Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

Cold or allergies? or something else?
Okay, so for the past two months I have had this problem.

When I lay down, or sometimes sit down, my nose gets all stuffed and itchy, my throat will also get a little itchy. I'm ...

How can I get rid of red eyes without visine or eye drops?
is there any way?...

Please tell me which foods work for you in easing IBS? I'm trying to ID my triggers but I'm so hungry!Help
If you know of any safe food to help me please let me know...everything I eat seems to cause a problem! The only thing I seem to be able to eat with out it causing a problem are bananes and walkers ...

My throat is really sore... anyone know what it is?
A couple of days ago my throat started to get very sore.

When I swallow it is painful and especially if I sneeze (which doesnt help as i have haydfever anyway)...

When i sneeze ...

I have pinkeye in my left eye?
how long does it take to go away
Additional Details
i cant go to school and i have exams this week and next week, i i m Medicine got sum ...

Mysterious hives?
My 19 year old son has been getting hives (his chest, torso and back) several times a day now for a week. We've been to the doctor several times, are treating with antihistimes but are no ...

Caffeine alternatives?
My boyfriend is deathly allergic to caffeine. Anything with a lot of sugar is also out of the question. He works odd hours, and as a result is tired nearly all the time. Does anyone know of any ...

What is lactose intolerance?
Can you guys please give me a simple answer? Just tell me what lactose intolerance basically is because I have completely no idea what lactose intolerance is besides it has something to do with dairy ...

How do I say "my daughter suffers from a fatal allergy to all nuts" in Spanish. Thanks?
I am going to Spain in two weeks and my daughter has a fatal allergy to nuts. I need to know how to say this in Spanish and also some help with pronouncination would be a great help....

How to get rid of or minimize the inconvenience due to IBS (Irritable Bowl Syndrome)?

Additional Details
I HAVE TRIED MANY DOCS / TREATMENTS. COULDNT FIND ANY SOLUTION BUT EATING BANANA, ABT 9/DAY HELPS. BUT IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO PROLONG THIS KIND OF TREATMENT. KINDLY ANY...

Pink eye...?
how do you get rid of it?

serious answers only..

and I used lubricating eye drops.. they get rid of burning and redness... it stung badly when I put them in....

Can someone become allergic to something that the person has never been allergic to before?

Is it possible to react to peanuts from across the room?
If I was eating peanuts, would it be possible for someone several metres away to go into anaphylactic shock, even though they had not touched or eaten them?...

I have a milk allergy and I think it is causing me to have asthma attacks. Is this possible?
I have a milk allergy but do not know how severe as I never eat any dairy. However, the other day I had a taste of ice cream and almost instantly started having trouble breathing. Do you think this ...

What is the best way to get rid of congestion due to allergies?

What causes your eyes to turn red and swollen from swimming?

A random question...?
whenever people do sniff near you does it mean i smell.. because loads of ppl have been sniffing near me lately... or is it the season please help......

Itchy and swollen tongue after eating banana's or melons?
Whats up with that? :-(

Does anybody else get that or is it just me?? :-(...

Allergic reaction to weed.?
last night i was with some friends driving around and while we were driving we had smoked some weed.. i noticed my really quirky friend had became quiet and i looked at her and she looked like she ...

My eyes are very itchy ?????
all of a sudden yesterday night my eyes starting getting very itchy and watery.. I went to sleep and then when i woke up it started again. It is like really annoying. What could it be? It is ...

stran6er
How can i stop my nose from getting congested when i sleep or lay down?
It always get stuffed up only when I sleep. Anyone else have the same problem?

goodwin_98
Use Breathright...plastic strips that go on your nose.

emgormley
Rating
I have this problem too.....elevating the head works only sometimes, decongestion medications (and the tape that goes over the nose) work.

Also try two paracetamols before bed-time, I don't know why but that is the most successful method for me.

deke
You might want to try a different pillow as well.
I had this problem before and I discovered it was what was in the pillow that was making me stuffed up.
It could also be the products used for cleaning on your pillow case.

newfangled_04
Rating
Try putting some eucalyptus oil on ur pillow. Or use a nasal strip

jekarrick
Rating
Change your bedding regularly, use allergen free barriers on your mattress and pillows, use a cool mist ultrasonic humidifier, use a nasal spray such as Afrin before sleeping, and if it continues speak with your Dr. about a prescription relief that will help you breathe better at night.

npemtiv
Rating
You might try a nasal decongestant just before going to sleep. I get that sometimes, but taking sudafed or something usually helps.

tonyintoronto@rogers.com
Anti-Hystamines.

or

Gravol, over the counter at any pharmacy.Drink lots of water in the morning b-c you will be de-hydrated.

bowhunter2006
Rating
Try breathrite strips, elevate your bed, and a humidifire. an air purifire works great also, airborne allergies can also play a role with getting stuffed up.

NYQT22
Use a couple of pillows so you wont be laying flat you have to keep you head elevated

Lulu
Rating
Olbas oil on your pillow

ericca001
Rating
Sleep with your head elvated and get a humidifer.

littlesuthernmom
Rating
My son does. His doctor told us to elevate the head of his bed just a little bit so he isn't lying flat. As weird as it sounds, it really has helped.

<3 Jessie <3
use a humidifyer or use those nose strip thingies

gavrav
Rating
sleep so that the head is elevated

Do not sleep on one side,so the particular side will be conjested more

kitten3
Hey, I suffer from allergies too!! Either your doctor can prescribe you an inhaler for your nose which you spray just before you go to bed, or you can try breatheasy strips from over the counter at the chemist. They both work for me!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 15, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy