Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :
   Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

 I have a cold, how would you unblocked you nose naturally?
I tried breathing in fresh air, Vicks doesn't work. anyone got any ideas Helppp!!!!...

 Goats Milk V Cows milk?
Which is better and why? I seem to be allergic to cows milk. I dont think Goats Milk has Lactose in it, I think I am Lactose intolerant but I also get Eczma which I believe is related to milk. Does ...

 How many of you know or heard of someone who has a allergic reaction to the sun?
How many of you know or heard of someone who has a allergic reaction to the sun? If you have to what extent was it?
Additional Details
I'm asking this because I get headaches when I&...

 Why do i get watery eyes for no reason?

 Am I allergic maybe?
Well today Someone gave me some cinnamon gum, which I hadn't had in a while due to me not being able to eat and talk good because my toungue was swollen and sore after chewing it, anyway, my ...

 When you sneeze how many times do you go in a row? And why do you do that?
I am just curious....

 I was stung by a bee earlier today any home redemies I can use until i am able to get professional help?
Thanks and yes I know i can go to the emergency room, but that's kinda out of the question right now. So i would really appreciate any home remedies any one can offer.
Additional Details

 How can you tell if you're allergic to a certain food?

Additional Details
Every time I eat onions (of all things) I get horrible stomach aches, acid reflux, nausea, and vomitting. My parents thought it was just an onion thing but not ...

 My wife's eye is very red and bloodshot. Any idea what might have caused it?

 Wat r u allergic to?
im have allergies to ...

 Why does my wife wheeze after drinking wine?

 What is going on with my stomach?
my stomach has been hurting alot lately, and its not just like a stomach ache, its really bad, and i tried eliminating milk, in case im lactose intollerant, and tomatoe products, cause i eat them a ...

 I have a rash all over my....?
little soldier. I have taken to using hand cream as a lubricant.
well now it really stings when i pee. it is very red.

does anyone know of a cure as the pain is travelling down the ...

 If you have a cat allergy can you become immune, overtime, to your own cat?
Our family would like a cat but I'm allergic. I never used to be as a kid and have had many cats while growing up....

 My new husband is very allergic to my cats.. Is there a shot or daily medication to help me keep the cats? 3?

 What is the point of snot/boogers and where do they come from?
What's the point of them and why are they there?...

 What kind of allergy medicine to get?
What medicine should i get for my allergies? I have itchy nose, runny nose , stuffy nose, itchy eyes, and eyes swells a bit? also I don't know the cause for it. It usually worsens when I'm ...

 Is taking antihistamine everyday bad for you in the long term?
My son already has hayfever aged 18 months and I have been given an antihistamine to give him. I worried about hi taking this potentially for years and whether this could have any negative effect ...

 Is it possible to get a malteaser up your nose?

 What do i have if my nose is running and sneezing and couching?

There is an insect bite on my hand and it swelled up my whole fist. what should i use to reduce the swelling?

hawaii gurl 06
I got stung by a bee yesterday on my toe and now there is nine inches of swelling...all the way past my ankle etc.

I would suggest taking benadryl, and icing it. Two things I didn't do but that I wish I did.

Obviously, if it doesn't improve then you should see a medical professional.

go to the doctor or put a hot wet cloth on your hand!

first you have a bad reaction. I would take a BENADRYL tablet to counter act the poison. then to reduce the swelling I would say ice it. if the benadryl doesnt work then you need to see a doctor.

i would use benadryl tabelts and it wouldnt hurt to get the benadryl lotion or calamine lotion and also make sure you clean the bite good and use peroxide on it to help keep infection away and after it starts to go down maybe use a antibiotic cream if it starts pussing up or becomes feverish go to the med center or your doctor a.s.a.p. good luck!

ice and take some benadryl
if this does not work then please seek medical help

If you see red streaks up your arm, go to a doctor immediately.

you might be allergic to that bug and need medical help


robert p
See a doctor.

Ice should take down the swelling. You could also try a Benedryl or Anti-histimine allergy pill since you are having an allergic reaction to the bite.

You dont need to run to the e.r or doctor right away. All bug bites are different sometimes where I get bit it swells up too and gets hot and red.. My doctor gave me zyrtec which basicilly is Benadryl so get some of that first and take it also try soaking it in warm water with epsom salt it draws out the poison if there is any and brings down the swelling..

Use rubbing alcohol and also take some antihistamine. The swelling is a sign that you have an allergic reaction. If the swelling persist however i would suggest you go to your doctor, if more serious don’t hesitate to go to the emergency room in the nearest hospital.

Better safe than sorry.
It would be good to know what bug bit you, just to be on the safe side and future occurrences.

Go to a hospital before your hand turns green and falls off

You definitely got an allergic reaction.... Do you know what bit you? I live in the desert (Lake Havasu, Arizona) and we have some horrible bug's out here. I keep benedryl with me at all times in case of bite's,.it's an antihistamine and counter acts the poison from a bite, and can give you enough time to go to a doctor if needed. Take some and the swelling should go down. We even give it to our dog's when they get bit . Go to a doctor if the swelling doesn't go down or if you get red streaks up your arm. Good luck.... Let us know!

Debbie L.
you are allergic to what ever bit you. My grandson was bit by a spider and his whole arm swelled up. If you have scratched it alot it could be that you have caused it to inflame. You should see a doctor.

Yesterday I got stung by a wasper on the thumb. Today there is no redness,swelling,pain or itching.Here is what I did and may work for your bug bite too.
I went straight to the kitchen sink, tore off a paper towel and wet it and let it lay on the counter. I got some tobacco(about 2 TBS) put that on the paper towel and wet that too. I kinda made a wad out of the tobacco, so it would be good and moist as well. Then I tore off enough of the wet paper towel and tobacco and wrapped it around my thumb and sat down and stayed still for an hour. I then took it off and threw it away.

The tobacco will draw out the poison. It does better if you use it right away though. I hope you're not allergic to tobacco.

Try ice first, but watch the area. Spider bites commonly cause that kind of swelling and it can kill off that tissue. Go to a doc if it gets any worse. You'll be sorry if you don't.

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Terms of use - Privacy Policy