i started breaking out with (what looks like)hives, SOB, and swelling lymph nodes. Even stranger than this....when i have these episodes...confusion, and lumps (quarter size) also develop on my scalp ...
I had a reaction to lobster when I was a kid. I ate one bite and broke out in hives. Then, 20 years later, I had an entire lobster and had a very bad reaction. My throat was so swolen I could barely ...
I think that any reaction like this means that you are allergic, and it is dangerous to eat it, because it might get worse . Trouble with breathing, as someone mentioned above, is a very serious sign that someone is allergic to a certain food!
Kiwi-fruit has never burnt my mouth, i haven't know this, but i do believe some people are allergic to some fruits...
no but you are sensitive to the compounds in them
Pineapples make me feel like my lips are on fire, and tomatoes make my mouth sore, think is the chemicals in them that make it this way.
when i ate kiwi my lips swollen up so i dont touch them now
yes same here! also fresh pineapple and some tomatoes do!
Im also allergic to red wine and elastoplast :-/
could be oral allergy syndrome. I have never had probs with kiwi, but walnuts cause me mouth ulcers.
It is a Cross-reactivity...Oral allergy syndrome is due to a cross-reactivity between plant proteins from pollen and fruits or vegetables. When a child or adult with pollen allergy eats a fresh fruit or vegetable, the immune system sees the similarity and causes an allergic reaction. Interestingly, many patients with oral allergy syndrome can eat the same fruits or vegetables when they are cooked. The cooking process changes the protein enough that the immune system does not recognize the food as being the same as the pollen anymore.
or Latex: Bananas, avocado, kiwi, chestnut, papaya
read more at: http://www.chop.edu/consumer/jsp/division/generic.jsp?id=77903
Certain fresh fruit contain an enzyme that some people are more sensative to then others. I have a big problem with fresh pineapple and I too have a mild problem with kiwi. I am not sure if this is a real allergy or just a sensativity but either way you will need to be careful as this can get worse. If I eat too much fresh pineapple I have trouble breathing.