Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

Am i allergic to strawberries???
We bought some strawberries and i ate like 3 and now my tongue itches and everybody else is fine and they don't look old. Whats wrong wit me
Additional Details
i didnt wash ...

Can someone tell me?
I've had a love for kittens and pups for all my life but can't come close to them because I have an allergy. I break out in coldsores on my lips right away. Lately I've been really ...

How do u??
do you have any suggestions to unstuff a stuffy nose?? i had to come home from school today cuz it was soo bad any thing but blow ur nose i tried and nothing comes out. HELP...

Can someone identify this medical mystery?
It seems to be an allergic reaction. Symptoms include itchy rashes, swollen lips and nose, dry mouth, and a general feeling of malaise. Benadryl seems to help but the symptoms recur. The symptoms don&...

Does any1 know an effective allergy treatment?
My nose is all stuffed up and i cant breath....

My 2 year old is highly allergic to peanuts . . . we went to a restaurant tonight and I had a salad and . . .?
a bunch of fruit on my plate. My son was eating from my plate and then I noticed he was lethargic and very warm to the touch. I checked his temperature and it registered as 97.9 degrees. Could ...

I have been told Ive to eat wheat free where can i get a list of foods i can eat and foods i cannot eat help?
please help me i need to find a easy list of foods that i can eat wheat free i would just like a basic list of foods that i can ...

Do I have a nut allergy?
For the past couple of days, everytime I swallow, my chest feels like someone is sat on it, really heavy and feels like it's full of air and my breathing stops for a split second and then I get ...

How baby do have a rashes?

I have quite severe hayfever and throughout winter and now spring i'm experiencing the same symptoms wt is it?

Additional Details
I know you can only get hayfever in summer as I always have done, but I am also having the symptoms of hayfever when it is not summer....

My son has bumps that look like ant bites all over his arms and legs. He had a low fever yesterday.?
He is allergic to insect bites. We had a party Saturday and he was outside most of the time. Could he be breaking out from the bites?
Additional Details
we figured it out, he had ...

Very annoying cough from allergies?
I've had tis horrible cough for almost 2 weeks now. It keeps me up all night, causes me to throw-up and is just simply bugging the cr*p out of me! I went to the doctor and he said it's most ...

What could be wrong with me?
I have had a sometimes runny pretty stuffy nose for NINE weeks now. NINE. I went to the doctor in December and he thought I had allergies and put me on a nasal spray and also an antihistamine. Well,...

How much does allergy shots help?
I've been getting allergy shots a little over a year now, and have noticed considerable difference. How much more improvement can I expect to see in the next 2-4 years? More than I've ...

I have a perrennial clogged nose. Is this sinusitis? What is the best remedy for this condition?

Are there any allergy treatments for people allergic to cats?
When I am around my girlfriend's cat, I get severe asthma, are there shots that can cure this or control the reaction?...

Doctors help please! Ok, last year I contracted sinusitus...?
due to a bad cold which I got amoxycilin for and didn't finish the course (!). On top of that, I got hayfever so the doctor, along with antihistimines prescribed me Flixonase nasal spray. Which I...

How can i cure a flea bite?

Should I take myregular daily allergy pill (Claritin) if I am taking Tylanol Cold to treat a cold?

What are the first symptoms of hay fever?
i have never suffered it before but i have really heavy eyes and sneezing and a tension headache type thing. could this be hay fever?...

addy anna
How long will hives continue after an allergic reaction to medication?
My 6 year old daughter had an allergic reation to Penicillan yesterday and broke out in hives all over. I keep giving her Benedryl every 4 hours, but as soon as it wears off she is broke out with more. Does anyone know how long she could continue to break out with them? Or should I do something else to help?

Ms. Q
i think you should take her to the doctor so the doctor can prescribe somthing else, because she may be allergic to something you are giving her and you shouldnt keep giving it to your child.

Dale
Not much you can do besides keeping her comfortable.
I had allergic reaction as well, and all the hospital did was keep me in bed and I had to wait it out until it cleared by it's self. When I had it they didn't even have Benedryl.

♥Caroline♥
Rating
my daughter had it too like a month ago well due to my carelessness of using tide.. i would suggest to go to the doctor if she still have it after giving benadryl or break out when it wears off. it might be something else beside pennicillin... hope she feels better

sweetyebug3
Any allergic reaction can be life threatening if it advances to swelling in the throat and cutting off your airway, this is called anaphlactic shock, I would get back with the Dr. or go to the emergency room, I would not have even chanced trying to use the benedryl, she may very well need a shot of epinepherin, never give her another shot of this as next time the reaction will be worse.

Hey Damnâ„¢ you
Rating
the Dr. should be able to give her a shot w/ (I believe) of cortizone. Hives can be very dangerous if not properly treated.

heythatswhatiwasthinking
How long was she on the Penicillin? If she had the reaction immediately (within a few hours of the first dose), she certainly needs to be on steroids, if not get a shot of steroids, for the persistent hives. The reason is that this is considered a severe reaction when it happens this quickly, and the Benadryl is not sufficient (especially where she keeps getting the hives). She needs the anti-inflammatory properties of the steroids to calm down the inflammation and histamine reaction, both to clear up the hives and to prevent any further swelling and irritation (i.e. of the lungs, airway, etc.). The most common is Prednisone. Depending on her weight, the doctor will put her on a dose between 20 mg 2X daily (for about 5-10 days) and 30 mg 2 X daily (again, for 5-10 days).

If she had been on it for a few days already, the Benadryl should clear it up in approximately the same number of days as she was on it. For example, if she had taken the Penicillin for 3 days, it may take 3 days for the hives to clear. This is because the Penicillin has built up in her system for 3 days before the reaction, and it may take just as long to get out of her system.

How many times have you given her the Benadryl? Continue to give it every 4 hours until you get in touch with her doctor to discuss further options. It's very uncomfortable to have hives, and if she has them, it's very likely that she's feeling other symptoms of the reaction as well (itchy eyes, runny nose, nausea, etc.).

Be sure to tell your daughter to inform you if she starts feeling dizzy, like she can't breathe, like her mouth is tingly or itchy, like she has to keep clearing her throat, etc., or any other symptoms that would indicate an airway obstruction from swelling. If you notice any swelling of the eyes or any other part of her, take her into the hospital immediately.

I hope this helps and keep a close eye on your daughter -- allergic reactions, especially to medications, are nothing to fool around with. If you're ever in doubt, take her into the ER. It's definitely better to be safe than sorry with this type of thing.

(On a side note, I don't mean to worry you with any of this. If it's been over 12 hours since the hives began, a severe backlash of allergic/anaphylactic [life threatening] reactions is unlikely, but still possible so I thought I'd let you know anyway.)

Good luck with it all!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy