Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

What in pistachios, cashews, and mangos makes somebody allergic to all three?

Intense fear of needles (shots)?
I have an intense fear of needles (shots),I take allergy and steroid shots for severe allergies,at present they seem to be helping,I don't have nearly the allergies that I did before taking the ...

What is the cause of blue lips and gums in toddlers?

How come allergy medicines don't really work for me anymore?
I have had to take allergy medicine my whole life. I cannot seem to find a non-drowsy allergy medcine that works for me. I am allergic to animals with fur, and I not really sure what else I am ...

I need help finding coconut-free cleaning/personal products. Also free of nut oil, sunflower & hopefully palm.
My baby has severe eczema despite a strict elimination diet on my part and tested positive for these allergies. Finding products to use on him and us is a nightmare so far. We are laundering with D...

Is claritin good for sinus problems?
Ive been having sinus problems off and on... any over the counter meds good? Ive tried tylenol sinus and the sinus stuff you spray in your nose... any suggestions?...

Do you pick your nose?
do you pick your nose.
this one user called mandude ...

Whats the best for night time allergys?

Overdosing allergy pills?
What will happen if I take two 24 hour allergy pills within one day?
Or if I take two different brands of allergy pills?

Will I just get drowsy? 'Cause I don't care...I ...

I'm allergic to cats.. is there anything I can do or take to make me immune?
The thing is, A. I like cats, B. Most of my friends have cats and I wanna be able to go over their house without my eyes swelling up and my throat like closing, C. My brother's thinking about ...

Any way to clear stuffy nose at home?????
ive been to the dr. 3X now!! ive been on 2 different kinds of antibiotics(didnt work)
claritin
singulair
flonase
EVERY OTC medicine u can THINK of!
hot showers arent working<...

How can you know that you are allergic to bees and how can you avoid it?

All natural ingridients for curing a sinus infection?
relief of sinusitis, nasal congestion,post nasal drip,sinus ...

Is there a polyp growing in my nasal cavity?
It feels like there is a scab or something blocking my left sinus, but there is nothing visible.
I had sinus surgery 2yrs ago....

Allergic to many things, need meal ideas?
I'm allergic to everything I used to eat and love, and I need some new things to eat for all meals.
It's a pretty big list:
Curry Powder * Barley * Rye * Goat:Milk/Cheese * G...

Cannot breathe at night?
It has been happening off and ON since the end of October. I live in Austin and I know the allergens have been worse than usual this year. At most in the past I have had to take allergy meds maybe ...

How To get rid of a stuffy nose?
one of my nasturel are stopped up and im taking tussin dm and it does not help and my nose keeps running advice plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............

If I live with something I'm allergic to (cats, etc...) is it possible I can develop an immunity?
Any cats that are a little more hypo-allergenic than the rest? Anything I can do?...

I had a allergic reaction today?
well at my school (the school of paul mitchell)
we had a lunch in and it was all really yummy food and they had something that had blue berrys in it and im allergic to them and i thought i ...

Am i illergic? do i have a cold?
I've had watery eyes / rough throat / runny nose and sneezing for a few days (not sure how long, I just figured I caught a cold bug and that it would go away)

Then, it occured to me,...

Kristy
How can you tell if your having a allergic reaction?
well i got bite by either a spiter or Mesqueto... Well i got bite on my ankle and now my whole foot is swollen and i have no ankle.. what should i do other than go to the hospital and put ice on it, which im doing. any ideas????????????? please help thank you!

Monique Attinger
Rating
Bites can be dangerous. It's normally best to seek medical care if you are concerned about a bite.

Having said that, if it's an allergic reaction, an antihistamine will help to take down the swelling. If you take a dose of Benadryl (or good, fast-acting antihistamine of your choice) and nothing happens, then you know that it's not an allergic reaction, it is a reaction to the venom in the bite.

terry
Best advice is to go to the hospital and get it checked out.

Ditzy♥Chick
Rating
well i'm allergic to eucalyptus and bee stings. With eucalyptus, i get rashes and and headaches. with bee stings, i go into anaphylactic shock and i have to give myself a shot in my muscle (i do my leg) with my EpiPen. and although it's not an allergy, i have asthma and for that i just have to use my inhaler

kim
i have my asthma symptoms act up when i get a allergic reaction. i would advise to ask a doctor if u get to concerned it keeps doing it. also some has hives as a reaction. do a yahoo search on allergic reaction they can tell u more.

jjmlls
An allergy is your body's way of protecting you. When you are allergic to something your body has identified that substance as something dangerous and signals your immune system to fight it. That can lead to all kinds of reactions like itching, swelling, hives or anaphylaxsis to name a few symptoms. I have many allergies and they each come with their own set of symptoms. I am allergic to mosquito bites and have extreme swelling when I am bitten. What I do is take a medication like benadryl. Icing is also a good idea which you are already doing. If you are itching use caladryl of take a warm bath with baking soda.

I don't know where you live but there are certain types of spiders that are poisonous. If you have been bitten by a spider get to a hospital and have it checked out. If it is just a mosquito bite I wouldn't worry too much. Deal with the symptoms as best you can and make sure that the swelling isn't putting too much pressure on a vein or artery, which could be dangerous. You don't want the swelling to get out of hand. If you can't see your ankle that sounds like pretty severe swelling, a trip to your local emergency room may not be a bad idea.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, August 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy