Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

‚ô•Ello ‚ô• Vee ‚ô• E‚ô•
Bananas, kikis, certain nuts, avocados, and carrots make my throat itch... Why is that?
Could I be (slightly) allergic?

Dr Bob
Congratulations!

You have food allergies! They are not necessarily slight as the itchy throat is only one of the things a food allergy may do, you should have yourself tested for specifics and avoid eating those things that may be harmful to you.

pennypincher
It is probably oral allergy syndrome. Do you have any problem when these things are cooked? It is related to pollen allergies. Desensitation shots for pollen allergies will probably also take care of your allergy to these foods.

THE Cupid HATER
Rating
Could be!
See your doctor about an allergy test for these items and any others that you suspect!

J P
Bananas make my throat itch, I'm allergic to them.

robin.maltby2@rogers.com
I believe you have what is called Oral Allergy Syndrome. I get that from apples, peaches - anything with a pit/seeds. It is somehow connected with birch tree pollen. Check it out on the net.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Related Questions

Questions List Answers

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy