Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Allergies
Health Discussion Forum

I need a sore throat to be gone overnight. Possibilities?
I'm feeling perfectly fine today until, a sore throat appears and is very painful. But I believe it came from yelling for an audition for Voice Acting, since I don't usually yell. And I don&...

I have been getting blurry/fuzzy vision at times and then i get a major headache is this from my allergies?
sometimes I get nauseated from my headaches...I have been taking my allergy medicine (Allegra) every day but every so often I will get a bout of the blurry vision and headache associated with nausea ...

I can't sleep! Everytime I lay my head down I get a stuffy nose! What to do??

Sore throat, stuffy ears, and runny nose, what is it?
This has been going on for the past couple of days... I don't have allergies but I think I may be developing some. I went to the doctor yesterday and I don't have strep or mono, but my ...

Why do I get the runny nose?
I work in a big retail store and from the time I enter the store my nose gets runny.I constantly have to wipe my nose.When I leave the store I have no problem it stops.What could it be?...

Why is there more nut allergies now than there was 20 years ago?

What is the co-relation with asthma & ecsema?
My side of the family has ecsema/asthma problems and I heard they are both connected somehow. My grandmother was told that when my father was born he'd either have asthma or ecsema (grandma had ...

Throat or neck pain right side specially when swallowing?
my younger sister is also having a throat or neck pain right side specially when she swallows. also she had a running nose several days ago and now it has progressed to coughing. could it be ...

Am i having an allergic reaction?
ive recently tried this new face mask, and the package says its supposed to sting a little because it shows its working, but after i take it off, my face is bright red and burning really bad for ...

Should I buy one of those expensive Air Purifers from Sharper Image for my room? Will it help my allergies???
I'm starting to wondering big time....as i constantly have a running nose and itchy and watery eyes and have to use 50 tissues......should i buy one of those air purifiers, $200-300 and use it ...

POLL: Are you allergic to anything?
As far as I know, I am not allergic to anything.

But what are you allergic to, and what happens when you eat/touch/get close to it?

Thanks....

What are all the ingredients of bread?
have i b s eating white bread makes me ill for 6 to 7 weeks why ? is it gluten allergy or something else in the bread mix . i am not allergic to wine yeast....

Do you know of any herbal/alternative remedies for allergies/hayfever ?

I have a 17 month old son who is allergic to all milk products.?
I need a substitute for butter to put on his toast, he is also allergic to soy which is found in margarine, any suggestions would be appreciated. I tried jelly but he's not crazy about it....

Can you still smoke pot if you are allergic to hemp seed oil?
Found out this morning rather unpleasantly that I am allergic to hemp seed oil (was in my tanning lotion). I was told that because of this, I can't smoke pot (not that I do, but I am just ...

How get rid from allergy rihinities?

Why is the reason that our nose bleeds?
why? when does it happen? where does the blood flow from?...

Yuuuuuuuccccckkk?
I have the pink eye what do I do to stop it....

Why do my eye irratate when i used aftershave or body spray?
its my left eye, been happing for years. i also get white stuff on both of my eyes which never goes away, and i get crust on my eye lids. i been trying diff eye drops and this been going for 6 years. ...

I need sinus help!?
I seem to be getting sinus infections once a month now, and it's miserable. I've started taking vitamins and eating bettter and changed my diet since going to the allergist and finding out I...

emurillo85
Am i allergic to Lettuce? Every time i have it i get really sick in the stomach and i get diarreah...help?
y is this happening

Fran
Oh my goodness! I used to do the same thing after I had my gallbladder took out. I was diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome. If you'll take my advice I can save you years of torment cause I done been through all this about 12 years ago. You have a PH imbalance. Think about it, when the ph is off in a swimming pool the green and crap it grows in it, Same with our bodies.Every disease will grow in an acidic environment. Go to snyderhealth.com and read about it (The PH miracle) then go to vaxa.com and get the free cd and PH strips to check your PH at home (you pee on a little stick) It comes with a PH chart and will tell you if you're acidic or alkaline. You are going to be acidic! If they havent took your gallbladder yet, you can save it! The body heals itself! I wish I had known all this back then! Cause the Dr will tell you, you dont need it. Hogwash! I was worse after they took it out! Just do your homework and you'll be ok. This will save you from every disease!But dont eat lettuce for right now!

aabc44
Rating
it may not be the lettuce itself, but if it's not washed thoroughly then you get the stomach upset (remember those bagged spinach, lettuce recalls? Improper handling and packaging gave us more than that: E-COLI)

Bin There
Rating
Do you wash the lettuce good before you eat it ?? I wounder if it might be the bug spray on the lettuce. Let tic it self is seldom considered an allergen. But any thing is possable.

dingding
Rating
A few things that might be going on. Are you washing it really well? Lettuce has a ton of pesticides buried in the leaves. Iceberg is mostly water and not much fiber, and your body might not like it. Try romaine, which has a little more fiber but is still crunchy. Lettuce in general is hard to digest...are you getting enough fiber in your diet? 30g a day is ideal. Maybe your body needs to be reconditioned to processing fiber.

bridgie
I Have a friend with the same problem, she has irritable bowel syndrome though

kitty
Rating
I HOPE YOU WASH THE LETTUCE BEFORE YOU EAT IT THAT WILL MAKE YOU SICK GREENS DO CLEAN OUT YOU SYSTEM IT'S NORMAL

Magik
iceberg lettuce does that to me too. it doesn't mean you are allergic, your digestive system just can't break it down right.
Try romaine. that works better for me and eat a slice of butter bread when you have a salad

Computer2008
If you were allergic to food you would have the following:

Signs and symptoms
For some people, an allergic reaction to a particular food may be uncomfortable but not serious. For other people, an allergic food reaction can be frightening and even life-threatening. Signs and symptoms of a food allergy usually develop within a few minutes to an hour after eating the offending food.

The most common signs and symptoms of a true food allergy include:

Tingling in the mouth
Hives, itching or eczema
Swelling of the lips, face, tongue and throat, or other parts of the body
Wheezing, nasal congestion or trouble breathing
Abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting
Dizziness, lightheadedness or fainting
The symptoms you have depend on what type of food allergy you have.

In a severe allergic reaction to food — called anaphylaxis — you may have more extreme symptoms including these life-threatening signs and symptoms:

Constriction of airways, including a swollen throat or a lump in your throat, that makes it difficult to breathe
Shock, with a severe drop in blood pressure
Rapid pulse
Dizziness, lightheadedness or loss of consciousness
Emergency treatment is critical in treating anaphylaxis. Food anaphylaxis is responsible for thousands of emergency room visits and as many as 200 deaths in the United States each year.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy