Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

When was the first time you ate mangos?

If someone who is allergic to dairy, consumes dairy. Can they eat something to ease the allergic reaction?
Basically I have had this weird cough for over a month, and I've been on antibiotics amongst other things... Nothing is worked. So I'm starting to think I might be allergic to dairy......

Does milk cause diarrhea?
what does/doesnt?...

Every single time I eat cucumbers, bananas, and carrots my throat gets itchy immediately. Why is that?
Am I allergic to them or what is the deal?...

How do I get rid of a constant cough?
I have had this cough for a while. It's not contagious, no ones gotten it including my boyfriend. I'm sure it's a sinus drip and with School just starting I have no time to go to the ...

Does any one know any good medicens or technics to get rid of a really bad after cold cough?

Why would hot chocolate always give me a stomach ache?
Choclate flavored instant breafast mixes do the same thing. I don't have any allergies and am not lactose intolerate....

I get a sinus infection every other month. Anyone know how to stop this?

Can allergies past from a mothers breast milk to her nursing child?

How do you cure psoriasis? what medicines/treatment should one undergo? is it contagious?

I swolled toilet cleaner only a mouthful though, its that "iritant" one what would it do if its only a small??
the toilet cleaner is:

"duck"

it includes "Irritant"...5% non-ionic surfactants/ also contains perfume, benzyl salicylate, hexyl cinnamal.

750ml<...

How do I keep myself from getting sinusitis when I go jogging?
It's never cold out when I go running....

Am i lactose intolerant?
I felt nausios before i was a vegan
then i became a vegan and i felt great...
but i am now a vegetarian and i drink and eat dairy products... tasty but my stomach aches have returned
<...

What do you do if you are allergic to cats buy own one?
My sister is allergic to cats. Her eyes start to swell up, they start to ger red and itchy, and she snezzes alot when she is around a cat. The thing is we own a cat. What do we do?...

What kind of testing is needed after a severe allergic reaction to a prescription medication?
My daughter was given the wrong medication by our pharmacy. Which caused a severe allergic reaction(Rash). I'm trying to find out what other testing needs to be done to ensure that no other ...

Can gabapentin drugs cause a serious skin allergy?
i was taking gabapentin for gbs and my skin has broke out in a serious ...

What is anaphylaxis? What causes anaphylaxis?

Allergy Shots ??
How Effective Are Allergy Shots? How Long Can They Keep Allergys Away For? Can You Still Suffer From Small Allergic Reactions Even After You Have The Shots Like Swollen Eyes Runny Nose Ect.. ??...

I am border line asthmatic and love summer time, but ............?
the air conditioners, slightest temperature change, or when I wake up I can not breathe and go into coughing fits. The doctors say they can't prescribe me anything because it's not asthma; ...

Ten days after sinus surgery fever persists and doctor says its no cause for concern. What should I do?
When Dr examined me 8 days later he said that the extended fever was my metabolism. He was not concerned. I am whipped out from low grade fever. After exam he found no evidence of infection or ...

RunningBear
Does fresh pineapple make everyone's tongue go really tingly and oversensitive for hours, or am I allergic?
And if I'm allergic to pineapple, are there other things I should watch out for too? (E.g. people who are allergic to apples may also be allergic to pears, peaches and cherries.)

Singa
Ya, it is normal. especially if you eat the not so yellowish type. Maybe next time you go for more ripe pineapple and try putting abit of salt or light sauce over it. It will blend the tingly effect I think. By the way, don't eat too much pineapple a week as it tends to cleanse your stomach.

Amy W
Rating
That is normal. Pineapple has some chemical in it that attacks protein, which is what you feel. Don't worry about it, it won't hurt you. This is why you can't put fresh pineapple in a Jello mold; the chemical stops the Jello from setting. (Canned pineapple is fine to use in Jello)

lovinlife
Rating
Oh my gosh. Do NOT listen to the people who say its not an allergy. This definitely sounds like you are having reactions. I have multiple food allergies including an allergy to pineapple. Please be careful. i would say stop eating it an d talk to your doctor about what happens after you eat it. You may have allergies to other foods also.
Seriously BE careful

Tigger
You're probably allergic: I've been eating a lot of pineapple lately and haven't had the tingly tongue.

intelex
Rating
*Sigh. You get all kinds of interesting answers on Y!A, lol.

Okay, here is how you can tell... fresh pineapple contains enzymes called proteases. Proteases break down (digest) proteins. Since your tongue is made up of lots of protein, then eating lots of tasty, fresh pineapple can make your tongue tender. This is why pineapple is included in many meat-heavy feasts (think Hawaii). The fresher the pineapple, the more protease that will be present. So, this process of tenderness is a given.

When pineapple is canned, it goes through a process called autoclaving to kill bacteria and spores so it will be safe for many years. This process also destroys the protease enzymes. This process could also potentially destroy the protein fragment that you may have an allergy to.

Bottom line... if you have the sensation with fresh pineapple and not with canned, then you probably don't have an allergy. If you do for both, then there is a better chance that you do have an allergy.

Then, you would take two Benedryll thirty minutes before, and eat the canned pineapple again. If the sensation does not appear for a few hours (when it did before), then that would suggest you do have allergies.

I hope this answers your question.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy