Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

Fexofenadine(Allegra)?
The doctor just prescribed me Allegra for my hay fever symptoms because Loratadine wasn't helping. Is this stuff effective for those of you who are taking it? Has it helped?...

Went swimming, now I'm sick as a dog ?
My nose is running and I cant stop sneezing. I have a sinus infection too! I went swimming for an hour yesterday night after working out in the weight room at my school. I got in the pool and felt ...

What can I do to treat my Eczema?
I get a flare up every April. This lasts until August. It ruins my summer. Five months of itchy, inflamed skin, particularly on the hands, nose and forehead! I used to see my G.P. every year and she ...

Wierd food allergy?
If I eat chicken from places like Popeye's (chicken that has been raised with hormones and additives), I end up in the hospital with a severely swollen Uvula. However, if I eat all-natural or ...

I was bitten by a Brown Recluse spider!!?
The bite was on my ankle. My calf swelled to twice it's size. The first doctor misdiagnosed it. Two days late I was in the hospital. My leg was a mass of ulcerations and pus. I was out of work ...

I have bad seasonal allergies but I'm weary of medication any home remedies?

How can i test my self for allergies?

Latex allergy?
Allergic to shellfish (tummy ache), bananas (tummy ache), and avocadoes (itchy throat). Allergic to latex? Will I become allergic to latex?...

When was mold discovered?

I'm allergic to something in my house. How can I pinpoint what it is and eliminate it?
I only have these symptoms when I am at home. I haven't brought anything new into the home. This has been going on for three weeks.
Additional Details
by the way, I live in the ...

What's in cat fur?
is there lice ,fleas ,ticks ,any thing that people with allergies would be allergic to?...

What is name of anti-histamine drug which deals with different pollen to loratedine?

Looking for something to help me put eye drops in my eyes?
i am a big baby when it comes to eyedrops i always close my eyes. is there anything out there for big baby eye closers like me?...

After a week of getting bitten by mosquitoes, they are purple?
I have these mosquito bites on my feet, and they arent swollen but they are really tiny but are purple, is it just still have the saliva or whatever makes the area irritated in there? should i do ...

How does eating nuts when pregnant give my baby a nut allergy?

What's the best medicaton for hives?
if they are all over a body and itch and come every day.
it doesn't even have to be a medication it could just be a remedy like rubbing salt and ice on it?...

Could I be allergic to air con?
Hi, a couple of weeks ago our company bought a portable air con system and ever since it makes me itch like mad. I've been worried, because I suffer with eczema and don't want it to flare ...

Should I buy air conditioning or an ionizer or both???
I have mild asthma and just wondering what would be more beneficial. I also have a computer which can make the room really hot at times....

What should I do about fluid stuck in my ears from using a Netipot?

Can enybody help me?
can little girls in age 5-11 years old hav a ...

ju_bean1
Can you be allergic to your period?
can you be allergic to your period for real? i wonder a lot cause i always get like a cold, sore throat or sinus problem every time i have a period. i also swell alot all over and get kinda dizzy too. what the heck is going on?

Rebecca
Rating
I have the same symptoms as you but I think it is part and parcel of PMS i dunno could be wrong.

Liberty Belle
i would find it unusual for you to be allergic to your menses - as is is created by your body - though stranger things have happened in medical history. More likely you could be having a reaction to the change in hormones, causing the cold like symptoms or it could even be a reaction to the products you use to manage your menses such as pads, tampons or medications.

Try http://www.gladrags.com (i think) they sell all natural products. if the symptoms persist, go see your doctor.

fyrie_lady
I dont' know this for sure, but I think its probably because your immune system gets a little tweaked by all of the hormones. I know I almost always feel a bit sick too. I would recommend a vitamin supplement with a lot of iron, it would probably help.

shejam6
Rating
talk to you g.y.n... he can prescribe you something for that... i get sick.. diareah, swell up....

Queen of the Dust Mites
Rating
A true allergic reaction is when your body is producing IgE which is verifiable by a blood test. You aren't allergic to your period, but because of the change in your hormone levels can affect the immune system, you are also more likely to catch a cold. Stress is also another immune system factor. So if you noticed this awhile back and now as your period approaches you stress over whether or not you are going to get sick, the added stress will actually increase the chances of your getting sick. The swelling is common (it is water) so avoid salt around that time. You might want to check your blood pressure to see if low BP is causing the dizziness. Try not to stress over this. Mother Nature says you are going to be doing this every month for while :o)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy