Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

I can't stop sneezing!?
I've been sneezing and sniffing all day. I cannot just seem to stop. I have a choral concert tonight for a grade for school, so I need to be there looking my best.

How can I stop ...

Help me please!?
i have a runny nose, and the stuff inside is all clear and liquidy! its gross. i hafta sniffle every 2 min or so. and it's all gross. i sneeze a lil, but is this allegies? is clear thin mucus ...

How come my throat hurts when I drink?

I sniffed a flower at Wal-Mart and I sneezed, can I sue??

If you are allergic to dogs, does it mean you are probably allergic to cats also?
I would like to get a cat. i have been around dogs and cats all of my life with no problems. All of a sudden every time I am around dogs I start sneezing and my eyes get all itchy and red. My throat ...

Allergy tablets?
We got 2 kittens lately and sometimes they make me sneeze! They're very cute so don't want to get rid of them but does anyone know how allergy tablets work and what are the best ones ...

Runny nose!!!?
i need a cure for runny noses ...

MY daughter has allergies. I have cats what can I do to make her comfortable when she visits?

Help, bad allergy treatments?
I am highly allergic to almost everything in the springtime, from flowers, trees, dust, pollen, etc.
I have tried many different nasal sprays and pills (and all sorts of combos of the two) but ...

I have constant sinus infections and constant headaches. What should I do?
My sinus infections come about every other week and i have about 3 headaches a week....

Question about hives?
yesterday i had an allergic reaction to something and when i woke up hives were on my stomach arms breast chest area and and my thighs and on my back so i took benadryl and it did nothing so i was ...

How do you work out what allergies you have?
I have no idea what allergies I have. is it possible to discover what allergies you have though ...

I get sick 3 times a year at certain times is this allergies?
I get sick every year about right now, at christmas and near the end of school. Is this allergies? Its runny nose and sore throat. My snot is whitehish clear....

Cheese intolerance?
Is it possible to have an intolerance to cheese, but not to milk? I know it sounds like a strange question as cheese is made form milk.
I drink a small amount of milk in my tea, but don't ...

I allergic to penicillin...?
when i start driving is there something i sould do or buy (like a keychain or something) to let people know in case of an accident that i can't have penicillin???
Additional Details

Any suggestions for severe nasal congestion caused by bad allergies?

How do I stop the symptoms of my allergies?
I live in Northern New Jersey, and last year was when I first learned that I had outdoor allergies. I am experiencing red eyes and a runny nose, and I'm sick of it. I have to go outside a lot ...

How can food allergies be so life-threatening that one goes to the ER? Why not minor aches and pain?
Why can't people with food allergies suffer minor aches and pains? Instead, they suffer serious and severe pain to a point that one needs to go to emergency room. It can be so deadly that ...

Can you die if you drink laundry detergent?
my friend thought that itd be funny to put laundry detergent in my ...

My sis is Allergic to my cat, is there any way to get a hypoallergetic cat?
My sister goes away to college during the year but everytime she comes back her allergies get worse. It isnt a normal allergy, like she doesn't sneeze, get a blocked nose it's much worse. S...

tella
Do you get allergic to bees if they sting you more then 3 times????

Monique Attinger
You don't develop allergies just because you are frequently exposed. You develop allergies because your immune system is sensitive and may have a predisposition to it.

You do not become allergic to a substance before you are exposed to it. Therefore, the person who said that you would know on the first bite is not necessarily correct. It will depend on whether the first exposure is sufficient for your body to begin an allergic reaction, as the exposure continues (because it takes some time for the bee venom to move out of your system.)

I've personally been stung more than 3 times, and have no allergy to bee stings.

Normefoo
Rating
nope there would be no bee keepers

Debby B
I have been stung by bees and wasps more than 3 times and no allergies- some get an allergy w one sting- so it varies from person to person and some never get allergic- take care-D

lonetraveler
Rating
Not necessarily it can come on anytime, and believe me it always hurts bad bad.

Jana
Rating
You can, and can no. It's likely that you will. But some people never get allergic.

FX_Make-upArtist
No.

nonameplease
Rating
Actually, the answer is yes, you can be allergic, but it does not develop from being stung multiple times. You are either allergic or you are not. However, the first few times you are stung, you may not experience much of a reaction. The reaction may get worse every time you are stung. Also, many times people are not allergic to bees, but are allergic to wasps, yellow jackets, or hornets, commonly mistaken for honey bees.

I myself am allergic to yellow jackets, hornets, and fire ants. I know for a fact, that each time I am stung the reaction gets worse, and I did not have a bad reaction the first time I was stung. I would strongly suggest seeing a doctor or an allergist. I have to get allergy shots every week, and I carry an epi-pen, to prevent a life-threatening reaction.

Snout
No. Allergies can come on at any time, or never. Never is the most common. My next door neighbour keeps bees, and I get stung four or five times a year.

farmagedon
no. on the contrary, some people who are allergic become less so over time when they have been bitten a few times and build up a resistance.

blue
Rating
No. If you're allergic, you'll know about it the first time.

Buzz s
You may get allergic after the first sting or after that. It depends on you. Some people get allergic reactions if a number of bees sting at once.

john e russo md
You may become allergic to a bee sting if you are stung only once BUT 99.99% of bee stings do not result in bee allergy thus whether you are stung 3 or 300 times you are not likely to develop an allergy. If you do become allergic to bee stings you should carry an anti histamine loratadine which is available in an oral disintegrating tablet (so you do not need to swallow it) and your physician will prescribe something called an Epi-Pen which delays a reaction until you are able to seek medical attention. As a youngster I stepped on a bee's nest and was stung hundreds of times but I am not allergic to bee stings and I do not mind bees.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, October 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy