Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

When my eyes are itchy and i rub them, why do little black and white dots start swirling in front of me?
it wierd. they're like the size of knats and they stay there for like 30 seconds. got any ideas?...

My 18 mth old has severe excema. An allergy test showed allergies to wheat, soy, eggs and peanut. Any advice?
We have taken him off wheat for 4 days now, but excema isn't getting any better. The test did not show any allergies to dairy- but when I give him dairy - his excema flares. Just curious if ...

Are there any GREAT over the counter allergy medicines?
Advil Allergy and Sinus worked a little while for me, but now my allergies are terrible! The other day I was rubbing my eyes and having sneezing fits, and when I came inside from gym my eyes were ...

Can i give human medicines to an ailing cat or dog? if so what should be the dosage?

Whats the weirdest thing you're allergic to?
mine would probably be ...

I have been suffering from nosebleeds for a long time the severity differs what does this mean??
i am a teenager who is an athlete and does a lot of sports and activities the nosebleeds always happen during may-june-and july- never any other ...

Are there any dogs or cats I can have even though I am allergic to all fur animals?

Do you think the sun makes you sneeze?

How do you cope with hayfever?

Is it possible to be allergic to water?

What is hydroquarterzone?
Recently I was taken ino hospital to be treated for an allergy reaction. The doctors there gave my hydroquarterzone injection. I have no idea what it is, so could anyone tell me what it is?...

Is anyone allergic to something they really wished they weren't?
I can not eat chocolate because I get severe migranes if I do.
I love it but it isn't worth being in bed for days at a time for.
Additional Details
The Lone Wayfarer,aww,so ...

Where can i get a red nose from?

I have a condition on my scalp. It is itchy, red , and I also have flaking. I have tried all kinds of?
of shampoos and I have been trying not to scratch it when it itches-but nothing helps any suggestions?...

What bug is biting me?!?!?
I am being bitten by some type of insect in my house (not mosquitoes/fleas) produces large (silver dollar plus size) horribly itchy bumps. Usually when there is close contact of cloth. I am getting ...

Is my nose broke??
i think my nose is broke... my friends bro jumode onto me accedentally on the trempoline.. my eye is all swollen will the bruising get worse or better??...

Is it possible to have an allergic reaction to cannabis?
a few of us had a get together and smoked some cannabis, one of my friends has now got a kind of rash on his face.. is it possible that it was what he smoked or... please help!...

What should i take a bath or shower ?
because i have a stuffy nose and i wanna my nose to feel better what should i do ?...

Which type of nose is better, long noses or short noses?
and if you can, please state why, thanks....

What kind of allergy medicine do you use?
i fear my august allergy attacks already

ive done everything, but im probably going to do 3 days of claritin d 24 hour and then the new OTC zyrtec to make sure i dont get use to either ...

Carey000
Any chocolate candy suggestions for people with peanut allergies?
My toddler has been diagnosed with a peanut allergy and it looks like most of his Halloween candy either has peanuts in it or is processed on equipment where the process other peanut candies. I was hoping to find some chocolate that I can buy that the little guy can eat as a treat.
Additional Details
He isn't allergic to tree nuts, just peanuts.

I never said I planned on giving him a bunch of candy, but this is something he's going to have to live with for the rest of his life, so I figured it would be good to know what he can eat.

Husker
Rating
Get him something without nuts in it

Cptn. B
Rating
I am a chocolate lover and have a peanut allergy as well. I also travel a great deal and I have found out that you have to avoid chocolate from the big manufacturers. Alternatively, in both Venezuela and Costa Rica (and I am sure other places) there are superb locally made chocolates with zero peanut content or contact. As a bonus they are spectacular to the taste. As another bonus you might take the boy to these wonderfully beautiful spots to eat some.

Nosy Parker
I am allergic to peanuts, so I stick to things like Nestle` Crunch, Tootsie Rolls, Plain M&M's, and many different non-chocolate things.
Try some non-chocolate candy, because most of it doesn't have peanuts in it, and it doesn't have the fat content that chocolate has.

cope_acetic
There is very little MADE in the world---other than at your house---that doesn't either have peanuts, peanut oil, or contact with peanuts in some form.
You are in for a rough ride....I hope he isn't so allergic that another kid with a PB&J sandwich in the same room will kill him.

derstrudelmonkey
First of all, don't panic. There is a myriad of non peanut candies on the market and as a rule of hygiene you cannot roll out candies with peanuts on the same machine (without sterilizing the equipment first.) This would not only compromise the flavor but also make for an impossible task of quality control. You have my word as a two star chef on it. So relax and give the little rugrat some candy.

Sunshine
Try something with mint- like frango's or something.

mooseny35
Rating
I can truly empathize. My toddler is allergic to all nuts. Luckily,peanut is minimal(she can't have an actual peanut) so she can have the candy that was"processed in a plant that also processes..." I keep her away from any tree nut stuff.

Anyhow..the only candy that I have found without that label is Junior Mints. The other one just says processed in a plant with almonds would be Hersheys milk chocolate bars. Their other products have the peanut warnings.

On a more expensive note,there's a website www.divvies.com that processes candy without any kind of nut exposure. I've never tried it but it was recommended by a family friend. There's also www.goldenpeabutter.com --That's peanutbutter made without peanuts..truly.

It's really difficult,I know.

cliffy
why are you giving a toddler candy anyway?

?
Rating
You should stay away from snickers, Hershey almonds, and take five. You could have plain Hershey's, milky way, crunch, and kitkat.

Wakamatsu Madoka
try a hershey's bar w/o almonds it might help since its chocolate w/o peanuts.

sara
A good place to go to is vermont nut free. They have a good vartiety of treats. They are 100% peanut and nut free. They tend to be a little expensive but it is worth it. Also for cookies i either make my own or buy Dare brand cookies. A good site to help you with question is peanutallergy.com! The people are very helpful! good luck. The allergy is scary, buggest thing to remember, read all labels and call the companies if you are not sure!

[insert something clever here]
IF HE WANTS SOMETHING SWEET AND BROWN JUST GIVE HIM A PACKET OF BROWN SUGAR

sokkaralis
Rating
I think you better try chocolate candies with plain chocolate and no filling OR nuts inside. you will find dark, milk, or white chocolate bars in stores, just be sure there is no filling inside. Or for being sure that you will not have a problem just buy plain chocolate and some chocolate moulds in different shapes. Then you can make your own chocolate candies and be 100% sure. If you need any help on melting or tempering the chocolate then contact me and I will answer to you. I hoped I have helped.

myheartisjames
i know of a cookie mix and frosting mix and cake mix that is made without common allergens...... let me get you a link.......

they even have formulas with no gluten......

Bare Bear
He's screwed. Try a health food store and make sure it says no peanuts or nuts on the label.

oh_what_a_wabbit
Rating
I too have a peanut allergy, but the good thing is that I've never liked candy.....
I suggest Tootsie roll products, the link below will take you to the part where it talks about not having any nut products in their factory! Good luck and Be Careful!!

Doc8
Rating
Nestles plain chocolate bars---delicious

╣China ♥ Doll╠
Rating
You can make your own chocolate bars. It will be fun to make and to eat!

I saw it on the Food Network last week, just exclude the nuts: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_34944,00.html

ms pepper
Rating
I am a school lunch aide and must be very watchful of food allergins
Tootsie rolls are non-peanut contact, but are a choking hazard for very young children. You can make chocolate flavored treats with candy flavoring.
have your child tested every few years by the doctor, as some children out grow peanut allergies, I have one of my students who has.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, October 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy