Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

Serious nose bleeds!!?
please my poor little brother is always bleeding throught the nose alot
in about a week he bleeds about 2 cups!
how can i prevent it? (no tampons)...

What is the highest random blood sugar reading a non diabetic could have????

Diet Pop-Does it raise Blood Glucose?
I have heard/read Yes and No!...

How can I become bulimic and thinner? I am 5'5 weighing 169 pounds, obviously being overweight. I am fat..help
I am fat and have low self confidence. I am going to become bulimic and need some guidance and help. I am 20 years old. I know the consequences, but I don't plan on doing it forever. I live ...

Drinking and type 1 diabetes.?
when you have type 1 diabetes what can you do to keep your blood sugar from getting low when drinking?

don't yell at me for drinking with diabetes, just tell be how to ...

Do people with type 1 diabetes?
take insulin shots every 3-4 hours
and what happens if they miss a shot or something, i heard its bad
and what about type 2 diabetes, they dont have to take shots do they?

my ...

How to Avoid Getting Corns?

Heart attack at young age due to diabetes?
does anyone know of anyone that is diabetic and had a heart attack at a young age? 20's and 30's? just curious! thanks!...

I need money to go to school. I'm healthy. Is anyone interested to buy my kidney with a buy back option?

Could this be diabetes? my feet get really cold even with socks/covers/running and sometimes tingle?
im 14, girl
Additional Details
my right leg also feels a bit weirder than my left. is this serious or could it wait till monday?...

Diabetes help.?
A friend of mines father has recently found out he has diabetes and im trying to put together a care package to send to her to help out. Her father has moved in with her so she can help him out and ...

Does anyone know what vitamens a type 2 diabetic should take?
I heard b vitamens help bring glucose into cell where it could be metabolized instead of going directly into blood and increasing glucose levels.

anyone ?...

I might be diabetic?
my fingers tinkle and swell at night. mostlyl my right hand. my mother and most of her family are diabetic. i've also had a low count whenever i checked my blood sugar at the pharmacy....

Researchers have fornd a cure for type 2 diabetes. But why is it being kept under wraps?
A cure has been found for type 2 diabetes and its not some man made chemical mediscine. Its as simple as eating raw foods for 30 days! I know this sound like a buncha bull considering the huge ...

..i am a diabetic and i experience low blood sugar at times?
i do take insulin (low dose so far). when i do have low sugar it happens around a meal is due. it is a terrible feeling. what i want to know that should i not know it is happening ( at times when i ...

I am a border line diabetic so what foods are best for me and which should I avoid?
I would like a diet that helps me lose weight as ...

Should I go to the dr. if my sugar level is like this?
I'm 21 years old and I am considered overweight (just fyi). I just checked my blood sugar a few minutes ago and it was up to 219 and I haven't had anything to drink or eat in at least 3 or 4...

I have been diagnosed with prediabetes but I am not overweight and I don't eat excessively bad, help?
Are there other reasons that a person could be on the path to type 2 diabetes and prediabetes other than being overweight because it seems like I do not fit in this category at all. I really can'...

Can you poke on every finger for blood sugar test

Am i diabetic? last january i had an extreme thirst and went to the doctors and they checked me for diabetes?
the results came back i had high sugar, the nurse told me to go away and cut most of my sugar out and come back for more tests the following week, but i found it so difficult and didnt cut much out, ...

FavoredbyU
I have a relative with diabetes. How are diabetics supposed to eat?
Because this diabetic i know eats sweets and drinks beer, but claims that he doesnt exactly know what a diabetic can eat, so he eats the stuff he knows he shouldn't eat.

amerysse
Mostly, they should regulate their sugar intake, because being diabetic, they can't process sugar very well. I also know a diabetic who eats low sodium foods(low salt).

Gort
Diet Guidelines
http://www.diabetes911.net/readit/chapter10.shtml

Blood Sugar Management
http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowContent/blood_sugar_management/

Behavior modification has to be THEIR idea . . perhaps estate planning information would be more appropriate:
http://www.suzeorman.com/igsbase/igstemplate.cfm?SRC=MD002a&SRCN=catalogdetail&ProductID=20&StartRow=1&GnavID=10&SnavID=48&TnavID=

cate
Rating
Diabetics should eat regular, healthy meals.

Low in refined (high glycaemic index) sugar, low fat.

Occasional moderate alcohol is Ok but with food would be best.

‚ô• Emma‚ô• Pierson‚ô•
Rating
they need to wach wat they eat... but eat normally!!!!!!

atcblue05
He should definitely watch what he eats because if he doesn't, it can lead to problems with the heart, brain, blood and other things.

It also depends on which diabetes he has. Because with one diabetes the body doesn't utilize sugar normally. But with the other diabetes sugar is utilized normally, but water is not reabsorbed correctly leading to excessive urination.

Spinner4eva
Rating
diabetics can eat anything,
but they need to keep a eye on there sugar, and/or take insulin

dances with unicorns
A diabetic can eat anything that anybody else can, for the most part - they just have to make sure to take the appropriate amount of insulin to deal with the sugar in their bloodstream. Like anybody else, if they eat too much, they'll gain weight; if they don't eat enough (or don't take enough insulin), they'll probably lose weight. The notion that a diabetic can't have sweets or alcohol is very outmoded; as long as the person partakes in moderation, he can have anything he wants, just like anybody else.

ruadhdarragh
Diabetics should follow the same diet that everyone should follow. Realistic portions, lots of fruit and vegetables, lean meat, and as little fat as possible.

Occasional indulgences are fine, too. One beer is not going to hurt a diabetic any more than it will a perfectly healthy person. The same with sweets.

Your diabetic friend needs to go to some classes to learn what to eat and how much, and check with his doctor to get some bloodwork done that will tell him how well he's doing controlling his blood sugar.

It's a myth that diabetics can't eat bread and things with carbs in them. Everybody needs to eat carbs, protien, and fat, every single day. Just not too much of any one thing.

Barkley Hound
Rating
Stay away from carbohydrates. Potatoes, rice, pasta, and bread.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy