Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

Household Substitution for Chap Stick?
Household Food S...

Upset What Can I Do? I Had To Get Rid Of My Kids Because The Cats Were Allergic :(?

Additional Details
No, it is what it says.

I got rid of my kids because my cats were allergic....

Allergic to toilet paper!?
Okay- I have learned that I am very allergic to the Cottonelle and Albertsons Brands. I think I may be sensitive to Charmin (but not as bad)

Have you had this problem? What brand works for ...

Stylish Medical ID Bracelets?
I'm a teenage guy with a DEADLY (insert cheesy "dum dum DUM!!!" here) food allergy.

Anyway i'd feel safer with a Medical ID (or medic alert? not sure the correct term) ...

Peanut allergy question!?
I found out that I'm allergic to peanuts about 1 month ago. Whenever I eat peanuts I get a horrible stomach cramp that takes the longest time to go away, and I get really tired.
On Sunday, I...

What would be the causes of viginal yeast infection?

Is Marijuana related to ragweed?and if so if someone allergic to ragweed smoked pot what would happen??

My husband constantly clears his throat - it is driving me insane. The Dr. can't find a problem.What is it?
It happens about every 5-10 minutes. He says it feels like there is always flem in his throat. When he lies down for bed it goes away????...

Is it possible to have asthma problems from food allergies?
Is it possible for food allergies to cause problems with asthma? I have asthma from allergies. But I think I may have found my main trigger for asthma attacks. Very strange. I have never been able to ...

Constant nosebleeds?
for the past few days, I've been having nosebleeds (like 1 every day) they don't last very long, but why am I suddenly getting nosebleeds? Thanks. (note, i've never had this string of ...

What home remedy can i use for a stopped up nose, im tired of sprays?

Swollen eye lid?
I woke up with a swollen eye lid. It's REALLY puffy and extends to almost my eyebrow. It's almost 5 times its regular size. I have college to go to and it's really important that I go. ...

Can I give my dog benidryl allergy medicine that is taken by me?
he is a 12 pd peekapoo 11 yrs old with ...

Why am i getting these itchy bumps on my face?
I think I'm allergic to something but i don't know what. I get these bumps on my face that aren't normally pink or red but just skin-toned, although there is an occasional pink bump. A...

Can farm animals suffer with hay fever?
Can't say I've ever noticed a cow having a sneezing fit, but I've seen a few sheep with runny noses....

What can I use to get rid of cat dander on a chair?
I'm allergic to cats and my mom gave me this recliner chair. I vaccumed it and sprayed it but still sneeze everytime I sit in it. So whats best to use to clean it?...

My eyes are itching and burning?
are yours and what are you taking for it. I have to take Claritin for mine.Help me out which is the ...

Would this be sinus infection or sinusitis or is that the same thing?
For about 7 days now I have had (sorry to be graphic) but I have had extremely thick yellowish brown mucous coming out of my nose but I have to blow soooo hard to even get anything to come out, I ...

How can you avoid the flu this winter?
How can you avoid the flu thid winter?...

Sneezing ?
When you sneeze why does putting your finger under your nose stop you from sneezing?...

desii
Dry cough remedies for 6 year old child?
My don is 6 year old and he get a dry cough more often especially during winter time. I tried all kind medicine but does not work any thing on him. I am looking some one advise me a home remedies.

Amanda P
There is this stuff that melts in your mouth called Juinor Strength Rapid Tabs for 6-11 year olds. They are at all Walgreens in the drug sections , I guess. Check it out. But, try a doctor if it's a dry cough.

zachattack1287
demtapp with cough surpressent works and it will taste yummy

Henna
tylenol. cough and cold.

had to buy some the other day too

lana b
I too have a 6 yr old whom I don't like to give cough syrup to. Before she goes to bed, I massage VICKS on her feet and put socks on them. This seems to get rid of her cough for the night. I read a doctors column which it was suggested, and it works wonderfully!! Good luck.

elaeblue
Rating
Water - he needs more water in his system.

mp3
the dry heat from the heater is probably your problem. get a humidifier

John B
Rating
Best way to treat a "dry cough" without medicine is to use "Vicks Vapo-Rub" and to hydrate the air. You want your child to drink allot of clear liquids, and at the same time run a "Steamer" in the air to add moisture. You can add Vicks Vapo-Rub to the steam, but also spread Vapo-Rub on your childs chest. Maintaining steam and Vicks will make your child very comfortable "VERY SAFELY", without using hard drug medicines. The Food and Drug Administration this week put out a warning that cold and cough medicines ARE NOT recommended for small children and caution should be used with children up to 11 because of potential for overdosage.

J.R.
Please add some detail on what you've tried...

A humidifier in his bedroom would be highly suggested. Walmart has Holmes Humidifier starting at $24usd.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5131254

Hydration is a huge factor in the body's system for making mucus and saliva - the two things that aren't present in a dry throat.. Orange juice and grapefruit juice dramatically helps this situation but do not over do the citreic acid.. Low citric acid OJ is available. Also if you can find it, the orange drink of the astronauts is TANG and it should do the very same thing!

Anything in the mouth will create saliva, so sugar free lollipops should be in constant supply as they can't spoil an appitite.

Hope this info coming from a dad and someone in the nursing profession helps you

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy