Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

What keeps mosquitoes way from your skin?
bug bites!...

Are these bites?
help, i was playing on the grass with my son in the sun and that evening my back was covered with itchy raised red lumps, at first i thought it was a heat rash and took a cool bath but three days ...

Whats the fastest way to get rid of a cold/cough?
I have a runny nose, caugh, my voice sounds funny, and yeah i hate it.

Im taking cough syrip, pills and whatnot. buut..

These things always last too friggin long...SOOoo. Is ...

Can a laundry detergent cause allergic reactions?

Allergy - 10 Points - Help Please!?
Okay, I have very small red dots all over my body. My back mostly, my cheeks, half my ears, at the back of my neck. It's not the very itchy kind, just like the hot kind. When I touch my cheek - ...

I think my son has a milk allergy? help?
my son touches milk and his skin turns bright red and sumtimes develops a white spot on the red spot. when he drinks straight milk he gets a softer stool. he currently is still nursing and eating ...

Are allergies contagious?

Is anyone on here that's lactose intolerant or mabe is that's also allergic to soy???
I think i am lactose intolerant, and i know im allergic to SOY wat should i do????...

Whats the worst thing to be allergic to???
ok so i want to know what u guys think is the worst thing there is to be allergic ...

*ASTELIN* Is this an allergic reaction? My Doctor is not aswering his cellphone?
i went to see my doctor yesterday because i had very severe pain in my ear.. and he told me that i had some congestion on my ear .. so he gave me a nasal spray called Astelin... and i used it last ...

I'm allergic to marijuana. I need a natural way to destress.?

Additional Details
I knew someone would have to state the obvious. Thanks ***** And to all advice thanks. My 4 year old is hyper active and has seizures so stress is gonna happen....

How do I know what I am allergic to?
Hi, I have developed an allergic rash and would really really like to know what I am allergic to. Could it be laundry soap? Because my hands turned red and swollen at night after I touched it, but I ...

Has anyone ever had a skin test done for allergies and if so do they hurt?

Help with alergys!!!!?
i'm allergic to: dust, cats, mold, cigarette smoke, MSG, dairy, and some food coloring.

What can i do to make my out door allergies and my cat allergy less horrible???
How can i ...

Has anyone ever heard of someone being allergic to themselves?
My doc said i give myself hives. He tested me for EVERYTHING including genetic reasons and Nothing!! So he said it has to be me Im allergic to myself??? does that make sense? Anyone heard this ...

Can you develop hayfever - if not what the have i got???
im 22 and overweight, i was always able to play football in the park or cut the grass but this summer is different

im always sneezing, my nose is always blocked andmy eyes are always ...

What is fluoride for?

Ring stuck! Help!?
Does anyone have any suggestions for getting a ring off? I'm having an allergy reaction to my new soap and my ring finger is swollen and it itches terribly under my ring, but I can't get ...

Why do Drs. & Nurses think all curtains are soundproof??

I just got my ears pierced....?
about 48 hours ago.
i got them pierced with titanium.
my mom and dad had a history of being allergic to a lot of metals, but my mom couldn't remember what she was definitely allergic ...

apple
How Long does a food allergy last?
If left untreated? The itching only begins at night and eyes begin to swell....

what are the good ways to cure? any relief methods? besides calamine lotion and overcounter medication, what else are there?
Additional Details
i don't know i have that allergy. after eating it, the symptoms then appear. what can i do now?

Chiquita P
Rating
4 days

nurse curtis
This sounds like it warrents further investigation, because allergies never just go away. Once you have one it is there to stay. The best thing to do is to avoid what you are allergic to and stear clear of it for good.

Consult with an allergenist for a test to determine what is causing the reaction. It does not sound like an allergy to me.

steele392000
I am 37 I have been allergic to strawberries since about 14 yrs old. I have to go get a shot to clear up the rash on my face. but I have not eaten any strawberries since then either.

sailor_chronos
If you know you're allergic to a certain type of food, don't eat that food. Your reaction might get worse over time if you continue.

mikewnjdoc
Rating
have you gone to an allergist?
Also why are you so compelled to eat something you know you are allergic to?

skjaskja
Rating
My 3 yr old son tested positive for a lot of different food allergies. We had him off of everything for 6 months and then retested him and some of the allergies that were high are now low, so we're allowing a rotational diet where on Wednesdays and Sundays he's allowed to have wheat and we'll allow soy occasionally etc, we are still eliminating dairy, however as that is still high. (previously dairy tested off the charts, so it has come down.)
My suggestion is that if there is swelling, this is a moderate to high allergy and I would recommend avoiding the foods that cause this and get to a naturopathic doctor and get some allergy tests done. Good luck - also - apparently you can get desensitized to allergies - I'm not totally familiar with this, I have read about taking homeopathic remedies - for example if you are allergic to apples, you could take the homeopathic remedy Apple 2X daily and increase the strength over time - of course this would be under the supervision of a naturopathic doctor or someone very familiar with homeopathy.

rea del rosario
Rating
maybe 1-2 days. the cure is not to eat that food for a while. then after a month try eating the same food w/ the small amount so that the system could adopt it.

Clown Knows
Rating
Be careful of too much pressure in your eyes, as that could cause permanent damage.

Cold compresses, antihistamines, time. Doctor administering a steroid shot.

kiwibird
Rating
Generally, if you have a real food allergy, you can't ever eat that particular food.
As far as I know, you can relieve symptoms, but you can't cure it. i.e antihistamine tablets. There is only over-the-counter medication for allergies which are not life threatening.
You need to find out if it is actually a food that is causing the problem. It could be any number of things.

tessasmomy
Rating
Sounds like you need to be allergy tested. Then you will know what foods to avoid.

Keep Benedryl (or something like it) on hand AT ALL TIMES. Also get a prescription for an Epi-Pen. Your reactions are bad enough that you never know when they will turn into something lifethreatening. As long as you "only" get itchy benedryl should do the trick.

TALK WITH YOUR DOCTOR ASAP!

blondbaby74
SOME FOOD ALLERGYS CAN LAST A LONG TIME. FIND OUT WHAT YOUR ALLERGIC TO AND THEN DON'T EAT IT.. WAITE ABOUT 6 MONTHS AND THEN TRY IT AGAIN..

banananose_89117
Rating
If you have a food allergy, then stop eating that food. Your body is telling you something!

For some people stopping eating what they are allergic to, after a year the allergy may go away. Why would you suffer with the itching and swelling if you don't have to by eliminating the allergen? In my case one of my food allergens was lettuce, but after a year with on a touch on a periodic sandwich (learned to eat without lettuce), my allergy went away.

OTC include Benadryl both topical and pill. Calamine might not work. But that is like pouring a glass of water on a fire, it helps but does not alleviate the problem. Think, if it starts with itching and swelling, what is next ------- vomitting, diarrhea, what!

There is a blood test called a "raspt" that will test you for food allergens, until the skin test there is no suffering.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, November 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy