Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

My allergies have been driving me insane what to do?
I can't hardly function I am rubbing my eyes, sneezing and blowing/wiping my nose so much! I have tried several different things the 24 hour claritin, a sinus allergy medicine and they didn'...

If you were allergic to meat???
ofcourse there is eggs, rice and pasta but, what else?? You need protein!! What would YOU eat?...

Is it dangerous to be breathing in my house while the wall is green from water getting in?
Its like grosse, it kinda smells too, is it bad to inhale mold, ...

Ok i just got tested havent got the results back yet but......?
what do you think the chances are for me to have asthma im just wondering what you think , my doctor has said i have the syntoms for it so what do you think?
Additional Details
syntoms: ...

What is the best allergy medicne ?

Additional Details
mostly like hay fever I guess they call it, like the pollen and stuff in the air, can't avoid it :(...

How do you get rid of a cold faster?
I have a really sore throat and have a cold. I have orange juice, benedryl, cough drops,allergy tablets, vix, suphedrine, and cold-eeze cough drops. What would be the best to use and is there ...

Can a childhood allergic reaction return in adulthood? Hives?
I have a medical question. When I was 12 till about 18 years of age I had a terrible reaction to "something" which resulted in itchy hives all over the back of my arms and thighs. I ...

My dog has lots of lumps on nose which are bleeding and seem to irritate her could this be allergy?

If a Mosquito bit and took blood while you were stoned,would insect also get stoned/drunk?. Paul Miller Thanks

Trying to stop drinking coffee?
On average everday I have a cup of coffee to start my day, on weekends usually more. I decided to quit drinking coffee,for many different reasons and after about the 3rd day I felt like I couldn'...

How can i cool my body? sometimes in midnight I am feel like burning, and itching starts. Allergy?

Anxiety or allergies?
i started breaking out with (what looks like)hives, SOB, and swelling lymph nodes. Even stranger than this....when i have these episodes...confusion, and lumps (quarter size) also develop on my scalp ...

Advice Please! I think my son has skin allergies.?
My son has had skin issues all of his life. He breaks out into this red itchy rash all over. It is always worse in the spring and summer. It's still around the rest of the year, just not as bad. ...

How does someone get rid of allergies?

I had a reaction to lobster! Should I not eat any shellfish or just lobster?
I had a reaction to lobster when I was a kid. I ate one bite and broke out in hives. Then, 20 years later, I had an entire lobster and had a very bad reaction. My throat was so swolen I could barely ...

Could I be lactose intolerant?
I have never had problems eating dairy products, but lately, I have had really bad gas pains and I think it is from having cereal and milk for breakfast and then a few hours later at school, the ...

Hay fever, anyone else have it?
Hi All, I've never had hay fever until I came to Cambridgeshire and I live by a rape seed oil field and my allergies havegone crazy. I went to the doctor and he told me to buy some allergy ...

Is it ok to take benadryl for a peanut related allergic reaction?
My girlfriend is having trouble breathing. I think it may be from a meal she ate that was prepared in peanut oil. She has worried in the past that she may have a slight peanut allergy....

Allergic to alcohol ... Cures?
Well I know IM ALERGIC TO CERTAIN types of alchol
because...
After drinking hard liqur (Jack / Henny / Black Label ect.)

My feet start feeling hot / warm , then the next day ,...

"how can I tell I'm allergic to cats?

Additional Details
I have had 2 cats for years. Recently since my son brought another cat my nose is constantly running and burning. I can't tell if it is something else or the ...

tha_devil13
Do kiwi-fruits burn your mouths? I have grown up thinkin that they burn evryone until recently. Am I allergic?

sanja
I think that any reaction like this means that you are allergic, and it is dangerous to eat it, because it might get worse . Trouble with breathing, as someone mentioned above, is a very serious sign that someone is allergic to a certain food!

julie
Kiwi-fruit has never burnt my mouth, i haven't know this, but i do believe some people are allergic to some fruits...

D B
no but you are sensitive to the compounds in them

lydja
Pineapples make me feel like my lips are on fire, and tomatoes make my mouth sore, think is the chemicals in them that make it this way.

sowing girl
when i ate kiwi my lips swollen up so i dont touch them now

Blueberry Cheesecake
yes same here! also fresh pineapple and some tomatoes do!

Im also allergic to red wine and elastoplast :-/

busybee2
could be oral allergy syndrome. I have never had probs with kiwi, but walnuts cause me mouth ulcers.

It is a Cross-reactivity...Oral allergy syndrome is due to a cross-reactivity between plant proteins from pollen and fruits or vegetables. When a child or adult with pollen allergy eats a fresh fruit or vegetable, the immune system sees the similarity and causes an allergic reaction. Interestingly, many patients with oral allergy syndrome can eat the same fruits or vegetables when they are cooked. The cooking process changes the protein enough that the immune system does not recognize the food as being the same as the pollen anymore.

Kiwi is mugwort (others Celery, apple, kiwi, peanut, fennel, carrots, parsley, coriander, sunflower, peppers)

Birch: Apples, pears, peaches, apricots, cherries, plums, nectarines, prunes, kiwi, carrots, celery, potatoes, peppers, fennel, parsley, coriander, parsnips, hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts

or Latex: Bananas, avocado, kiwi, chestnut, papaya

read more at: http://www.chop.edu/consumer/jsp/division/generic.jsp?id=77903

Ellen
Certain fresh fruit contain an enzyme that some people are more sensative to then others. I have a big problem with fresh pineapple and I too have a mild problem with kiwi. I am not sure if this is a real allergy or just a sensativity but either way you will need to be careful as this can get worse. If I eat too much fresh pineapple I have trouble breathing.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy