Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

What are you allergic too?? Are you alergic to anything, or nothing??
I am not alergic to anything...so far that I know..what are you allergic too?? And what are your symptoms??...

Feel a Cold coming on, got blocked snuffy nose.Drinking plenty of pure orange.Is there anything else i can do.

Why do we get snot in our noses?
where does it come from? why is it really bad when we have a cold?...

My throat is swollen and its like razor blades when i swallow. I gargled salt water, what else helps?
my throat is really red and bumpy in the back(no white) and it hurts, i also have a little white spot on my tongue.....

I've had a bloody nose at least once a day the past 5 days, whats wrong with me?
I've gotten bloody noses before but this is different, it wont stop, im kinda worried. Is it just bad allergies?...

Becoming allergic to alcohol?
I am trying to understand why i am breaking out lately...I have been drinking everyday for sometime now and recently everytime i drink a glass of whiskey or like 3 or 4 beers my face turns blood red ...

Whats the best way to clear up the snot in my nose?
It is stuffy on one side and im tired of breathing out of mymouth because i am congested....

Mild to severe sore throat for 4 months straight?
I hate to be a bother for something that is common. But, I have had a sore throat for the last several months. I saw a doctor a few weeks ago and they could find nothing except my throat is red. I do ...

Is it possible to suddenly become allergic to something?
for the past 2 yrs i have become sick(stomache cramps) and sometimes blotchy when i drink pure orange juice....it is getting progressively worse...(i try not to drink it anymore)
but i have ...

What in the air makes it hard to breath?
for the last few days i find myself gasping for breath, my doc put me on allergy meds but it's not really working all that well. i do live in florida where the weather is horrible, so i was ...

How do you deal with allergies, without going to the doctor?
I have allergies, but I dont want to go to the doctor
Additional Details
seasonal allergies not allergies to food and ****...

Chocolate allergy?
I almost always sneeze after eating chocolate (especially dark chocolate) and lately my tongue has been breaking out in sores and then peeling after I eat it.....The problem is that I LOVE it (i am ...

What dog is most helpful with asthma and allergies?

What is hayfever and what can be done about it?
Also how did I get it?...

Why do I get headaches from chocolate?
Most chocolate I eat give me headaches. Galaxy, snickers, and smarties give me mild headaches, but just 1 or 2 m & m's give me a terrible migraines. Other chocolate gives me headaches, but I ...

How do you stop a runny nose FAST?
I have to go to work in an hour and it wont ...

Are there any good allergy medicines that don't make you drowsy?
Even Claritin makes me extremely drowsy. Is there anything out there? I need relief!...

Allergies...what are you allergic to?

I inhaled a popcorn kernels skin and feel it in my throat...WHAT SHOULD I DO?
It is NOT in my esophagus...thank ...

I have PINK EYE!! What can i do about work?
I have to work tomorrow and i've had pink eye for 2 days already, my eyes are better but still watery and burning (i am on prescribed medication). How can i get them 100% by 4 o'clock ...

Butterfly
Help! My family wants to get a dog, but I am allergic to dogs!?
A couple of years ago I had a really blocked nose, and went for an allergy test to see what the problem was. The results were that I am allergic to dust (severely) and also quite allergic to dogs. At the time, we didn't have any pet dogs, so it wasn't a problem (only the dust was). But now (2 years later), my whole family are intent on getting a cute little puppy dog. I keep reminding them that I am allergic to dogs but they don't seem to care. They don't want to get any other animal. They want a dog. They are planning to get it in the next week.
I know that some dogs have hair or whatever that can cause allergies, but all dogs have allergy causing proteins in their saliva (and all dogs love to lick people), so whatever type of dog we get, i will still be allergic to it. Also, my parents are ok with letting the dog inside the house - just to the kitchen and dining area. Obviously if it is in there i will get licked to death - no matter what i do i cant avoid it.

I already have really bad dust allergy and I don't want to have more allergies with the inclusion of a dog in our house. Please help me! How can I change my parents' mind?
Additional Details
Coachcrt,
you obviously don't have allergies...
My nose is so blocked that I can't even breathe through it and can't sleep properly at night..allergy meds don't help much

Sydney
get allergy shots! or get a chihuahua.

emmmuh<3
Rating
tell your parents how you feel.. and why the **** would they ever even get something they KNEW you were allergic to????? dont you think that thats just a LITTLE weird????

Izzy N
Rating
Tell them if they give a crap about you they wouldn't get a dog. Show them this post even. I don't care if you show this I dont know your family. Good luck.

Mirca
Rating
I think it's a Bichon Frise... there is a type of dog, a couple actually, that are supposedly ok for people with dog allergies. Research this and then tell them that if they insist on getting a dog to please get this or that type.
Good Luck :(
Allergies are rated on a scale of 1 - 4, I think. If you are a 3 or 4 it would be dangerous for you to live in a house with a dog.

Here, I found a site for you. "Hypoallergenic Dogs" (lol)

http://allergies.about.com/od/animalandpetallergy/tp/hypoaller_dog.htm

pattya22
slap them! Here I'll do it...

LadyMady
Yorkshire Terriers and Poodle do not shed and have little dander. If the dogs are bathed weekly there should be little risk of an allergic reaction.

krishan s
convince you family to not to tame dog if still they want ask them to put out side frome home in garage or in othe available part of house which you use less .

Sarha Z
Rating
same i am i always get that when i go near dust and fur, maybe you should tell your parents or beg them. lol

Abijigoku
There are dogs that you can get that won't cause a reaction, my friend has an allergy and he got a chihuahua shitzu mix and he doesn't shed and is the cutest and friendly thing

there are hypoallergenic dog out there... tell them it is cool with you as long as it is a dog you doesn't shed and will not let your allergies act up.

My source has a list.

HELP
hmmm... wow your story is the complete opposite of mine XD
well your parents are stubborn heh.. tell them to make a dog house outside and don't let him in ..or you can maybe get rid of the dog or sale it ..actually maybe that's not such a good idea ...you could try the dog for a week and maybe your not allergic to him after all you never know
Good luck with that. :)

Julia
Rating
If your family INSISTS on getting a dog, you could steer them in the direction of a hypoallergenic dog. There are many different breeds and it would fit both lifestyles.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/allergy.htm

Here's a website with a list of hypoallergenic dog breeds...
good luck!

Barbara
There are actually some dogs with very low dander levels, so that people with allergies can be very comfortable with them as pets.

A poodle is one such example. I'm not sure if there's a particular type of poodle that is better than others; that might be the case.

I know this is true because of someone in my family who has severe animal allergies but loves dogs and found that a poodle works very well in her home. I hope you can get your family to consider this.

Best of luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy