Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

Finding "Local Honey"?
I'm having no luck with my searching. I'm from Independence MO and I'm looking for honey made locally to help with my ragweed allergies. Any ideas?...

I cant breathe very well through my nose feels like it is closing up.?
I went to the Dr. for bad sinus pressure in the top of my nose. Dr. said it was either sinus or allergies. He gave me meds and I have been taking them but they dont seem to be working. It now feels ...

Any of you ever had an allergy test done?
whats it like? what do they do? does it hurt?...

Whats the cure for maxillary sinus?
I have maxilary sinus on the left side of nose...whenever I go out for some shopping or other stuff, my left eye, upper jaw and left sideof temple pains a lot.....that pain resembles a needle pinch......

Can I take Zyrtec and Benadryl together?
My allergies have been very bad for about 4 weeks. I am currently on Zyrtec 20mg a day. I need some form of antihistamine in the afternoon. Is it safe to take Benadryl?...

I have rash im my scalp and my hair falls what can i do??

What can I do for a stuffed up nose that doesn't respond to medication?
For over a year my nose intermittently completely stops up and remains so and then for no reason unstops for a while before stopping up again whether I take meds or not. I have tried otc meds and a ...

Trouble clearing throat of phlegm?
Hello,
I think I may have caught the flu and am having trouble clearing my throat of phlegm either through coughing or blowing my nose.
I've tried Tylenol Cold Severe and Robitussin D...

Anyones hayfever coming back as weather gets warmer again?

Additional Details
thought so. wasp flying everywhere again etc. just knew it! i knw it wernt a cold. it was soooo sudden. i ***** believe it....

Can't breath properly because my throat is tight. When I can cough up phlegm it is chunks of thick yellow. Why
I have had this before. When I try to cough it hurts and makes a hoo hoo noise. It feels like the phlegm is to thick to break up and come out and when small chunks of it do they are yellow and taste ...

Reaction to Solpodol?
Hi, This morning I was in lots of pain (I have a slipped disc) and had run out of Tramadol, so took 2 Solpodol tablets with my anti-inflammatory pill. Ive neevr taken Solpodol before, but have ...

Can people become addicted to cough syrup?

I have allergic rhinitis now I start having urticaria what should I do for allergy?

What is stoned?

I just found out that I am allergic to cats and dogs, the doctor prescribed me Singulair?
He said that this is the best allergy medication for cat and dog allergy, but it doesn't seem to be working very well for me. Any other suggestions on brand of allergy medicine for this allergy?...

I can drink regular liquor when i go out but i get a bad reaction from red wine?
I have a question that I could never figure out. Im male, age 32, healthy. Im the average social drinker. I generally drink hard mixed drinks when i go out ( rum and coke, or whatever) with no ...

What is gluten that is in chicken and/or ham?

Itchy feet!!?
does any one know the best cream or powder for itcy feet my man has itchy feet and i don't want our feet to get infected. any recommondation??
i don't get it he showers or should i ...

Help can anyone give me an answer about food allergies?
Ok, at my house theres a pecan pie in the refrigerator just calling my name! I WANT TO EAT IT SOOO BAD. The only thing that seems to stop me is that im allergic to peanuts. BUT im NOT allergic to ...

Why does the top of my mouth get itchy around cats?
whenevr im around cats or if im cleaning a really dusty room, the top of my mouth gets really really itchy. could this mean im allergic, and if so, why would my mouth be itchy?...

KayLa H
What does swollen glands mean if it comes with a stuffy nose and sore throat?

slushba132
I would say some advanced viral infection and are you achy???
If your achy around your kidneys it might be mumps or mono

Chris K
Rating
"Swollen glands" are your lymph nodes, essentially the immune system of your body. When fighting an infection, e.g. a cold, the lymph nodes kill the bacteria and the waste is sent to the lymph nodes, which is why they are swollen. You seem to have URI, an upper respiratory infection, or a "cold." If it continues for an abnormal amount of time (more than 2 weeks), see your doctor.

?
Rating
Possible strep throat, get a swab on your throat from your Dr. untreated strep can cause damage to your heart as time goes by.

DogOwner
Rating
It means you're body is fighting off whatever virus is causing the cold/sore throat. Usually the ones under my chin swell when I get sick. Take some tylenol if they hurt too much.

parrishkyle07
Umm Dat Meanz U R Sick && U Need 2 Go 2 Da Doctor!!

grahammcp
Rating
Swollen glands or nodes generally mean that you have a virus or a severe bacterial process (bacterial infection). This may resolve on its own--if you are able to get some good rest in. Very often this is what happens: 1st a person gets worn down. When this happens, our defenses are down because our immune system is not as strong as it should be. Our bodies naturally contain many different types of micro organisms (such as bacteria). When our defenses are down, these microbes are actually able to infect us! These are called opportunistic bacteria. This usually starts with a stuffy/runny nose, which can lead to a post nasal drip (snot runs down the back of your throat from your sinuses), or the infection can spread to your larynx (throat)--either of these can cause a sore throat. There will often be a cough that follows the sore throat. All the while, your body is trying hard to get rid of the microbes....thus the swollen glands. If you look in the mirror and see some whitish plaques in your throat, then this infection may be strep (an opportunistic invader!).

Another user suggested a URI (upper respiratory infection), but I doubt this to be the case...it could turn into one though, so get some rest! Good Luck!

Dr. M

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, August 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy