitinous plates of another bee's exoskeleton and retract safely.The stinger's injection of apitoxin into the victim is accompanied by the release of alarm pheromones, a process which is only accelerated if the bee is fatally injured. Release of alarm pheromones near a hive or swarm may attract other bees to the location, where they will likewise exhibit defensive behaviors until there is no longer a threat (typically because the victim has either fled or been killed).(Alarm pheromones have been characterized as having a "dirty socks" smell, which is why amateur beekeepers will often bathe and change into clean clothes before working a hive.)The larger drone bees do not have stingers, since they are males and the stinger is a modified ovipositor. The queen bee has a smooth stinger and can, if need be, sting skin-bearing creatures multiple times, but the queen does not leave the hive under normal conditions. Her stinger is not for defense of the hive; she only uses it for dispatching rival queens, ideally before they can finish pupating. Queen breeders who handle multiple queens and have the queen odor on their hands are sometimes stung by a queen.

Jellyfish
When stung by a jellyfish, first aid may be in order. Though most jellyfish stings are not deadly, other stings, such as those perpetrated by the box jellyfish (Chironex fleckeri) — the most venomous marine creature and possibly the most venomous of any creature on earth — may be fatal. Serious stings may cause anaphylaxis and eventual paralyzation, and hence people stung by jellyfish must get out of the water to avoid drowning. In these serious cases, advanced professional care must be sought. This care may include administration of an antivenin and other supportive care such as required to treat the symptoms of anaphylactic shock.There are three goals of first aid for uncomplicated jellyfish stings: prevent injury to rescuers, inactivate the nematocysts, and remove any tentacles stuck on the patient. To prevent injury to rescuers, barrier clothing should be worn. This protection may include anything from panty hose to wet suits to full-body sting-proof suits. Inactivating the nematocysts, or stinging cells, prevents further injection of venom into the patient. Five percent acetic acid solution (white vinegar) is the preferred method, although meat tenderizer, or sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) will neutralize any nematocysts that have not yet discharged into the skin. Meat tenderizer should not be left on the skin for more than 15 minutes, and none of these substances should be used in the eyes. In the case of stings on or around the eyes, the solution may be placed on a towel and dabbed around the eyes, but not in them. Salt water may also be used in case any of these compounds are not readily available, but fresh water should never be used. Rinsing the sting site with fresh water, rubbing the wound, or using alcohol, spirits, ammonia, or urine will encourage the release of venom.
Once deactivated, the stinging cells must be removed. This can be accomplished by picking off tentacles left on the body. First aid providers should be careful to use gloves or another readily available barrier device to prevent personal injury, and to follow standard universal precautions. After large pieces of the jellyfish are removed, shaving cream may be applied to the area and a knife edge, safety razor, or credit card may be used to take away any remaining nematocysts.
Beyond initial first aid, antihistamines such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl) may be used to control skin irritation (pruritis).

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, September 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy