Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

Are these bites?
help, i was playing on the grass with my son in the sun and that evening my back was covered with itchy raised red lumps, at first i thought it was a heat rash and took a cool bath but three days ...

Whats the fastest way to get rid of a cold/cough?
I have a runny nose, caugh, my voice sounds funny, and yeah i hate it.

Im taking cough syrip, pills and whatnot. buut..

These things always last too friggin long...SOOoo. Is ...

Can a laundry detergent cause allergic reactions?

Allergy - 10 Points - Help Please!?
Okay, I have very small red dots all over my body. My back mostly, my cheeks, half my ears, at the back of my neck. It's not the very itchy kind, just like the hot kind. When I touch my cheek - ...

I think my son has a milk allergy? help?
my son touches milk and his skin turns bright red and sumtimes develops a white spot on the red spot. when he drinks straight milk he gets a softer stool. he currently is still nursing and eating ...

Are allergies contagious?

Is anyone on here that's lactose intolerant or mabe is that's also allergic to soy???
I think i am lactose intolerant, and i know im allergic to SOY wat should i do????...

Whats the worst thing to be allergic to???
ok so i want to know what u guys think is the worst thing there is to be allergic ...

*ASTELIN* Is this an allergic reaction? My Doctor is not aswering his cellphone?
i went to see my doctor yesterday because i had very severe pain in my ear.. and he told me that i had some congestion on my ear .. so he gave me a nasal spray called Astelin... and i used it last ...

I'm allergic to marijuana. I need a natural way to destress.?

Additional Details
I knew someone would have to state the obvious. Thanks ***** And to all advice thanks. My 4 year old is hyper active and has seizures so stress is gonna happen....

How do I know what I am allergic to?
Hi, I have developed an allergic rash and would really really like to know what I am allergic to. Could it be laundry soap? Because my hands turned red and swollen at night after I touched it, but I ...

Has anyone ever had a skin test done for allergies and if so do they hurt?

Help with alergys!!!!?
i'm allergic to: dust, cats, mold, cigarette smoke, MSG, dairy, and some food coloring.

What can i do to make my out door allergies and my cat allergy less horrible???
How can i ...

Has anyone ever heard of someone being allergic to themselves?
My doc said i give myself hives. He tested me for EVERYTHING including genetic reasons and Nothing!! So he said it has to be me Im allergic to myself??? does that make sense? Anyone heard this ...

Can you develop hayfever - if not what the have i got???
im 22 and overweight, i was always able to play football in the park or cut the grass but this summer is different

im always sneezing, my nose is always blocked andmy eyes are always ...

What is fluoride for?

Ring stuck! Help!?
Does anyone have any suggestions for getting a ring off? I'm having an allergy reaction to my new soap and my ring finger is swollen and it itches terribly under my ring, but I can't get ...

Why do Drs. & Nurses think all curtains are soundproof??

I just got my ears pierced....?
about 48 hours ago.
i got them pierced with titanium.
my mom and dad had a history of being allergic to a lot of metals, but my mom couldn't remember what she was definitely allergic ...

How can I find out if I'm allergic to cats?
I dont know any one that has one....

Tim_0000
If i am allergic to shrimp does that mean i will also be alleric to crawfish ?

Leanna's mom
Rating
Have you ever eaten any other shellfish other than shrimp? If you have and had not had a reaction then you know you are ok. If you have not or not sure if you have, check w/ your doctor, get a referral to an allergist. They can perform an allergy test on you and tell you right then if you are allergic to shellfish or any kind of fish at that matter. Don't take a chance by trying something to see if you are allergic.

The Educ8r Thanks and so-Long
Rating
probably the reason you're allergic to shrimp is because of the iodine. most crawfish are found in the swamp areas and not in the ocean or sea. So you probably could get "away" by eating crawfish.

♀♂

GoGoBear
Rating
Much more than likely.

You are much more than likely allergic to all shellfish

QWERTY
Rating
Usually if you're allergic to one shellfish you'll be allergic to others. Just play it safe and don't eat any or if you do, just a little to make sure you don't get sick.

Danger2Society
My dad is allergic to all shellfish.

My brother for it from him, but his reaction is x10 worse. He learned at through shrimp, and since Dad is allerguc to all shell fish, Brother won't touch anything else.

Moral of the story, you probably are.

Lil_Doll
Rating
Maybe, I have a friend who's allergic to both, but I don't know if she's allergic to one so it makes her allergic to the other or if they are totally unrelated.

♪Irma™♪
I agree with the first guy don't risk it can be harmful for you. Man shrimp is the best food out there sad for you. Want a cookie?

LB The Definition of Lovley
It's possible. It could be an overall shellfish allergy.

Queen of the Dust Mites
Not really. The thing that causes an allergic reaction is a protein in the fish and or shellfish and or mollusk. Just because you are allergic to shellfish does not mean that you will be allergic to mollusks or fish. But, because both shrimp and crawfish are both considered shellfish even though they are biologically unrelated, you might have a problem.
A good allergist or immunologist can mix up a serum for testing if you want to know for sure.

Bogie
prolly, don't risk it

nzbjmom
Usually you are allergic to the iodine in the shrimp that comes from the salt in the water. If the crawfish come from fresh water, you will probably be OK, but if you have a bad allergy, I wouldn't try it, just in case.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy