Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

Am i allergic to chocolate???
ok so the past week after i eat chocolate, i get a really bad stomachache!!!!!! and ive been eating chocolate all my life this just suddenly came on! what could it be??? im on no meds of any ...

Which one kills you faster?
Alcohol, Drugs,Tobacco. What do you you think? I think we all are going to die why not do wateva you want!...

Is it true that every time you swallow a piece of gum, it takes 7 years to digest? Please help me!!?

Can You die from an allergic reaction to sulfites?

Is it possible to be allergic to water?
I've heard of this, but don't know if there's such an allergy that exists. Because water is in almost everything, people with this allergy wouldn't be able to live. Can people be ...

Do you think this summer has been harder on most ppl with asthma?

What are symptoms of a cat allergy?
i just pet my cat and a few minutes later my throught was sore and i'm having a bit of trouble breathing (nothing major) and this has happened before but i never connected the two together. Are ...

I have this bump near my ear and it hurts but i don't know what it is.?
Ok right near my left ear there is a small bump. I have no idea how i got it but it hurts if i press on it. If i squeeze it, it feels round. I had one on the back of my ear once, it eventually went ...

What are some home remedies for sinus congestion?

What is the best way to treat sinus problem without surgeries??
The best product that cure sinus effectively? I am allergic to sea food which cause me to sneeze and my face feel itchy.....

Does anyone know anything about LAYTEX ALERGIES???
Does anyone know anything about LAYTEX ALLERGIES?? i think i might have it cuz i need more info and i dunno what to do?...

Am i allergic to chocolate?
Hi, ages ago i read in a magazine about this girl when ever she ate chocolate her lips started to burn and she went to the doctors and they told her she was allergic to chocolate but the same sort of ...

Allergy remedies?
16 y/o girl. I have been suffering from SEVERE nasal allergies for about 3 years now, I have tried OTC and prescription meds, and nothing works for more then 2 weeks. Its like having a cold ALL YEAR. ...

Inside the nose?
I just had sinus problems. Now that i can breath, i feel this tickling sensation in my nose that will not go away. Everytime i breath inside the left nostrile i can feel that tingling sensation. What ...

Is anyone else here allergic to...............?
sodium laureth sulphate or sodium lauryl sulphate?
i am and ive just used a new shower gel to test it out. lets just say its not good. :-(
Additional Details
no actually, my whole ...

What kind of mattress/pillow cover to stop dust mites?
I've seen some that are vinyl (cheapest), polypropylene, and cotton (most expensive). But I've also read that cotton doesn't work 100% against dust mite feces (which is actually what ...

I've had this cold for 2 months, going to its 3. anyone help please?
okay so, i've had this cold of mine for about 2 months now, going into its 3 months. Is this anything serious? i have a blocked nose, and then at times like every 40 minutes or hour, i cough. ...

What could be the cause of continuous sinus infections?
I have literally had a sinus infection every month for going on a year...I take antibiotics and it clears up...and then it's back again in 3 weeks. Any ideas why? How about alternate medicines? A...

What is acute exacerbation of bronchial asthma?
my husband had admitted to the hospital due to breathing trouble and severe cold. The discharge summary specifies that my hubby had diagnosed by acute exacerbation of bronical ashtma. due to ...

Speading bug bites on my 2yr old?
My 2 yr old has numorous bites on her arms and legs... Her wrists are swollen and they are red with a white center. She is allergic to mosiqtos but these look nothing like that and she didnt have ...

Qelery
Do you think this will make my post-nasal drip go away?
When it comes to my sinuses I have two choices, to keep it stuffed or to keep it open. I take singing lessons and haven't been able to practice consistently for the past month. Having a stuffed nose gets in the way and stops me from reaching my full potential. When I take Zyrtec (bad dust allergy) and use a Neti pot (nasal irrigation), my sinuses are completely clear but I start to have post-nasal drip. The post-nasal's mucus irritates my vocal cords making them sore. I used to be able to have my sinuses clear without the post-nasal, but it just showed up one day. I ask my family doctor about it, and she perscribed Flonase. I haven't gotten it yet, but in case it doesn't work, should I go back to my doctor or should I find an allergist?

Ripper460
To stop the post nasal drip I would recommend you stop using nasal sprays because it causes a rebound effect on your nose which causes that post nasal drip and then you will start coughing. For allergies just take benadryl and for sinus take sudafed or you can find benadryl with sinus. Actually since you want it away while you do something forget the benadryl and use zyrtec.

butterfly35
your post nasal drip wont go away unless you address the problem. you have both allergic hinitis and sinusitis. you have take zyrtec for 2 weeks and your nasal spray for at least 3 to 6 months. its not just plai medication, you also have to control your environment allegens.if this does not work, it would be best to see an allergist .

oldknowitall
Rating
The Flonase is good and may help you. I want to share a sinus cleaner with you that I have found to be the best of anything I have ever used. It is a homeopathic solution called Sinus Cleanser and can be bought on line at www.SinusCleanser.com or call 800-247-6553. I don't recall the price, but it is worth every penny.

Laura
I know if you need to break up the mucous; try taking Mucinex. Its now over the counter. I have been taking Sudafed its a decongestant. Right now I'm still having sinus infection trouble you might have to get an antibiotic if your drainage is greenish though. It might go away once you get to the root of the problem. You might have to call your doctor for a script if nothing else works. Good luck*

thormale
Rating
Find an allergist of the Flonase doesn't work. You may have to take shots.
In the meantime:

Use Allergy medications Carefully

There are tons of over-the-counter medicines out there. Make sure you read the directions and use them carefully. Especially be careful with those that cause drowsiness. Be smart about driving and other things when you take them.

Wear a Face Mask

Facemasks can really help people with bad allergies. Wear a mask while doing allergy-irritating projects, like:
• Mowing the lawn
• Cleaning a dusty attic
• Vacuuming
• Cleaning the bathroom
• Changing the bedding
• Grooming your pet

Avoid Alcohol
Alcohol can worsen nasal allergies. It stimulates mucus production, aggravating nasal congestion and runny nose. So think twice about drinking. And remember to never mix alcohol with allergy medication.

Use Filters
Placing filters over heating and cooling vents can help alleviate allergies. Vent filters can trap airborne particles like dirt, lint, dust mites and hair. Filters aren’t very expensive and can be found at any hardware store.

Shower Before Bed
Showering and washing your hair before going to bed can greatly reduce your night-time allergies. During the day, you can get dust mites, pollen and even mold on your skin and hair. Showering at night will keep these things out of your bed.

Avoid Smoke
This may sound like a no-brainer, but many people don’t realize how smoking tobacco can actually make their allergies worse. Smoking weakens your immune system, making it easier to be effected by allergens. Also keep in mind that the air around people who smoke actually makes a great place for mold to grow.

kristyark
We all have post-nasal drip, but allergies, sinus infection, and certain food cause it to be thicker and then we feel it. I take Robitussin DM (Expectorant) to thin it so I don't feel it as much. It would be good to see an allergist.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, September 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy