Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

I found out that im allergic to dairy? what do id do?
i cant live without dariy and i dontlike meat and chiken:-(
what do i ...

My niece has exzema. Has anyone tried Homeopathy as a form of treatment?
Symptoms-- Skin breaks out in rashes,itches badly, runny eyes.. we have heard that long term use of allopathy meds like nasal spray ,steroids cause problems. Has anyone tried homeopathy or any other ...

Has the spring allergy season gotten worse over the past few years?
I live in the North East, and I have noticed that it has become harder and harder to deal with the "Spring Allergy" season over the last 5 years or so. I am thirty years old, and have had ...

Can allegies develop in adulthood and why?
I just recently began suffering from allergies, (I think). Every moring when I wake up, my nose is stuffed and I persistently sneeze. Is this allergies? Why am I more prone now as an adult when ...

How to heal asthma in children?
asthma , allergy and ...

Can you get sick from eating Mold?
I ate a 2 donetts with mold on them basiclly because i didn't see it on there, can I get sick from this?...

Is it ok to drink alcoholic beverages while on antihistamines?
I'm taking allegra for my allergies, but I want to know if it is ok to drink a couple beers. Any help is appreciated, thanks!...

Can any one tell me how to make my eyes stop itching?
I have allergies and part of my allergies are my eyes getting really itchy. I've taken allergy medicine and even tried the eye drops my doctor gave me, but for some reason my eyes still itch a ...

What are the symptoms of lactose intolerance?

My ex wants to get back and I took Tylenol NIGHTTIME allergy medicine. I am eating a fish taco right now?

HI,my 2 year old is coughing very badly, runny nose and watery eyes.i took him to ER they gave no medicine.?
the doctor said , the infection is viral .Use humidifier or vaporaizer and suction the nose.what can i do at home to help him get better he lost his apetite and doesnt eat and is weak....

Why do we get boggies?

My friend is sick whenever he drinks alcohol.?
My friend is sick whenever he drinks alcohol even in relatively small amounts. He was off the drink for a few weeks then on Friday he had a few bottles of bud felt fine all night but was sick ...

Am I allergic to dust?
I think I might be allergic to dust. How do I find out if I am? Do I go to the Doctor or an allergist? It seems a little silly to go to the Doc just for an allergy!...

Has anyone experienced bad side effects from flonase nasal spray?

How can you cure hives?
My physician told me hives are related to my Asthmatic state. Humid, hot weather aggitates skin. Developing reddish breakouts that last for few seconds. I use Bynadrell containing "antihestamine....

My left eye real red and I went to Dr and said it was allergies but the drops not working.?

Can you build up an immunity to something you are allergic to?
Example: I am allergic to blueberries...could I ever build up an immunity so I can tolerate them?...

Is this a food allergy ?
For a while now, I've been getting headaches after almost everything I eat.

Like if I eat something healthy and wholesome, a while later my head will begin hurting and I'll feel ...

How can I reduce my mother's allergy to kittens?
My mother is allergic to kittens and I really want one, the only way I could get one is if I move out and if I move out I gotta be married. So does anybody know what I should do?...

cutiepie81289
How long does an allergy shot last? will it help with my nasal congestion?

don b
Rating
not always do an allergy shot works. Check with your Doc if you are allergic to certain items. They may have a certain remedy for it.

Brendy
Rating
When you say "allergy shot" are you referring to a single injection of steroid, or hyposensitization? There is quite a difference.

B.E.C.
You have to get a series of allergy shots;they last a few months when they do work.Some people do not get any relief from the shots,though. If it does work for you,it will relieve your congestion.

JING
Rating
How long after I start taking the allergy shots before I feel better?
It usually takes 6 months or more of shots before you start feeling better and notice relief of your allergy symptoms. If you don't feel better after this time, you should probably talk with your doctor about another kind of treatment for your allergies.
---
What kind of allergies can be treated with allergy shots?
Allergy shots work well for pollen allergies(also called allergic rhinitis or hay fever), eye allergies, bee-sting allergies and some drug allergies. In some people, allergy shots can improve asthma symptoms.

Usually people get allergy shots after they have tried other treatments that haven't worked. Other treatments include avoiding allergens and taking medicine, such as an antihistamine.
---
What will happen if my doctor and I choose allergy shots to treat my allergy?
Your doctor will want to do an allergy test to help determine exactly what is causing your allergy. An allergy skin test puts tiny amounts of allergens onto your skin to see which ones you react to. Or, your doctor may decide to do a blood test, such as the radioallergosorbent test (called RAST) or the ImmunoCap test.
---
How many shots will I have to get?
Quite a few. You will start getting shots 1 or 2 times each week. After about 6 months of weekly shots, your doctor will decide when you can start maintenance treatment. Maintenance shots are usually given just once each month, year round. You'll probably need to get maintenance shots for 3 to 5 years. Then you may be able to stop having shots.

dooneygirl@sbcglobal.net
mine lasts about 3 months only

Penney S
Rating
IT DEPENDS ON THE SEVERITY OF YOUR ALLERGIES INJECTIONS A PERSCRIBED WITHIN A CERTAIN TIME FRAME PER YOUR DOCTOR THUS FREQUENCY IS DETERMINED FOR EXAMPLE EVERY 3-5 WEEKS

ringocox
If you mean you were skin tested and getting desensitizing shots, they will probably need to be repeated when allergy season approaches next time.
Yes, they will help prevent signs of allergy such as nasal congestion.

Erika M
An allergy shot is usually part of a series of allergy shots. The goal of the series is to reduce your sensitivity to the allergen in general. If you complete the entire series and your doctor feels you need no more shots, you should see some improvement with problems like nasal congestion, if the allergy you were treated for had nasal symptoms.

But a specific one-time shot is probably not going to have an effect against a specific exposure to the allergen. So one shot can't really be said to have any lasting protective effects. To deal with specific exposures to allergens, either before, during, or after the series of shots, you will probably still need to rely on decongestants.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy