Ya, it is normal. especially if you eat the not so yellowish type. Maybe next time you go for more ripe pineapple and try putting abit of salt or light sauce over it. It will blend the tingly effect I think. By the way, don't eat too much pineapple a week as it tends to cleanse your stomach.
That is normal. Pineapple has some chemical in it that attacks protein, which is what you feel. Don't worry about it, it won't hurt you. This is why you can't put fresh pineapple in a Jello mold; the chemical stops the Jello from setting. (Canned pineapple is fine to use in Jello)
Oh my gosh. Do NOT listen to the people who say its not an allergy. This definitely sounds like you are having reactions. I have multiple food allergies including an allergy to pineapple. Please be careful. i would say stop eating it an d talk to your doctor about what happens after you eat it. You may have allergies to other foods also.
Seriously BE careful
You're probably allergic: I've been eating a lot of pineapple lately and haven't had the tingly tongue.
*Sigh. You get all kinds of interesting answers on Y!A, lol.
Okay, here is how you can tell... fresh pineapple contains enzymes called proteases. Proteases break down (digest) proteins. Since your tongue is made up of lots of protein, then eating lots of tasty, fresh pineapple can make your tongue tender. This is why pineapple is included in many meat-heavy feasts (think Hawaii). The fresher the pineapple, the more protease that will be present. So, this process of tenderness is a given.
When pineapple is canned, it goes through a process called autoclaving to kill bacteria and spores so it will be safe for many years. This process also destroys the protease enzymes. This process could also potentially destroy the protein fragment that you may have an allergy to.
Bottom line... if you have the sensation with fresh pineapple and not with canned, then you probably don't have an allergy. If you do for both, then there is a better chance that you do have an allergy.
Then, you would take two Benedryll thirty minutes before, and eat the canned pineapple again. If the sensation does not appear for a few hours (when it did before), then that would suggest you do have allergies.