Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

Everyday I've been waking up with gunk in my eyes. Is this just allergies? It's not conjuntivitis.?
It's on my eyelashes and is kinda yellowish....

What are the fastest ways to get red of a cold?
i have a really bad cold and i want to be back to normal as my body finds it hard to get red of things like colds and coughs so i was wondering if any1 knew any ways to get red of ...

What is a the best milk for a lactose intolerant person?
I have tried Lactaid and Dairy Ease and i still get the runs. So any suggestions?...

I just took 10 benadryl, am i gonna be ok?
I took 10 benadryl not too long ago, and i'm a bit worried about what may happen... What should i do?...

Any advice how to cope with really bad hayfever?
i have really bad hayfever. my eyes hurt consantly all the time and i haev to take med for it ...

I am I sick, or do I have a reaction?
Um so right now when I swallow it feels like a have food in my throat, and my chest also hurts aswell as my throat. My throat and chest feel really tight, it started about 7 hours ago. I was doing ...

What works best for seasonal allergies?

Is there any kind of relief for cat allergies?
My boyfriend is allergic to cats, and gets rashes because I have a cat indoors. Is there anything to help someone who has cat allergies & lives with a cat?
Thanks in advance for any advice ...

If you are going to have a bad reaction to a bee sting, what is the time frame?

Why does Coffee, Cheese & Chocolate starts off a migraine?
Everytime I eat Cheese, Chocolate or drink Coffee I always get a migraine. I dont have these foods all at the same time. Why do they start off a migraine?...

How do you know if your allergic to cigarette smoke?
I woke up the next day and my left eye was swallon and my neck itches..could those be symptoms from being allergic to smoke? If not, what would be?...

Do black people get dandriff?

I think i have food allergy, my skin is really itchy and I have rash under my arms and legs. What I should do?
I'm at home and can't get to the doctor at the moment, the rash is red and really itchy. What can I do in the mean time to stop the rash?
Thanks
Additional Details
And ...

I have got a prolonged cough I'm sick and tired of it i have taken enough medicines tel me a permanent cure pl

Why does my face swell up after i eat certain foods?
such as some seafood, cheese, and some sausage.any links in between these ...

I am having a headache what should i do ?

Do allergies make you cough?

How do u treat hives?

Does local honey really provide relief from allergies?
There is a honey company about 150 miles away...or would it have to be closer. Also how much and how many times a day before I notice a difference?...

Husband wont let me get rid of cats and i am getting sick allergic help?
my husband tells me to we have to keep them and he tells me that to go and get shots i dont want to get shots i want to get rid of the cats he refused i am getting sick. upper respitory infections ...

candy c
Can people who are allergic to shellfish eat imitation crab meat?

alwayslarat
Rating
NO NO NO NO NO!!! It is also a shellfish, or eats shellfish.

wadders
Rating
I wouldn't try it, why take the risk

alicias7768
http://www.gale-edit.com/products/volumes/crab_meat.htm

Hmg♥Brd
Rating
Well you know what hun, I used to think that because it says its imitation, that it was all made of products that replicate the "Real Deal" and that it didn't have anything in it that was of anything to do with fish at all, until I saw on the cooking channel, how it's made... There's very little crab in it, but there is indeed actual crab in it... They do however use alot of additives in it, and ever since I saw that I just quit buying it all together.. They even use dye for the coloring to make it look like the "Real Deal".. So, when I found out how much artificial things they used, I simply opted not to continue buying it, for my family at all.. And just buy Real Salmon instead, since I live in a State where real good seafood is hard to come by....... Hope I was of some help to you and your friends or loved ones.... I used to have a friend who was allergic to lobster, and he'd take us all out to eat, and he'd even eat it himself.. And complain while doing it, about how his throat was going to swell up afterwards, but how much he just loved the taste of it. So, it just basically depends upon the person, and how willing they are to go through all of the side effects of eating and enjoying the taste, you know... But imitation crab has very little crab in it, so it shouldn't effect this person (your speaking of ) all too much, if that makes you feel a little better about it.. Smile!!!!

Garfield
It is quite possible that they could indeed safely eat imitation crab meat. It is made from regular fish, not shellfish. My brother has the opposite problem. He is allergic to regular fish but can safely eat shellfish.

kivrin9
Some kinds, yes. Be very VERY careful. If you can eat other kinds of fish besides shellfish you may be ok. Some imitation crabmeat is made of things like cod. Read the ingredients.

Personally, I wouldn't reccommend geting into the habit of eating the imitation kind anyway- what if you're in a restaraunt and they don't know the ingredients of the kind they use? If you get it from a fish counter, the imitation kind is also kept right next to the real kind, and there might be some cross contamination. So even if some of it is technically safe- it's a risk.

Harley
Rating
Imitation crab meat is made out of pollack or cod, a firm white fish. The problem you may want to look out for is how they flavor it. Sometimes they take the shells of crabs and boil them to get real crab flavor. That would be a problem. Read the ingredient label. If it says natural flavor - Look Out.

byron101540
Rating
I dunno

Had a friend that could eat lobster

BUT not the langastino fake that the food service co used and called it lobster,

She made some big $$ on that one

oracle
Rating
Yes. Immitation crab meat has not shellfish in it at all. They take whole gutted, decapatated pollack, and dump them in a centrafuge with water, calcium carbonate and a few other things, and out pops a big block of surimi, aka immitation crab meat. It undergoes both a physical and chemical change.
One of those machines costs $1 million. I use to work on commercial fishing boats in Kodiak, AK.

Valkrygrrl
Rating
i will not say yes or no because im not your doctor and i dont want to get sued.... but Imitation crab meat is typically made out of pollack which is a fish....sometimes they use other types of fish.

if that doesnt answer your question, call a doctor or a nursing line - alot of companies offer some kind of nurses assistance hotline, so you may want to ask your HR person at work about this

littlblueyes
Probably because it is usually made from a specific type of whitefish. But it doesn't have set regulations, so they could technically make it out of whatever they want...

BENDER
Rating
I think so, it should say on the package what it's made from. Probably cod, which is not shellfish.

A Non Blond Mom
yes because imitation crabmeat is made from fish
http://www.gale-edit.com/products/volumes/crab_meat.htm

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy