Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

Could someone who is allergic to strawberries still eat strawberry flavored things?
I get hives whenever I eat strawberries. I don't like the flavor of strawberry but we don't always get what we want. Anyways, would eating a product (such a pudding or cereal) with dried ...

Is this an allergic reaction to penicillin?
He has been takin a course of penicillin since thursday for his tonsilitis,but yesterday woke up with red patches under his eyes,today they've got worse and look very sore. Could this be an ...

Can allergies develop suddenly?
Just recently I have been sneezing an awful lot and getting rashes on my skin. I thought at first it might be hayfever, and thought nothing of it. But today, I spent the day at my boyfriend's ...

What should i do?
my allergies are killing me and my medicines exprired,and my nose is always running like a dumb sink and i'm sneezing like theres no tomorrow so please help ...

What are nose bugers composed of?
this is a serious question cause some people eat ...

What are people allergic to??
I'm allergic to... Peanuts, shellfish, beef, veal, pork, dairy products, caffeine and animal hair!! It can be SOOOO annoying sometimes! I want to hear of other peoples allergys!! I feel so ...

If you always feel very itchy after taking bath...what is dat mean?
is that because of ur skin condition or allergies with something?
Additional Details
sometimes also appear some rashea sunddenly after taking ...

My girlfriend is allergic to cats and my roommate has a cat. what can I do to lessen the affect on my girlfri

Is it true people are often allergic to gluten or at all?
What are the side-effects of eating gluten if your allergic?...

Is it posible to be alergic to shampoo?
for over a year i have noticed that after i was my hair
my head itches bad
i use more then one and all do that.
even the dandruff shampoos
my school nurse says its psyosis but i ...

Should I leave it or take it off?
My bedspread is the most comfortable thing ever and I love to sleep with it. If my doctor told me that I might be alergic to the goose feathers inside the bedspread and I will sneeze a lot, should i ...

Why do people say "Bless You" when you sneeze?
Watched QI last night and they mentioned it but didn't answer the question....

Been ill since Christmas, any advice PLEASE??????
Me, my husband and our 11 month old baby have all been ill since Christmas. We've had colds, coughs, ear infections, tummy bugs, sinus problems etc. I have got another cold now and I have ear ...

Is anyone else allergic to cow milk??
I am allergic to cow milk, I had to have goat milk as a baby (I am now 25.), but i loooooove ice cream, and cereal and stuff like that so i eat it anyway and it always makes me sick to my stomache.<...

Soar Throat When I Wake Up!?
I have ashma and allergies(to amlost everything)

I take Singluar everynight and Ashmanext(sp)

I only take my puffer when i'm sick or been over worked or allergies ...

How do I get rid of a stray cat in our company warehouse?
This is a box warehouse and fellow employees are feeding this thing that I am deathly allergic to. Our customers have started complaining about dirty boxes/products....

Any chocolate candy suggestions for people with peanut allergies?
My toddler has been diagnosed with a peanut allergy and it looks like most of his Halloween candy either has peanuts in it or is processed on equipment where the process other peanut candies. I was ...

HELLPP...MY BODY ITCHES WHY?
Okay my WHOLE body itches. Literally, head to toe. I have not changed soaps, laundry detergant, and I lotion my body A LOT so I do no think it is dry skin.AND it is NOT an allergic reaction. Even my ...

Friend is allergic to cats, I have 4 and she's coming to my party... HELP!?
I'm having a christmas party tommorow, and one of my friends from college who i haven't seen in a while informed my that she is highly allergic to cats. I have four cats. It's kind of ...

Do you have to pay rent?
Kind of a silly question but if your property manager refuses to fix your apartment do you really have to pay rent especially when it is causeing health problems with yourself and your children? We ...

Tim
Can you become allergic to something over a period of time ?
Something you haven't been allergic to before.

georgina m
our bodies have atendency of getting changes once in a while ,so yo find that there was a time u cud take protein but then all of a sudden u get boils when u do or sulphur starts giving you a itch......YES this can happen

lucynlynsey
yes...just like when you begin to like a certain food when you didn't like it before!

delise@flash.net
Absolutely! In fact, you usually become allergic to the things that you are around the most. The more you are exposed to anything, the more likely you are to become allergic to it.

This applies to trees, pollens, weeds, grasses, latex, seafood(iodine), animals, and mold and dust mites. Just really everything.

keepingthefaith
yes--as a matter of fact I was just talking with a lady who developed a peanut allergy at the age of 35. I wasn't aware that this could happen but it can.

Honey X
Rating
Yes, you can after awhile your body says no more and here comes the allergic reaction, to certain foods, clothing, perfumes and of course animals.

curiousgeorge
You can become allergic over time to just about anything. Neither my husband nor myself are allergic to amoxicillin but all 3 children are. They had the antibiotic quite a few times before a mild reaction of red rashes appeared eventually.

bostonchick
Absolutely yes.

mrklcoac2002
yes you can, i wasnt allergic 15 yrs ago but do to having a medical condition, spina-bifida, i now am allergic to latex

~miss mississippi~
Yes,if you are allergic to something you body builds up antibodies over time, and when you come into contact with that substance again, your body will react.

?
Yes, the more times you expose your body to something, the more chances you have of becoming allergic to it. I have never been allergic to peanuts before but 2 days ago was diagnosed with a peanut allergy and I have eaten PB&J sandwiches all my life.

theladylooking
YES as a matter of fact, my grandson was just diagnoised with alergies, The Dr told my daughter the more she keeps the foods out of his diet the better his chances of out growning them, my neices husband had drank milk all of his life, he is in his 30ts, and he has to carry an eppy shot now, because he had an allergic reaction to milk just this past year.

aout
You sure can. I just started experiencing seasonal allergies this year and I'm 24.

Also, when I was younger, I use to take Penicillin. Everything was fine. Then, I was prescribed it and I had a majorly bad reaction to it. My parents had to rush me to the hospital. Now, if I take any form for penicillin it could kill me. I can't even take amoxicillin.

galion2_2000
Rating
yes I believe you can ..my neice has been taking a certain med for awhile now and just last week had an allergic reaction to it

shiara_blade
yup the body can develop all new allergies over time. thats why testing is done a lot. i've been through 5 batches of testing and i'm only 25

_jewel16
Yes you can! I recently became lactose intolerant after only a few months. So, it is possible. Be careful and talk to your doc if you have concerns, you could have a serious reaction if you aren't careful.

mrscmmckim
Definitely. I developed allergies over the past 7 years when I have never been allergic to anything my entire life.

Allergies are an auto immune disorder. When your immune system drops, the chances of your developing allergies increases.

*♥* ♥* FaeGoddess*♥*♥*
yup allergies can start & stop at any time in your life you can also out grow childhood allergies......I broke out in hives anytime I ate strawberries or anything w even the slightest bit of starwberry in it for a long time & now I can eat them as much as I want & have no problems??? dont know why but I know its true, my Doc told me so & well, I experienced it for myself

celerybad
Rating
I'm not an allergist, but my doctors have informed me on a few different occasions that the body needs time to build up antibodies against substances. Sometimes you might eat a certain food or take a certain medication many times before these antibodies form. After never having had a reaction to Ultracet after taking it for 3 months, I suddenly broke out into hives that took a few weeks to subside.

Xhasted Mom of 2
Rating
Unfortunately, I have seen the side effects of that phenomenon. A very close friend of mine suddenly developed an allergy to bee stings and he had never had an allergic reaction ever! The first time he reacted to the bee sting, he had to be hospitalized. He never recovered from the second time he was stung.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy