Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

How do you deal with a fragrance allergy?
The past winter I discovered whenever I'm around fragrances I get a severe headache, dizziness, mild trouble breathing and nausea. I'm in high-school, and although we have no-fragrance ...

Does anyone know why there is a lot of pulse and blood coming from my friends tummy?Its really gross to me?
SHe says she thinks its from the medicines her doctor may have prescribed her such as eye drops that starts with a see,hydocortisone,and or claritin or(LOTRADINE)...

I think I have an allergy to tomatos, whenever I eat tomatos I break out in hives.?
Will this go away suddenly, the same way it started, or can I get shots to help since I know what i'm allergic to....

Can milk cause nose bleeds in small children? My husband seems to think so.?
I am partially inclined to agree, but Soy and Rice milk are so expensive. Has anyone else had issue with milk and nosebleeds?...

How do you get allergies to stop?
I try a lot of different medicicines but they don't work. HELP Please!
Additional Details
Did i mess up writing these? I was in a hurry to get something....

How to get rid of sore throat? lozenges didn't work.. please give me some good advise?
I am a girl aged 14 and this terrible sore throat is really troubling me. It's ok for now because i am in my holidays. but school opens after 4 days..... so give me some quick advise....

I am deathly allergic to nut and every kind of nut?
Is food allericing can you get rid of them my mom says NOOOO!!!!!!!!!...

Do you go to hospital if you have eaten a food product your allergic too?
Say if your allergic to egg and you eat it do you have to go ot hospital if your been sick bad stumach pains and having trouble breathing?

Additional Details
I wasnt havin the ...

What are hives?
When I wear this one shirt I have I get an itchy rah on the back of my neck. I know, don't wear the shirt, but now I've notived a bump on the front of my neck after wearing the shirt that ...

My sons allergies are really bad, runny nose swollen eyes any home remedies?
His eyes swell and run, he also sneezes back to back....

I am lactose in tolerate, will soy milk make me congested?
I notice whenever I add milk to coffee and ceral or if I eat a cup of yogurt I get congested so I was wondering would soy milk have the same effect and if it does what is a good substitute for dairy ...

Does putting a penny on a wasp sting help? Why if yes?
What is reacting with what to cause the benefit?...

How one can cure swollen tonsils?

What is involved in an allergy test?
How do they perforn an allergy test?I am due to have one soon/As much info as possible please.No silly answers....

What is the most effective ways to quit smoking?

Anyone has kids with allergies/eczema who gets very itchy at night and barely sleeps?
My daughter has eczema and allergies and wakes up all the time, scratching... She is 4 and also gets the hives... It is very frustraiting....

I just had allergy testing done this morning (where they poke your back with different allergens) & my back is
real sore is that normal???...

Why does orange juice make my throat itchy?
I can eat oranges no problem. I have no idea why, but whenever I drink orange juice, my ears and throat get itchy. Do they put anything in it that could cause this? ...

Is the alcohol in beer and wine the same as the alcohol that is used as a disinfectant and antiseptic?

I am suffering form asthma pls suggest me from following detail?
i am 20 male . i am asthma patient from last 16 years. i regularly take medicines. i go to so many doctors and i take many treatments. but there is no good result. many doctors called this is a ...

beautyIZmiiNAME
Which is better for allergies benadryl or claritin?

~jules~
Depends on the kind of allergies...I use claritin for sinus problems, and I've used Benedryl in the past for skin or medince allergies. Benedryl makes you really sleepy though.

supahtforyou
its what works better for you, not what we say.
claritin knock off store brand works better for me

Darlene G
Rating
I would say Claritin. Benadryl can really dry you out and also make you very drowsy. I take the 24 hour (non-drowsy) Claritin and it works very well.

kwaynedglvr
Rating
my nephew uses allerga for allergies but i like benadryl.claritin does'nt work for me.it depends on your body.but i would say benadryl
kathy

ExecutiveGirl
Rating
Ohhh, that all depends on how fast you want relief. I use over the counter Claritin daily and that helps supress allergy attacks, but if it is an attack and really bad, take the benedryl. I like the capsules with the red/white coat and the powder medication inside as opposed to the hard capsules. They seem to work better and faster. Anyway, good luck w/ that!

martinpeters
Rating
I prefer Allegra. It's precription and it actually works for me.

BassMasta
Rating
Neither. Claritin gave me 5 hour nosebleeds every month. Search Ningxia Red and find where you can buy it on the web. It's alittle expensive and bitter but it's worth it.

Dee H
benadryl puts you to sleep without helping the situation. Claritin as you can see is not that helpful either. One way you can tell is they sell it over the counter now.

ontopofoldsmokie
I would say neither. I would go with a nasal steroid. It relieves almost all the symptoms of allergies with fewer side effects. Benadry can knock you out and dry you out. I find a lot of treatment failure with Claritin.

I use, and recommend Flonase-a nasal inhaler. Two sprays in each nostril once daily does the trick. It may take a few days to completely suppress symptoms. So, you could take some Chlortrimeton if you needed something to hold you over. It's an antihistamine that works about as well as Benadryl but, it's usually not as sedating. If you are older, or really susceptible to drowsiness from antihistamine, then take the Claritin instead. The Flonase should start to kick in the first day-but like I said, it may take a few days to get the full effect.

I start taking the Flonase in early Spring. I stop taking it in late Fall. Thus, I only take it when stuff is growing. I use to take antihistamines all the time. And, I also use to walk around in a daze, disconnected world. I haven't taken an antihistamine since starting the nasal steroid. I still walk around dazed and disconnected, but that's a different issue ;)

Don't worry about the side effects of steroids. By inhaling such a small amount, you really don't absorb enough to cause problems-except stay away from nasal steroids containing dexamethasone. And, it doesn't have to be Flonase-that just what I've used for years.

john e russo md
In my professional opinion diphenhydramine (Benadryl) should have been removed from the marked years ago. It is not more effective than other antihistamines although it does have the highest incidence of side effects. Loratadine (Claritin) is better. The dose is suggested to be 10 mg daily but many and perhaps most adults will require 20 mg daily. The 10 mg dose came about when the company initailly present loratadine to the Food and Drug Administration for approval as a prescription drug. The FDA said the dose was 20 mg while the company said it was 10 mg. The company did not object to the 20 mg dose so much as at that dose they would not be allowed to advertise that it was 'nonsedating'. After 77 months of arguing which is an FDA record for length of time to approval the FDA gave in and said that 10 mg was OK. Ironically sedation is not uncommon even at that dose.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy