Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

Im wheat intolerant could i be yeast intolerant?
Am suffering with same symptoms that i get when ive eaten wheat eg bloatedness,indigestion,tummy ache etc,have only noticed this after drinking guinness
Additional Details

Can an 8 month old child be allergic to all fruits?
I have given him:

Stawberries
Peaches
Pinapples
Pears
Sweet Potatoes

What could it be???...

Help with nasal allergies?
I have had nasal allergies for years that are getting worse. It feels like there are little bugs crawling around in my nose. If i roll over in bed, bend over or touch my nose it is automatic ...

Why are childhood allergies, juvenile diabetes, and asthma so common today.?
"Back in the Day", (1950's & 60's), when I was in school, we would have been appalled if some kid had said they were allergic to peanut butter. One of my brothers had asthma, ...

What are the symptoms of this sickness I have?
since wednesday, may 23rd 2007, i have been featured with running/ stuffy nose, puffed up eyes, itchy && sore throat, bad head aches, and major sleepiness. does any one have a clue wat i ...

Beer Allergy?
Whenever I drink beer (any kind except corona) I get this extremely full feeling and have a hard time breathing since I feel so full - has anyone heard of this or experienced this? If so is there ...

What is an ideopathic allergy?

Does beer make you break down with hives?
I changed beers about 5 months ago to Natural light from Miller Lite and started breaking down with hives. Was it the change of beer or could it have been something else. I'm taking pills for ...

After my mum ate a handful of grapes her ears and tongue got itchy. This also happened before when she ate ?
kiwi fruit. Is she allergic?...

When someones nose is dirty...do you tell them?

Asthma .... can hers be that terrible?
my friend has asthma, and hasn't lately had an attack. often times when we go work out at the gym, she cant go on the treadmill...and usually she uses asthma as an excuse to get out of working ...

Mozerella cheese reaction (apologies if spelt wrong)?
Whenever i eat a pizza or something with moerella cheese on, about 30 - 60 minutes later i get unbearable pains in my intestinal area. I can only describe it as an extreme constipation feeling. My ...

Can asma kill?

What do you use to treat your spring allergies?
I live in Northeast Ohio and my allergies are at their worst ever right now. My nose is stuffy, I'm sneezing like a fiend, and I want to scratch my eyes out...AFTER taking loratadine (Claritin)....

What is the medicine in allergy?

So I have had this cough that's killing me!?
I'm waking roomates up in the middle of the night. And all day at work. Been taking ALL kids of medicens and nothing gets better :( I've even drank some hot tea.... Anyone got any ...

What happens after an allergic reaction to food?
After an allergic reaction to a food, what are some symptoms(besides death) if an epi pen is not used? Any long term effects?...

Is it really allergy?
My tonsils swell almost all the time when I get cold, new tooth ... or like now jus from nowhere. The left tonsil is actaly always swollen they cause pain in my ears and some pimples in my mouth. B...

I Need My Voice Back?
I had this really bad sinus cold from Tuesday till yesterday. Today I feel much better but im still coughing up stuff. My voice has gone down hill since Tuesday and today its the worst. I can barely ...

My throat gets slightly swelled when drinking smoothies made from berries but never when I eat them fresh-why?
I wonder if it's because the seeds are getting ground up and that this is what's irritating my throat....

nirvana19791979
I have strept throat, and Im allergic to penicillin, can take amoxicillin or keflex instead?
i dont have a way to go to the doctor because i have no money and no car, but i have these 2 med's here at the house, i know that they arent supposed to work if they sit there for so long, but it is better than nothing wouldnt you agree??

Bird lady
If you are allergic to penicillin, you shouldn't take ANY meds in the cillin line. I don't know about keflex. Most hospitals should still be able to see you; most public ones offer some type of free care. Isn't there someone who could give you a ride? Please do not take what you have at home; it may not be effective and could possibly kill you if you have a reaction to it.
Good luck.

No Mas Tomas
Rating
I'm allergic to penicillin. But I would ask your doctor for advise. Just call and he coould probably fax a perscription to your pharmacist. Keflex works great with me if you can get by the fact that it smells like rotten eggs. But it is a form of penicillin, so would want to check with your doctor first. It's a 50/50 chance that you could be allergic to it as well. Which is why you should still ask the doctor. Different strokes for different folks ya know. So ask your doctor, it still doesn't hurt to ask.

zipperfootpress
No i won't agree, nor do i think getting medical advice that could mean your life from ya is such a good idea.

magnumxl711
Rating
first of all go to see your doctor, he will probably prescribe some mix of amoxicillin and clavulanic acids

FJM
Rating
Do not mess with your life. Call the Dr and explain your situation. He/she may even have samples to give you.

Brent P
look into allergy elimination

suresh k
Hi there !
Amoxycillin belongs to the same family of penicillins and is usually NOT advised for a patient with the history of allergy to penicillins.
Keflex is cephalexins and usually safe..But are you allergic to cephalexin ? have you taken it before ?
In addition, if you have any renal, liver, intestinal problems, diabetes, etc, cephalexins are not usually advised by the doctors.
My sincere advise, ring up your friendly family doctor and have a chat with him...right ?
best wishes !

Ashley D
Rating
no, what would be best is to find a way to get to the doctor...cab, walk, something. takeing medical advice from random people on the internet is not a good idea, nor is taking medications if you dont know how old they are or what dosage or whatever...your best bet is to find ANY way to get to the doctor

Eileen
You can take the amoxicillin for sure, I don't know about keflex. If they are super old they might just not work as well. I am allergic to penicillin and I take amoxicillin when I get strep (which is a lot).

It is always better to go to the doctor though. If you have no $, you can try to take a bus to the local department of health and they will take care of you for free if you are over 18. You can also get free antibiotics at some grocery stores with a Rx

TweetyBird
Amoxicillin (Amoxil, Trimox) is in the class of meds known as penicillins. If you have a sensitivity to penicillin, amoxicillin is contraindicated for you.

Cephalexin monohydrate (Keflex) is a cephalosporin. It's the drug of choice for the treatment of Strep infections.

Now, here's the caution: Do not keep antibiotics lying around. Discard them. If they have passed their shelf-life then they are NOT better than nothing. I don't agree with you. And you wouldn't know the dosage and dosing schedule anyway.

Take a bus to a free clinic.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy