Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

Allergies...what are you allergic to?

I inhaled a popcorn kernels skin and feel it in my throat...WHAT SHOULD I DO?
It is NOT in my esophagus...thank ...

I have PINK EYE!! What can i do about work?
I have to work tomorrow and i've had pink eye for 2 days already, my eyes are better but still watery and burning (i am on prescribed medication). How can i get them 100% by 4 o'clock ...

Does my bed have mites? And how do i get rid of them? im an extremely hygenic person but they wont go away...?
I hoovered the actual bed, all round it, sprayed flea and tick spray and no change, so might be something else, i have no idea. I havent been bitten or anything but it feels flea ridden, its ...

What are some signs of allergies to cows milk?

I am allergic to shrimp, does this mean i will automatically be allergic to sushi?

Are allergies genetic?

Additional Details
Im allergic to some fruit and i tell me dad that, but he thinks im lying and says that i copied my brother(who also said the same thing. No the pain is not a lie, ...

How to get rid of swollen eyes after crying too much?

Anyone recommend a fabric softener for someone with allergies?
My daughter is allergic to every fabric softener I have tried. All the major brands, the supermarket own brands, even the environmentally friendly ones and ones for sensitive skin make her itch and ...

Can allergies cause a swollen throat and no other symptoms?
A friend gave me some herbal teas with herbs in them I never heard of before (in case you read my previous questions, yes I do have friends who give me strange things to drink!) Anyway I would like ...

How come i've got itchy ears all the time?
hello, ive been to the doctor but he says my ears are absolutly fine (went to 2 different doctors)
they gave me a little liquid to put inside my ears when it's itching but it doesn't ...

Eye allergies making me crazy! Suggestions?
The last few weeks, my eyes have been puffy, itchy, tender and red. They look HORRIBLE. I took Benedryl every night for a week and they finally stabilized. I washed my face one night with an ...

This Mornig I woke up with my eye swollen shut .?
When I awoke this morning my eye was red and swollen. I went back to sleep and when i woke up my eye was back to normal execept of some crust..Do i have pink eye?...

What is the best medicine or cure for my wife's allergy?
my wife is 30.it's about 3 years that she is suffering from sth like allergy specially in summer.she sneese alot and throat and ear itching.sometimes it makes her very weak.physicians give her a ...

I am suffering from constant sneezing and running nose. Doc says to operate the nasal septum as it is deviated
Is it possible to get rid of it without undergoing ...

I'm sick what do i do?
i'm sick right now is there anyone that can tell how to unstuff my nose and stop my itchie throat if my mo doesn't think that i'm really sick but i've been throwing up everyday ...

Pls help me?
can allergy to kiwi, cause symptoms such as red swollen bumps in the feet that are itchy? I have not allergic symptoms in my mouth. my feet have bumps on them all over my feet in patches. pls help ...

My eyes swell slightly and get ichy when I eat food, what could be causing this?

I've been diagnosed w/ cronic sinusitus... any advice?
I'll be taking Clariton every morning, and Benedryl every night
Additional Details
I am alergic to dust mites - I have no carpet in my house. I'm also alergic to pine - I live ...

Alcohol allergy?
i have seasonal and chronic allergies...currently I take allergy drops (which are similar to having a shot of histimine every week) I've recently noticed that when i drink i get really stuffed ...

WONDERG!RL
Whats the best way to clear up the snot in my nose?
It is stuffy on one side and im tired of breathing out of mymouth because i am congested.

FriedBones
Use your finger it works good.

Heisenberg
try blowing your nose. what you'll want to look into is a humidifier and a nasal irrigant such as a salene spray.

GOO
Get all the snot in your mouth and then spit it out in the sink. Take decongestant too.

Sam
Blow your nose to get the snot out.

To unstuff a stuffed-up nose, jump up and down in place for about a minute... guaranteed to clear up.

Let's Dance
Melons.

Pipe cleaners?

Reverend!

Squishy
In my experience, swimming in the gym indoor pool is the best way to clear my sinuses. The increased circulation combined with the water in the nose and mouth, loosens it up.

Laurie C
take a glass of warm water and mix in 1/4 teaspoon of salt then drop a few drops in each nostril and it may taste gross cause it will drip down the back of your throat but it works.

John S.
You can make up a simple saline solution at home with water, salt, and baking soda, and dispense it from a nasal spray bottle. You can also buy simple saline nasal spray from the drug store. Nasal sprays like Nafrin with decongestants do provide extra relief but one has to be careful of "rebound" with these where your nasal passages are clear for a while but then later constrict back to where they were congested before (or worse), and in the mean time, your body is getting a little addicted to that decongestant just to breath. Great pharmaceutical ploy to keep you buying that product!

I come from a family of pharmacists although I am not one myself. We just returned from the pulmonologist / lung doctor due to a cold which becomes life threatening when you have COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder) and the cold can descend into phneumonia, triggering a shut down of the lung function. The pulmonologist advised of a simple saline solution sprayed into the nasal passages four times a day to keep them clear and warned about the rebound effect with prescription nasal sprays, although such do not pose serious side effects...just inconvenient and frustrating ones at times.

Hope this helps!

cathee90
Rating
take sudafed

Kate
It sounds really weird but if you're in bed for awhile - take a tissue and stick it up the stuffed up nose hole - then leave it there - i donno why it works but it works for me. But you obviously can't go out like that - Otherwise get some burts beeswax chapstick and put some under your nose - or you can even get vix and the mint smell will clear your nose.

Lee S
Rating
You can try taking an expectorant. It will help dry out the excess mucus without any extra medicine that you may not need. I am just getting over the flu and this was most helpful for me.

http://www.answers.com/expectorant?cat=health&gwp=13

Jessie♥
dimatape or sudafed

Marianne N
get some afrin. blow your nose really well and then squirt in the afrin and tilt your head back for the count of 10 it works amazingly well for several hours. don't do this more that 3 days before seeing a doctor if you are getting worse

getsevera
Rating
I have allergies and suffered many years until I found out about nasal cleansing...basically in the shower use a neti pot with warm saline solution (salt water) to rinse out your nose - sounds gross but do it everytime you take a shower and you will see your congestion reduced a lot...BTW, you don't need a neti pot, you can use a plastic cup, a large eyedropper and some table salt...cheap and effective.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy