Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

Does running a humidifier in summer make allergies worse?

Hey, I have bad allergies but dont know what to do!!??
I have had the worst allergies anyone could ever try surviving with. I have tried so much differnt medication that is not working. (such as: Clarytin, Dallergy Jr, Sudafed + Benedrill, and others.) I ...

How come every time i smoke a cigarette, i get light-headed and sometimes my hands get cold,whys that???

I constantly keep having mucus coming out of my mouth?
I have a allergy and i have been having allergys a few times last month and a cold, i would say last month was a really bad month for me. I have this mucus problem along with my allergy and for some ...

Allergy Question?
When I was younger I had surgery and they put a muscal relaxer on me. I ended up being on a temporary respirator for five hours I was told I was allergic to the medication. But I do not know the name ...

Can allergies develop late?
I have a specific example. Could a math professor that has been using chalk for all of his life suddenly develop a reaction to it?...

I have always been allergic to milk. what happens now ???
Just as I said, I am 37 years old and allergic to mild (not lactose intollerant, allergic to milk). I have been allergic since birth. I am now learning that I have arthritis. Is it too early to ask ...

I think I'm allergic to fruit...?
I have no problem eating canned, dried, frozen or cooked fruit. But when I eat fresh fruit my mouth and throat feel itchy and it stays that way for a few hours. I even tried to eat an apple twice ...

Whats causes an asthma attack?
what causes an asthma attack?...

How do you cure commom cold through homemade recipes, and not medicines?

Anyone else allergic to PINEAPPLE?
When I was younger, my mouth & tongue burned slightly if I ate raw pineapple or drank the juice, but I never knew that wasn't supposed to happen so it didn't seem "wrong". By ...

What do you do when you have a bunch of mucus in your eyes that keeps coming?

Nose bleeds?
Im scared. I had two nose bleeds yesterday and 1 today.
Im so scared... i have school next week and I dont want it drippig during class PLEASE what do I doo.. im onl 14 years old!!!...

Raw fruits & veggies cause terrible stomach pain for days - is this an allergy? Cooked is alright to eat.?
I used to be a vegetarian but now find I cannot tolerate any produce that has not been cooked. The pain is excruciating and I am ill for 2 - 3 days after eating the raw fruit or veggies. I have ...

Can chrolox bleach cause you to throw up?
Hmm.... I was using bleach and then i feel lik throwing up all the time... after i used da bleach I coughed a lot... I wonder if the chlrox caused me to get sick or was it something i ate? What can I ...

Best way to combat hayfever allergy without taking medication.?
My allergies are kicking in as Spring comes. I'm getting running noses, itchy eyes, and soon I'll have a stuffy nose. What are good methods to fight this allergy if I don't want to ...

How can I stop getting sick so much?
Im a college student and I get sick VERY easily. I need to stop getting sick so that my college education does not suffer. I have a problem of getting so stressed out that it makes me sick. How can i ...

Are sinusitis and a sinus infection the same thing?

I keep getting hives?
Im 14..and ever since a couple days ago id get hives and red blotches just on my legs(now i get it sometimes on my hands a little) when i got out of the shower now i just get it randomly then it ...

Does anybody know of any home remedies for air-borne allergies??? (and no, i do not have Saline spray)?

Additional Details
P.s. my nose and eyes are soo soo soo itchy and irritated and my nose is dry and i am ALWAYS ...

Nicolleta
How do you know if you are allergic to bee stings?
I have many many allergies and have always wondered if I am allergic to bee stings. Is there some way besides going to the doctor or stinging yourself to figure it out?

WORLD CLASS
Go get stung by a bee...lol

funkymonkygrl
Well, when you get stung, you won't be able to breathe, that's how you know you're allergic to bee stings.

If can also be a genetic thing, like my grandmother is allergic so I'm probably allergic too. See? If you do get stung, and you realize you're allergic, use EpiPen.

I've NEVER been stung and hate bees.

mine
You would have to get a standard allergy test to determine all things you are allergic to. I don't think the doctor can just test you for bee stings. If you are worried, you can carry a kit around just in case you get stung. I have been stung so many times, it is difficult for me to understand how you have gone so long with out being stung. Good for you. :)

Kala Boo
All I know is that once you get stung and you have serious side effects like getting dizzy your allergic.

Sorry but it is all I know.

mixemup
no, not to my knowledge. But if you get stung, and your airway closes off, good chance you're allergic.

Kayak_Girl_2006
Rating
If you get stung and have a reaction such as swelling, redness, warmth, trouble breathing, hives or death.

miss advice
just wait. eventually, you will get a bee sting at some point in your life. put wet chewing tobacco on it- it'll draw the poison out (it's not LETHAL poison, unless you are allergic and do not recieve medical attention).

kazak
Rating
People are worried about Sever allergies. If you have reason to be alarmed you can get a blood test done for a specific allergen. If you have been stung once and it really swelled up for a long time (a month or more) than go get tested. If you are severely allergic you will not have any doubts because you will start dying and it will be one of the most painful agonizing experiences ever.

nobody982005
Rating
Have you ever had any bug bites?

I am deathly allergic to bee stings and here a few similarities between stings and other bug bites.

With so called "regular" bug bites, the immediate area turns a bright red and slightly feverish. Within about 30 minutes I develope a "welt" like bump, it is usually about the size of a dime but they have been as big as a half dollar. Oh yea and it itches like crazy.

With a sting the same happens but at a much more rapid pace, Within 5 to 10 minutes I have the huge welt and then my head gets really itchy and my throat starts to swell shut and it is very hard to breath. I might have about 20 mins to get to the hospital.

If you have had that type of reaction to a "regular" bug bite or have many other severe allergies then you most likely are allergic to bee stings. My sugggestion is see an allergist.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, November 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy