Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

Hay fever, which is the best one on the market ?
taking clarintin but it has no effect
hay fever is getting worse almost feels like a chest infection is developing now

Can cows milk cause sinus problems?

Additional Details
l suffer with a lot of sinus pain. I'm allergic to cats (l've had to re home mine recently), pollen, dustmites. All be confimed by allergy test. l've ...

My friend accidently sprayed mace on herself?
how do we treat it?...

Why am I so sick in the mornings...gagging and wanting to vomit.???
BTW: I am a man! I do not have virus or sickness at least not since 3mo ago when I had a cough that lingered about 2mo. I am sick mostly for 3 hrs in morning gagging with mucus in nose and throat! S...

If you have peanut allergies are you allergic to walnuts too?

My daughter would like to eat seafood(crab, shrimp, crawfish), but, she can't. She's allergic to it.?
What can she take to help her be able to eat seafood...She's also pregnant!...

How can scratchin' make it worse?!?
why doctors tell us not to scrach when we have rash, or eczema, or it gets itchy, how does that make it worse, thought it makes us feel better?!...

When I go to bed I cant breathe through my nose and sometimes in the day.?
I dont know if its heyfever or a very odd cold,It doesnt really feel like either, a cold or heyfever, as I`am not sneezing, dont feel bogged down, and my nose isnt running. Someone told me some ...

Does anyone else have a food allergy?
I'm curious to see who else out there has this overlooked HORRIBLE problem....

What is the best hay fever solution?
I am suffering with hay fever like many of you out there. I want to know what is the best product on the market or if you have any "Grandma's recipes" that you swear by

T...

Pink eye???
Can you get pink eye more than once? How can you get it other than being qround someone who has it? In the morning, when you wake up, and its sealed shut, how long does it take until it opens or how ...

ALLERGIC REACTiON HELP???
I have been taking my allergy tablets then suddenly tonight I went outside for about 10 mins and when I came in my nose became unbearable itchy and I started scratching it. That side of my nose has ...

Why are my eyes itching?
i know it has something to do with allergies..and yea i have

allergies but my eyes have never itched before!

so what is going on?...

Lactose intolerant?
If someone is lactose intolerant what does it mean?...

Do you really get sick from wet hair in the winter?

How do i sleep when my nose is stuffed?
My nose is stuffed from allergies to Ragweed!

My mom says there is more ragweed in the air from Hurricane Ike(it brought it in).
Additional Details
Thanks Blondie! I am going ...

Can i get high off of cough syrup ?

Anybody take Singulair?
any bad side ...

I believe i am allergic to toilet paper what can i use instead?

When I exerices my ears get pluged up. What does that mean?

George T
Itchy ears and throat after eating fruit?
this is probably almost everytime that when i eat cleaned or peeled fruit, my ears and throat will start itching after 5 minutes. I don't understand why it's happening to me, but I never had such a problem before. What can i do?

nursekuba
Rating
Is it the same fruit? I would expect you developed an allergy to that particular fruit. If it's multiple kinds of fruit, that would be weird to develop an allergy to multiple kinds of fruit at the same time.

doc.brown777
do some test on your self see what fruits bother you.it sounds like a allergy problem.go for some tests and see.but ill be you you its not fruits.its the pesticides used in protecting the fruits.this happens to many people.

?
Rating
You are probably allergic. It's probably not to all fruit apples, pears and peaches and cherries are closely related. But not at all related to bananas, kiwis or oranges. Within each family you may be more or less allergic. For instance my husband is allergic to eggplant, but not allergic to potatoes if they are peeled and cooked and a small reaction if he eats a lot of tomatoes in a concentrated form like spaghetti sauce. These are all in the same family.
You need to go to a good allergist (ask around) and get checked. You may get more allergic to these things as time goes on -watch out and read labels on things like fruit juices, they almost always are a mix of apple and other fruits.
Good luck!

Schleppy
Rating
I used to have the same problem. I always assumed it was some kind of allergy. The worst offenders for me were apples and peaches. In addition to the ears and throat, my lips would itch and swell a bit. Oddly enough, eventually the allergy just went away.

I know this isn't much of an answer, but I thought it might help at least to know that someone else had the same problem !

hi
you are most likely allergic to the fruit.

aghh.
it happens to me too, but i've been told that it isn't an allergy. i don't know exactly what it is though.

left_sock_ missing
allergies can develop at any time at any age. I use to eat apples all the time now I do the same I am allergic. I decided not to try it again since it felt like my throat was going to swell shut and I really really like breathing

Kenyon P
Break to fruit down into a category. Tropical, Apple, Berry. Anything you eat that makes you itch up to 30 minutes after eating is a allergy. But it is not severe until you notice swelling. Try a histamine.

*Sunhoney*
allergies to any fruit exist. they can develop over time, so even if you didnt have it before you could now.... see an allergist, its the safest option if this happens often. maybe if you have the fruit cooked it wont react? you'll have to check everything - which fruits, what kind of reaction, etc.

~Josie~
You could be allergic to the fruit you're eating - see an allergist.

karma_k11
What you are experiencing is most likely oral allergy syndrome. It causes people to have itchy mouths after eating certain fruits. Usually if the fruit is cooked, it no longer causes an allergic reaction. It is often related to having other allergies to pollen. Here are some websites that have some info on oral allergy syndrome.

http://www.calgaryallergy.ca/articles/en...
http://www.allergyclinic.co.uk/oas.htm.....

Try eating the fruit cooked (like a baked apple) to see if it still causes a reaction. An allergist will be able to help you determine if you do have oral allergy syndrome. You could also try taking an antihistamine before you eat the food to see if it makes any difference. This is not a permanent solution though, because if you actually are allergic, those fruits should be avoided.

Good luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, December 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy