Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

I have sinusitis give me a remedy please, i have a surgery already and that does not works help me?
tengo como un ano con sinusitis ya me operaron una ves pero de nada sirvio si saben de alguna medicina por favor hagnmelo saber un remedio o algo estoy sufriendo mucho gracias por su ...

What are the solutions to cope up with dust allergy????????

Indoor heat is giving me a sore throat, runny nose,+ watery eyes. Can I live with heat w/out feeling like this
The heat is regulated by my landlord and it doesn't really blow on me at nighttime, but it is really bothering me. How can I get used to the heat being on at nighttime? Can I do anything to help ...

I have a daughter that is allergic to wheat,egg white and peanuts, how do you make her a b-day cake?
if you could give me some links to other web sites that might be able to help. we just found out she was allergic to them ...

What is the best way to make your allergies go away for now?
i have really bad allergies to something in the ...

What do you do for a runny nose and congestion after taking cocaine?

Could I be allergic to alcohol?
Every few times I drink I wake up the next morning sick as a dog. For a while I just assumed I was hung over, but it happens pretty often, even when i don't drink a lot. I realy don't want ...

My body will not let me hold down raw fruits, any ideas as to why?

Do salt make your feet fat?

How can you tell if your allergic to peanuts?
i know i have a few allergies but what are some signs that might show that i am or that i am not allergic to peanuts..?...

Are there any foods which help prevent Hayfever?

I'm having a reaction to something in coffee... ever heard of that?!?
When I drink certain brands of coffee, I get horrendous hives all over my body just minutes later - but there are a few kinds that don't have any effect on me at all (example: starbucks never ...

Stuff nose?
I need help with a stuffy nose! And please don't tell me to use nosespray because it doesn't work for me! I can't sleep beacuse I can't breathe! Please help me with anything that ...

I have asthma and allergies to pet dander..i start wheezing and can't ever go to my friends homes anymore.
As a youngster i used to have cats all the time..now my eyes bulge out if i touch one and happen to touch my face or eyes..same with anyone who has a dog..they touch the dog and i get hugged or close ...

Anyone with an allergy to beer?
Lately I've been waking up with terrible headaches after nights of just a couple of drinks (therefore NOT a hangover). I am wondering if I may have developed an allergy to something in beer. D...

Can someone be allergic to mold?
Or is everyone adversely effected by mold?...

How do i do an allergy test?

Sinus infection question?
Hello, about 6 weeks ago i went to the doctor and he said i had a severe sinus infection that he could see pus running down my throat, and he give me omnicef 10 days worth and i was wondering can a ...

I have red eyes, tightness of the chest, wheezing and itchy watery eyes. What do i have?
I have two dogs and i have been diagnosed when i was younger with asthma and allergies. What do i have? Could i have animal allergies? Could i still have asthma? I want to study and take things into ...

I'm alergic to alcohol...is it deadly ?
if i take in alcohol i have palpitations, my pulse rate skyrocket...i bearly breath...at that point i stopped...If i go over the limit...would i die ?...

mishmash
How long for an allergic reaction to start?
I've just taken my first dose of antibiotics (penicillin) for tonsillitis (15-20 mins ago) and have now noticed a rash on my elbows and lower arms, hips and the outside of my thighs. I've never had an allergic reaction to anything before - including antibiotics, although I'm not sure the current antibiotics are the same as I've taken before. I didn't notice if I had this rash before taking the tablets. It does fade under pressure (glass test). Would an allergic reaction set in this quickly?? Any help is much appreciated!

kookiemonster32
Rating
i came out n wat looked like blisters all over my body after 1st dose of tabs once...fone ur doc

Em and Jo
Rating
An allergic reation can take just seconds to kick in, or days, depending on the type of allergy, how quickly the product reaches the bloodstream, and which area of your body is actually allergic. It sounds like you could be having an allergic reation, but don't do anything (except you could take antihistamine if its really annoying) unless you have more side effects. Hope thats helpful!

exo
Rating
Yes. Just wish it's only rashes. I have a severe penicillin allergies before. Now I am afraid to take any antibiotics.

The mom
It is possible for it to be an allergic reaction, however the time is rather a short for an oral antibiotic to have gotten into the system. Also, allergic reactions due to medication generally start on the torso first, and spread outwards from there. It is something you should certainly keep an eye on, none the less, and having the doctor look at if it doesn't fade away today. It could also be a viral rash, from whatever buggie is giving you the tonsillitis. Not all of them are bacterial, and the antibiotic is to cover you and protect you from any bacteria moving in while there is opportunity. The doctor would know best what is causing the tonsillitis, and if it's likely from that. You could take Benadryl to help stave off a full blown reaction, and see if it responds to that. It won't do anything for a viral rash at all, except with the itch. If it's allergy in origin, it may make the rash fade away. If you have any breathing problems though, don't wait- go to the Emergency Room then.

chalmondely
yes t can be that quick! keep a close eye it and for any other symptoms, and see your gp!

Anthony B
Rating
Depending on the person sometimes immediately and even though you have never been allergic to antibiotics before penicillin is different (one of the strongest).

Linda M
Rating
I developed a nettle rash all over my body from taking Penicillin. No other side effects but I always warn anyone prescribing antibiotics that I am allergic.
You might get a worse reaction, if taken again. Let your GP know as soon as possible and make sure your records are marked accordingly. Always mention it, if you have any medical treatment or donate blood, even if you aren't asked.

Steph
Rating
Yes it definitely can. Keep a very close eye on it and if you start feeling light headed, dizzy, or short of breath get to an emergency room right away.

Other antibiotics in the penicillin family are amoxicillin, augmentin, ampicillin, etc. If you find you're allergic to penicillin I would recommend not taking any antibiotic in the penicillin family at all. Make sure to tell your doctor and pharmacist so they can make sure you don't end up taking it again.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.114
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, April 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy