Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

Am I allergic to Old Spice HIGH ENDURANCE deodorant?
I have never had an allergic reaction to certain foods or whatsoever, but after I have used Old Spice HIGH ENDURANCE deodorant, I have gotten some bit painful red rashes in my arm pits. My mom put ...

Could I have a sinus infection? Please answer!?
For the past week I have had terrible headaches in the back of my head and in the front and pain in my face, and I feel like this pressure in my ears. I hvae also been lightheaded and dizzy. I don...

Mold In Apartments what should we do?
Ok my mom lives in an apartment. And for the past few month she has been getting sick! She found mold in her bed room closet. She wants to move but not sure if they will let her break the agreement. B...

Has anyone had success with the Gluten/Casein Free Diet for Autism?
My son is autistic. I've heard about the Gluten/Casein Free diet being a help. I find it so difficult to try new foods with him because he is so picky. I was wondering if any of you are ...

Milk allergy and toddler doesn't like soy milk?
We are exploring the possibility of our daughter being allergic to milk. But she will not drink the soy milk. We bought her a really tasty kind plus another kind and she won't drink either. W...

Can allergies suddenly happen overnite?
I have noticed lately that everytime I eat spagetti sauce I get a bad rash on my body. Why is this? I never had a reaction to suace when i was younger. Can a person be fine with some foods before, ...

I am having an allergic reaction to something I can't figure out?
Little tiny bumps like zits, or heat bumps all over my face, chest and back. It looks like every little pore is swollen. My skin looks rough and splochy. So it is really gross. Has anyone every ...

How to get rid of hives?
I have been having an allergic reation to something for the past month and can't figure out what it is. I was taking benadryl which helped but made me really drowsy. A doctor gave me a ...

Allergic Reaction to Anti-Biotics?
started taking anti-biotics two days ago because I supposedly have a UTI even though my urine has tested clean twice... I'm guessing it was my doctors idea to get rid of me.

I was ...

Am I allergic to this food?
Everytime I eat white rice with soy sauce my throat like closes up and gets all tight. I don't think this happens when I eat white rice with out soy sauce. Am I allergic to it?...

Im home sick, allergies and im soo bored!!!?
All my friends are at school, and well, im not lol. And obviously i cant go anywhere because i cant drive yet. but what are some things to keep me from being bored???...

How do I unplug my nose?
I should let you know that I have very bad allergies. Anyways, I have just grown use to breathing through my mouth because my nose is plugged 24/7. I have tried allergies pills and all types of nasal ...

My kitten keeps sneezing and seems to be congested will this clear up on it's own?
i just got my kitten four days ago and haven't found a vet yet. he also seems to be sleeping an awful lot is this normal? i'm so scared i love my kitten, is he like my baby. is this just a ...

I had a nose bleed today and I started to cough out blood, what happened?
This has never happened to me before from all my past nose bleeds, I don't usually get nose bleeds often--only when allergy season comes around and I just got back from 13 degrees weather and I&#...

Is there any cream for general skin disorders or itches ?

What type of medicines from a normal pharmacy can you take when you are allergic to cats?

What can help me get rid of my wheat allergy?
I've been trying to get rid of this allergy since I was 6, and jealous all my friends could eat pizza except for me. My choices of cuisine is very limited, and eating dinner everyday at my house ...

Are there any home remedies or medicines you know of to help get rid of egsama?
my mom grandma and i all have egsama and none of us know how to get "rid of it" i've been to the demeratoligist several times and they say you can't get rid of it but they have ...

Is it possible to have an allergic reaction to a dog bite?
I know I am allergic to dog dander, but I was recently nipped by a friend's dog. It broke the skin and there was minor bleeding. I cleaned the wound. It has been very slow to heal and has ...

My 3 week old has a runny nose and slight cough what can I do for him?
3 weeks old, slight cought, stuffy nose, sneezing,...

ashley f
My son wakes up with swollen eyes what could this come from?

Becky
Allergies. Do you have any animals? Is your pollen count high in your area? Maybe he could take a bath at night if he doesn't already. Try giving him some allergy meds before bedtime and see if that helps.

Queen of the Dust Mites
Rating
Since the symptoms occur in the morning upon rising, that is classic dust mite allergy response. The dust mite is a microscopic insect closely related to spiders that live in our environment and feed off of shed human skin cells. The bedroom has the highest concentration of dust mites, because our bedding is full of our shed skin. The mites have a protein called Der F1 in their body carapace and feces. When your son inhales these microscopic particles, his immune system mis-identifies this protein as an evil enemy invader (Allergy is caused by a defect in the immune system - it is chronic - it can not be cured but it can be controlled). Once the misidentification occurs, a human immunoglobulin called IgE is produced and this in turn gets the mast cells to start production of histamine. It is the histamine that causes many of the symptoms. So, to stop the histamine production you have to stop the exposure to the allergen. It really is a lot easier than it sounds. I am giving you a link to a site that tells you alllllll about dust mites, a link that tells you how to set up a dust free room, and a link to this awesome stuff that I use to wash the mite allergen out of my sheets. I have severe dust mite allergy, but by controlling my exposure as these links talk about, I live symptom free and almost never need medication.
Take the time to read and then take action. Your son will feel so much better for it....and so will you.

Chicken in Black
Rating
It could be a dust mite allergy. Dust mites thrive in pillows and bedding, so you could try getting him hypoallergenic pillows and pillow cases to try and cut down on the dust mites.

meritt
Depends on how swollen. I would say a good percentage of people wake with a puffy face and 'morning' eyes that go away after being in a vertical position for awhile. My other guess is of course, allergies. Could be he's allergic to something in his bedding. Stuffed animals, his pillow, etc. but only if his eyes are also itchy, he is sneezing, has nasal drip, etc.

If it's just a puffy face and eyes he could just be a person with 'morning face' (which is what we call it in our family... LOL).

*♥* Chamomile Tea *♥*
Allergies. If you have a dog, or a cat he could be allergic. I don't recommend getting rid of the pet if you do, what i recommend is having your son use Allergie medication. It works wonders. I have four cats and two dogs, and i am highly allergic. I use Zyrtec, and Nasonex, and you can't tell i have allergies..

Also, your son may be allergic to dust mites, or something else that can be in the "bedding". My allergist told me what it was but for he life of me right now i cannot remember it. I'm sorry i can't but if i can, i'll add it later on. Best of luck, but it sounds like allergies that can easliy be "fixed".

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.084
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy